Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
Hours
Ok Needed more Hours needed to make the job worth while only 3 hours per day.
Could not offer any more hours at the time so had to leave as it wasn't enough with a change of circumstances. No other options availble at the Hospital at the time.
Place where you need to be a management favourite
I was held back unfairly from pursuing my career as a Cardiac Physiologist. I had to make way for the students who were allowed to do anything they wanted, meaning that someone had to do the boring jobs ie me, despite having more experience, being harder working and having a better attitude than most of the students. I feel as if I was discriminated against, possibly due to my age and also because I wasn't one of the favourites. There are some junior managers who are conscientious and want to help, but the culture of the department from higher management only rewards those whose faces fit, who are pushy, or who are sycophantic
Do not work there
Culture of bullying within department.
Inconsistency and favouritism.

Management are under qualified and overpaid in most departments.

Gone rapidly downhill.

High turnover of staff

CQC rated NGH as required improvement

Enough said
Bad culture, but some good eggs
I have worked in various departments and sadly the underlying culture has progressively got worse over the years.

Management are unqualified and overrun by contractors so often no consistency.

Good workers are overworked and nepotism helps career progression, not talent.
Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
At the outset of my role at Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust, I worked alongside a fantastic management team, a brilliant manager and had an excellent team in place. Delivering frontline services to over 6,000 healthcare professionals, this was an excellent place to work,
fun, understanding flexible
The hospital is very helpful, organised. The management is understanding and flexible. There is great potential for employees but finance and time is difficult. Everyone is kind, I feel moving from a big hospital to another hospital it has been easy and people appreciate your experience which is very good.
Pros
staff, layout, system
Cons
still using paper for some documents
Best career move l ever did
Opportunity is endless learning skills can make a difference and improve your future thank his for the NHS great team work and friendly staff and environment working for the bank and permanent basis bank work hours to suit you and permanent positions offer part time and full time the world is your oyster
productive
From my time working as a ward hostess i have learnt how to communicate in the correct way with patients, staff and relatives. This has increased my confidence over the past three years, as well as interacting with colleagues and managers too. Having the responsibility of around 30 patients was challenging to begin with however i am now in a confident position to do two wards that can be up to 40 patients sometimes and work in A&E which is fast pace that others may not be comfortable in. When going to work i will do the same routine every shift, except the ward i get placed on will vary. Everything that needs to be done is in a specific time frame, so for example breakfast starts at 8 am, lunch is served at 12 pm and dinner is at 5 pm. It is important that i stick to these specific times as it enables me to get everything done before the end of the shift. I like working on certain wards as i get along well with staff, but also the type of patients i prefer to be with because i interact better with them.
Pros
i enjoy going to work
Cons
the job can become repetitive and i would prefer if the shift allowed longer hours.
It was a good job.
It is a good job with a good salary. All the staff were very friendly and always made you feel welcome. There was never a time that I didn’t feel welcome in the job especially by the nurses.
poor
hard place to work no support no staff moral management will not take responsabilty pay rate for health care assistant is poor the job as the type of work you have to
Challenging
The NHS is a very challenging and difficult organisation to work in currently. However, you get a deal of job satisfaction from being able to help patients. The current financialy restraints are very challenging, as well as achieving the Government targets.
Boa experiência
É um hospital pequeno mas com uma enorme afluência de utentes, daí as principais dificuldades na gestão, mas onde encontrei bons colegas, equipas multidisciplinar a desenvolver o melhor trabalho possível para o bem estar do utente.
Good team work, excellent staff and good relationship to boost morale.
High standard of care to all patients taking into consideration their cultural and ethnic background. Working according to policies and guidelines of the organisation.
Unprofessional backstabbing management
Don’t bother applying unless you can cope with incessant backstabbing from management and senior staff alike !
Look elsewhere in the trust unless the management in ED relocate
Pros
Doctors and juniors are friendly and hardworking
Cons
Unsupportive management, bullying high on their agenda. If your face/personality doesn’t fit from day one, don’t plan on being in the same post for long..., you WILL get forced out by fair means or foul
NHS Culture Shock
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
work place culture can be clicky

unsupported

stressful

some blame culture

but some good people to work with.
Pros
some good frontline workers
Cons
blame culture
busy trust
good days and bad days, big management change. awaiting new build for extra assessment beds , will impact hopefully in a good way.
Staff in some areas do go the extra mile to help make things better for patients.

Very busy ED, do have a lot of time wasters and trouble makers
I have been working in the trust for a year and a half now. I love the work culture here.tge staff are very supportive and cooperative . I m imoresssd by the high quality of care the trust is aiming to achieve
Pros
Flexible hours
Awful place to work
- lack of support from management
- little guidance and support for newly qualified staff

- its a very clicky ward you know instantly if your face dont fit
Pros
good salary
Cons
everything apart from salary
Productive and interesting place to work
Good place to get work experience. There's a good supportive team in working place. Very busy eye department. But I enjoy at NGH eye department as an overseas doctor.
good experience but unsupported
i enjoyed the variety of patients i see on the different shift i was asked to work for. However, it was proved too risky and bad practice for the staff shortages and having to manage sometimes two bays of patients that remain the constant problems on the wards, and staff morale was getting low. I was constantly on my feet from start to finish, and don't feel supported, and felt treated different as a bank nurse to their permanent members of staff, at times they would go for a break without including bank staff.
Pros
variety and challenging
Cons
unsupported and bad practice
Great Place to Work
I enjoyed this varied job, but unfortunately had to leave due to my Husband moving around with the RAF. Very sad to leave.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
having to leave