Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
Ongoing development of services
This is a company of continuous development and improvements.
A typical day is always full of various duties / tasks to complete,

Training or meetings to attend, emails to read and respond to. Always a need to prioritise your work load. Every day is different, we get accostumed to expect the unexpected. Different goals and challenges each day.
Pros
Stimulating environment
Cons
Heavy work load
Face needs to fit
It doesn’t matter now passionate hard working or committed you are if you face doesn’t fit the bullying senior manager will do everything to get rid of you
Fair
Lone working can be stressful new staff definitely need more support than what they do you do learn a lot of skills but as your a lone worker it is hard to get that support
Wish I'd applied years ago
2 years ago, I left Olympus Care Services, as a depressed, downtrodden wreck.
Then i joined the NHFT team. The difference is like chalk and cheese.

I now feel valued.

I feel as though my opinion matters.

My managers listen to me, and treat me with respect.

I wish I'd joined NHFT years ago.
Logistics Operative/Driver
You'll be expected to go in earlier than your paid 8am start time to prepare your van and collect delivery items. This won't be paid time.

You'll be expected to rush around collecting and delivering to get the job done. If you're not prepared to break speed limits you'll find you get behind and it cuts into your meal break. The Isotrak system supports my claim having watched other drivers break speed limits constantly to complete runs. If a senior NHS Managers is reading this please have a look into this and improve it for safety reasons and the drivers working life.

You be expected to hit the ground running in terms of working out the collection and delivery points and the associated intricacies of what to collect and when to collect it as it changes on different routes and different days.

There was a supervisor and a manager it appeared that the supervisor did all of the day to day work.

In terms of what was expected moving important medically sensitive, time critical blood samples and records around various hospitals there was minimal if any paper trail or fall back to protect yourself should any issues arise. There should be a least a personal handover and record of collection, some sites items simply left on un manned reception desks.

Workplace culture a couple of drivers were friendly enough. You are viewed as "just a driver" by some of the other members of the hospital staff. It felt that there was a take it or leave it attitude to raising concerns about learning routes and the amount of work required.

Collecting pharmacy items was like visiting the
 - more...
People first
Not your typical NHS trust, positive vibe, friendly and helpful colleagues. Quality is key in everything the trust does. Always aiming higher but also believe in work life balance. Big on just culture.
Great place to work.
Colleagues are very friendly and helpful, managers look out for you, great support. As a mental health service they do have support for employees who have mental health issues. Staff well-being is a high priority.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Low wage
Appalling place to work
Bullying management and if anyone considering it think again. They even hand over your staff files with medical certificates etc to temporary secretaries. Appalling but look like absolute saints compared to Northampton General.
Isebrook
Bullying management who if you're not seen to be a favourite want u out the door!
Heavy work load expected to do things on you're own when manual handling says different.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Very heavy work, bullying and make you feel bad when you cant stay extra
Very enjoyable place to work and rewarding.
I have worked for the NHS for 16 years and would like to stay there until I retire. My role is very rewarding, and the NHS really look after their staff , they always make your work environment a safe and fun place to be.
Pros
Very rewarding, good pension and holidays
Cons
Long hours and short staffed.
Lone working
staff are friendly, and good Team spirit when you get to see your Team members. enjoy working here but work load heavy and not enough time with patients at busier times. Lots of driving involved.
Excellent Training and career progression should you wish to do so

Variety of Shifts from 8am - 11pm
Community nursing gives you the opportunity to work on your own, but you always have the support you need.
I have really enjoyed my time working for the community learning disability team. I have learned so much about my client's and myself.
I have learned clinical skills, tracheostomy and gastrostomy care.

I have also learned that working on a 1:1 basis does not suit everybody, and we have to learn how to adapt to each other so the care package work's between the family and staff
Challenging career.
Challenging environment in which I was well supported by work colleagues but not always by management.

During my career there were a lot of changes and advancements in the way we nursed, the majority of these were positive changes.
Very busy and funding controlled at times
Being a secretary for a consultant and team I managed challenging deadlines with numerous professionals asking for things to be done immediately, prioritising was crucial. Keeping a breast of situations before they arose was also a good positive skill learnt.
Pros
Good annual leave, networking was enjoyable with other directorates
Cons
Dealing with people in stressful situations and not always getting the desired outcome
Enjoyable and well supported work environment.
Shift working including allocated night duty.
Working at a variety of venues.

Broad multi disciplinary working.

Autonomy but with extensive peer group support.

Hardest: Huge sense of professional responsibility and accountable due to level of risk assessment involved.

Enjoy: Peer group support and allocated time for further professional development and mandatory training.

Stable management style with thoughtful introduction of change.
Pros
Allocated breaks. Free parking or expenses paid in full and in a timely manner.
Cons
Constant logistical change requiring careful management with limited resource.
Target oriented working
Loved my job as a health Trainer
Got a level 3 qualification.

Trained in motivational interviewing which is a fantastic tool for behaviour change,

Met some lovely people from all walks of life and developed special bonds.

Hardest part of the job was achieving unrealistic targets.

Most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was seeing my clients achieving their goals and making lifestyle changes to lead a healthier life.
Pros
Personal development through learning.
Worst employer I've worked for
This Trust has the worst employee treatment I've ever experienced. They condone bullying from management and the HR dept is a waste of time who do not follow policy or procedure. They are constantly restructuring and cutting vital jobs affecting both patient care and the morale of staff that have double/triple the workload as a result. When the experienced staff have left the Trust recruits again for apprentices and minimum wage staff. In contrast to cutting jobs this Trust employs contractors on large salaries to do jobs that their own staff could do. There has been a lot of resentment as these contractors are on salaries of approx £500 or more per day and often prove to be a waste of time and money. In addition the Trust likes to re-employ ex directors/senior managers who have left either due to redundancy with huge payouts or who have retired into high earning temporary project jobs. Is it any wonder the NHS is failing when you find out how the CEO and Directors spend the public's money?

This Trust has a Well-being Team and a high level administrator who is paid a good salary to do mindless tasks such as booking the odd course for staff and giving out sweets to staff who have just had the flu jab. A low level employee could do this just as well but its not WHAT you know it's WHO you know within this Trust.

The management do not listen to their employees and are ineffective, uncaring and unprofessional. This Trust caters for mental health patients but their own staff are neglected and stressed which affects their performance.

I have seen and heard many
 - more...
Pros
Some nice, genuine people work here
Cons
Poor employee treatment, bullying, poor management, priority is money not patient care of employee welfare
Whilst working there i learnt so much about various computer programs, i learnt management skills and a lot of project skills. Management could have been a bit more helpful and if there was alot less red tape then things would have gone much more swimmingly but its the public sector so can't complain to much.
Typical day is engaging with clients, writing reports, assessments and delivering groups.
Staff are very friendly

Received very good management and supervision - provided good advice on professional development
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Demanding role
Generally a nice place
Day to day the office was busy with a variety of tasks needing to be completed, the team is supportive and a pleasure to work with. I learned a lot about patient confidentiality and how the NHS and childrens services operates. I enjoyed the variety of the job and will be sad to leave
(Host) Poor Management, No Extra Work and Short Shifts = Terrible Pay
Patient catering are terrible. The management is terrible. No structure or means of advancing. There is no job satisfaction as staff, especially doctors, seem to look down on you for being 'bottom of the pile'
The pay is excellent, however, the lack of overtime/shifts available, and the short shifts (2/6 hours), the money does not add up and you are left with a disappointing pay-check at the end of the month.

I find the majority of the staff I work with are rude, and some-what strange.