NORTH YORKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Careers and Employment
As England’s largest county North Yorkshire’s natural beauty is captured in its stunning coastlines, scenic rural villages and market towns, as well as two spectacular national parks. North Yorkshire really is a beautiful place to live and work, rich in heritage and culture.
North Yorkshire County Council is the region’s largest employer with a workforce – more...exceeding 20,000 people. Covering a diverse mixture of roles such as: legal, teaching, social work and engineering, we can offer you the opportunity to develop your career. From children’s social care to highways, our services are regarded as among the best nationally. We are a loyal and committed workforce who are resilient, innovative and stay ahead of the curve.
An independent Local Government Association (LGA) peer review described us as “a very good council – its services are highly regarded and the peer review team witnessed areas of excellence’.
As an employee we can offer you a competitive benefits package including:
• Generous leave entitlement
• Flexible, family friendly working practices
• Retail, travel and leisure discounts and salary sacrifice discount schemes
• Market leading pension scheme
• Commitment to staff develop and continuous learning
• Rewards and benefits such as support for people relocation to this great county – less