Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Worst employer I've worked for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kettering23 October 2016
This Trust has the worst employee treatment I've ever experienced. They condone bullying from management and the HR dept is a waste of time who do not follow policy or procedure. They are constantly restructuring and cutting vital jobs affecting both patient care and the morale of staff that have double/triple the workload as a result. When the experienced staff have left the Trust recruits again for apprentices and minimum wage staff. In contrast to cutting jobs this Trust employs contractors on large salaries to do jobs that their own staff could do. There has been a lot of resentment as these contractors are on salaries of approx £500 or more per day and often prove to be a waste of time and money. In addition the Trust likes to re-employ ex directors/senior managers who have left either due to redundancy with huge payouts or who have retired into high earning temporary project jobs. Is it any wonder the NHS is failing when you find out how the CEO and Directors spend the public's money?

This Trust has a Well-being Team and a high level administrator who is paid a good salary to do mindless tasks such as booking the odd course for staff and giving out sweets to staff who have just had the flu jab. A low level employee could do this just as well but its not WHAT you know it's WHO you know within this Trust.

The management do not listen to their employees and are ineffective, uncaring and unprofessional. This Trust caters for mental health patients but their own staff are neglected and stressed which affects their performance.

I have seen and heard many
  more... shocking working practices and failings within this Trust and I would not recommend this Trust as a good place to work for anyone.  less
Pros
Some nice, genuine people work here
Cons
Poor employee treatment, bullying, poor management, priority is money not patient care of employee welfare
SystmOne Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kettering13 September 2016
Whilst working there i learnt so much about various computer programs, i learnt management skills and a lot of project skills. Management could have been a bit more helpful and if there was alot less red tape then things would have gone much more swimmingly but its the public sector so can't complain to much.
(Host) Poor Management, No Extra Work and Short Shifts = Terrible Pay
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Northampton18 May 2016
Patient catering are terrible. The management is terrible. No structure or means of advancing. There is no job satisfaction as staff, especially doctors, seem to look down on you for being 'bottom of the pile'
The pay is excellent, however, the lack of overtime/shifts available, and the short shifts (2/6 hours), the money does not add up and you are left with a disappointing pay-check at the end of the month.
I find the majority of the staff I work with are rude, and some-what strange.
I do not rate this trust beaded on the management structure
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kettering12 February 2016
I worked with the best and most supportive colleagues at this trust and for that I truly miss it. But don't know why the management system consists of bullies. They do not value their staff and make short term cuts without thinking of the longer term picture. I loved the job and the trust has excellent patient facilities. Just why they employ young managers with not enough people skills is beyond me. It was a great trust when I first started.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Managent
Professional organisation.
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Kettering, ENG12 August 2015
The NHS Trust is a professional organisation which treats people with dignity.

The Trust encourages all staff to stay up to date with all required training.

The Trust offers all staff additional training opportunities as appropriate.
isebrook hospital hotel services
porter (Former Employee) –  isebrook27 July 2015
Loved my job but the management in hotel services is shocking. No people skills what so ever and they bully there staff. As for work life balance they expect you to give give but they never meet you half way.
Pros
great job
Cons
management, bullying
Good working environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kettering7 July 2015
good development opportunities
helpful colleagues
interesting work
very demanding deadlines
Excellent training opportunities
free parking and modern offices
Pros
working time flexible
Cons
management communication
Everchanging and growing
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kettering24 January 2014
A typical day at work would be dealing with anything to do with mobiles phones, Annual Leave, Sickness and any other jobs I am tasked by my Manager.
During my time here I have learnt how to improve my communication skills, I have learnt how to improve my Excel skills.
Both the Management and my co-workers are very supportive within our team.
The hardest part of my job would be when a major problem may arise either within O2 or within an order we have placed with an outside supplier.
The most enjoyable part of my job is I get to help people and work part of a team. I enjoy my job, but I am also looking for a new challenge.
Pros
Good team, friendly members of staff, NHS Pension, supportive Line Manager, ability to do my NVQ whilst working
Cons
Unable to progress
PA secretary to two ward
PA Secretary to Modern Matron and Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Duston Northampton17 September 2013
Varied job, enjoyable.

I do audio typing, minutes of meetings, filing, involvement in OT workshops
Benefits
Cons
does not fit with personal life
A all-round good experience in a longstanding institution.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Berrywood Hospital, Duston14 May 2012
Dealing with members of the public. Transcribing dictations. Arranging appointments and preparing clinics for various locations around the trust. I taught myself independent working skills. Their is a big gap between the clinical and admin staff. Lower managers/supervisors currently attempting to bridge the gap often with very limited sucess. Clinical staff very professional and friendly, where as the admin staff are very stretched. Dealing with your colleages stress and negative opnions was the most challenging, the most enjoyable part was the patients and their interesting lives. I really appreciated the flexi-time.
Pros
flexi-time.
Cons
general stressful environment, with alot of staff sickness.