North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust Employee Review

View all North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust reviews

Becoming worse by the day.
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Tameside14 April 2016
Overstretched NHS ambulance service. Poorly led vast organisation that has little career development available to paramedics. Poor work/ life balance for frontline staff with late unarranged finishes now been the norm, and poor short notice shift planning. It seems now more than ever staff are voting with their feet and leaving what once was a job for life. I don't believe its any different in any NHS ambulance service, so after 15 years of being a part of the NHS ambulance service it is with a heavy heart that I am looking elsewhere for employment, but believe that the current situation within the frontline of the service is unhealthy.
Pros
reneumeration
Cons
work/ life balance

Other North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Lovely people
Corporate Governance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester28 April 2019
Lovely people and a beautiful head office. I had the opportunity to spend the day in an ambulance. It was a thrilling experience and a real eye opener.

The issue was that the admin job I was doing, which largely consisted of minute taking, was just too boring. I was over qualified and over experienced for the role, and unfortunately, I found that there wasn't adequate advancement opportunities (for admin/support staff) at a quick enough rate for me.
Pros
People, location, part time working.
Cons
Lack of career opportunities/advancement.
One big mistake
Health advisor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester15 April 2019
I had such high hope for this job. I left a job I loved for increase pay and to build a good Career for myself BIG BIG MISTAKE......it has been sole destroying...The way some managers speak to you is absolutely appaulling.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No one every smiles !! No support what soever