Northern Devon Healthcare Trust Employee Reviews

Good for nursing staff
Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Molton, Devon2 April 2019
This has been a great company to work for. Management are very supportive, CPD is really pushed at this trust!
Lots of encouragement to further your career. Great team working and multi-disciplinary team working. In comparison to other trusts this trust have been spot on Payroll team are quick and responsive to queries.
Pros
Good rates of pay, supportive management, good induction, fantastic community services for patients
Cons
More mileage money for community services would be an improvement
Small, friendly hospital.
Biomedical Scientist (Current Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon26 September 2018
Admittedly very hard work, but feel valued and supported from my immediate management team.
As a small hospital you get to know others well even those outside your immediate department so really feels like a team effort
Pros
Good salary especially in relation to out of hours
Cons
Parking could be better but still not as bad as other hospitals
Appalling place to work
Secretary/Administrator (Current Employee) –  North Devon District Hospital30 January 2018
Management unsupportive, they appointment line managers with little or no experience. Bullying nature and obsessed with ticking boxes to meet protocols with little appreciation of individual circumstances. Poor pay, ever increasing workloads. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Ever increasing pressure to undertake more work in same time, training on new systems is inadequate and staff take blame for management incompetence, Staff moral extremely low
Sounds like a perfect job
rapid response (Former Employee) –  north devon healthcare. community28 May 2017
The area to cover in your own car is vast. Sometimes 150 miles a day. The mileage is covered up to 3000 miles which you will reach in a few months and then you dont get enough to cover your expenses. When you put your mileage in each month, they query it and decide to only pay you what mileage they think you should have driven, not taking into account road closures and getting lost etc. There is little support from management and you really are on your own. A very disappointing role that could have been brilliant.
Pros
working on your own supporting people in the community
Cons
You need to be able to support yourself financially because of all the mileage
good working environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon15 May 2017
Busy office being main port of call for visitors/phone calls. Arranging appointments for meetings and sourcing venues, managing office Petty Cash, ordering stationery. Management has changed in last six months but remained a good working environment. Enjoy working with my colleagues.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
travelling
Bullying at local level
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Okehampton Hospital29 April 2017
Trust varies on working environment. My particular area was one of the worst I have ever worked in especially for bullying and discrimination. Very high turnover of staff members due to this.
Pros
Nhs
Cons
Bullying
Busy trust
Community Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple5 August 2016
Case load very busy, staff good team players which makes job bearable. Patients expectations of service more than we are able to deliver sometimes.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Patient expectations
The Head Management do not support the staff when needed, so there is a high level of staff coming and going
Trainee Assistant Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Exeter24 June 2014
My co workers were very supportive of me while I worked within the trust. The patients are treated with dignity and respect always. I worked within the NHS organisation for many years. I became an Assistant Practitioner, but there was no job available for me within the trust. The management within the hospital were very supportive to enable me to return to my job, but the the Higher Management within the organisation to be able to keep the staff need to be more supportive. They are not really family friendly and expect the staff to put work before family, no matter what the situation is. The most enjoyable part of the job, was to see that all the patients were pleased to see me, when I was on duty
Professionally supportive environment in a lovely part of the country
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  North Devon District Hospital14 December 2012
Providing care for surgical patients as day cases, ensuring they are safe to have surgery, supporting them in preparation for procedure, recover them post-operatively and discharge them home if discharge criteria is met. Co-ordinate early pregnancy assessment and pre-operative assessment clinics were roles I particularly enjoyed.
I have found the roles of work varied, yet enjoy the routine that needs to take place where everyone works in unison.
The senior team members are supportive in facilitating personal and professional development and are very much part of the workforce.
All members of the multidisciplinary team are united in providing patient-centred-care and promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
The most difficult aspect of my job was the distance I needed to travel to work, this is not uncommon in this lovely rural area of the country.
Meeting patients and assisting them to feel supported and safe when about to undergo surgery.
Pros
discounts at many local stores
Cons
parking at peak hours can be difficult