North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust

North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
Ups and Downs
Trained here, unfortunately, on many occasions, staffing levels prevent decent support for many pre-ceptee midwives and student midwives and all workforce alike.

There used to be (and still are) staff members that I learned so much from. Their experience and expertise were second to none.

Unimpressed with some policies and procedures.

Not always consulted by management regarding issues that affect all the people on the "shop floor".

Need more mental health first aiders and dedicated areas for mindfulness and escapism at work to ensure staff can really shut off on their breaks when required or possible.

If staff are looked after, the staff will ensure that everything else is all well and good, but at times, staff feel undervalued, not listened to and have low morale.

At other times - everyone pulls together and morale increases despite surrounding circumstances.
Not enough hours in the day to do what is expected
A typical day would start off with a number of tasks that need to be done. It would end with exactly the same number of tasks outstanding due to managers wanting other things to tight deadlines, changing the goalposts, crises in clinical areas which require immediate action, mandatory meetings or training set up on your behalf by managers etc. Next day or so managers will ask why your tasks have not been done! Managers have little understanding or interest in what your role entails or what demands are being placed on you by others only in what they want you to do for them.

Consequently there is a widening gap between staff and managers. This is a shame as there used to be a more collaborative culture but it's almost like they don't care if people leave now. Most enjoyable thing is going home!
Pros
Close to home, nice colleagues, nice patients
Cons
Long hours unpaid, highly pressured, no recognition or progression, not nice patients
Broad shoulders required, strong character and determination
Lots of audio typing with additional admin duties.
A difficult working environment with poor management/team leadership. Most would rather not be there. Quite clicky. Patients usually OK though.Interesting subject matter. Parking and exit from site difficult.
Productive and great management
I worked for North West Anglia as part of a 14 month contract apprenticeship and my manager was incredible when it came to me needing time to do my coursework and to do required tests. My job day to day taught me a lot of skills the hardest being learning to deal with unsatisfied patients and how to make things better for them and how to rectify the situation so it wouldn't happen to others. I was always kept busy and have no complaints!
Good team work at clinical level but management could be vastly improved
Since the merger to become North West Anglia, I have noticed that management has been getting poorer. I personally thi k that the whole organisation is too large and the staff and patients are suffering as a consequence. It's been disappointing to experience but shows a picture of how broken the NHS is as a whole.
Collaborative and thorough
Working as a team is very important especially when there is pressure and a high level of turnover of patients. There is also limitless learning opportunities which improve knowledge and skills.
Pros
Good team work
Bullying is rife
Bullying seems to be encouraged from the top down, senior management do not support or encourage staff. Lots of staff off with stress, HR do not know what they are doing and continue the bullying culture. I would say keep away from this Trust if you want to look after your mental health.
Pros
Cons
Bullying culture
Great place to work with supportive colleagues and management
I joined in October 2018
I had a great recruitment and on boarding experience.

Since then I have found my job to be enjoyable, I enjoy working with my colleagues and management have been supportive with me learning.
Pros
Friendly staff and Colleagues
Manager not good
Not a nice place to work you’re just a number no one helps you you’re let on you’re own
The company is not good to work for.....

............

................,
Pros
Lunch ok
Cons
Pay for parking
Rewarding
Working for North West Anglia trust is very rewarding but generally your manager does expect a lot from you for nothing extra. It is hard work but isn’t everywhere? I love helping patients and generally throughout the hospital the work life balance is okay
Pros
Staff discount at restaurants etc.
Cons
Pay for parking
Don't look after their staff
As a ex staff member I think the management should take a very long and hard look at the way they treat the staff. The staff are overworked and underpaid and the majority will go the extra mile for their patients but with recognition or thanks from management.

The staff are so demoralised with the job and the way they are treated that they are leaving this Trust and who can blame them?
Pros
Cons
Pay to park, long hours, no recognition.
Busy, productive workplace
Very busy environment, not just in clinical areas but administrative too.

Great opportunity to work with colleagues from varying specialties and experience.
Pros
lovely new building
shocking treatment by hr/management
friendly place too work,unfortenly they put me through a nasty unnecessary investigation as fake allegations were made but they believed the accuser not me. HR are not based in the hosp and are as useful as a chocolate teapot ,do not keep contact and make someone that is accused of something suffer badly then give a bad refrence after,
Pros
Cons
bad treatment by hr
Good work place
It is a very good work place. It is a really friendly environment to work in . Very supportive to new starters and good Perceptorship programme that enables staff to settle and learn at a good pace. Good support system from the clinical educators and colleagues and it has a wide opportunity for carer advancing.
Pros
Good carer development
Cons
work family balance
Buen ambiente
Buen ambiente, hospital en la ciudad de Peterborough
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8