North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust Employee Review

View all North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust reviews

One big mistake
Health advisor (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester15 April 2019
I had such high hope for this job. I left a job I loved for increase pay and to build a good Career for myself BIG BIG MISTAKE......it has been sole destroying...The way some managers speak to you is absolutely appaulling.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No one every smiles !! No support what soever

Other North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Lovely people
Corporate Governance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester28 April 2019
Lovely people and a beautiful head office. I had the opportunity to spend the day in an ambulance. It was a thrilling experience and a real eye opener.

The issue was that the admin job I was doing, which largely consisted of minute taking, was just too boring. I was over qualified and over experienced for the role, and unfortunately, I found that there wasn't adequate advancement opportunities (for admin/support staff) at a quick enough rate for me.
Pros
People, location, part time working.
Cons
Lack of career opportunities/advancement.
HORRIFIC organisation to work for - AVOID! !!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lancashire8 January 2019
Life changing organisation to work for! If you want to feel undervalued and worthless then please go ahead and take my job! Right hand doesn't know what left is doing, no continuity and not in touch with the real world.
NWAS has completely destroyed me as a person , Ican not be an individual here. ABSOLUTELY SOUL DESTROYING place to work, 10 people resigned in my role whilst I was in the first two weeks of training. Staff are constantly leaving thier desks in tears.
If you are a robot and can't think for yourself - and dont mind beind demoralised daily -apply. But if you have a brain, life experiences, logic, empathy and intelligence AVOID at all costs. NWAS doesn't help people it hinders and destroys them. No wonder the NHS is in such a mess when often NWAS is the starting point.

The retention of staff is none existent.
Pros
Nice location and met some nice people
Cons
Everything - managers cant manage, robot's needed! Not what you need as a member of the public!