North Wales Police Employee Reviews

Forever changing work environment, no two days are the same.
Police Community Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Llanrwst8 October 2019
Having a briefing at the start of the shift, getting information about what has occurred in the last 24 hrs. Dealing with incidents involving members of the public such as crime or road traffic incidents. Learnt how to communicate with adults and children. Manage workload in a team environment. Hardest part of job dealing with stress and most enjoyable is helping the public
Great Management
Special Constable (Former Employee) –  Llandudno24 July 2019
Great management throughout North Wales Police. Friendly staff and also very helpful. Learnt a lot of new skills as a special constable which I will have for the rest of my life.
Nwp
Admin temp (Former Employee) –  Conwy, Conwy11 September 2018
Ok if youre a police officer but not that great for police staff especially if youre female; youre on the lowest step. Police officers dont have the people managment skills unlike my previous job where managers were very good. Officers have perks and a career path , police staff dont so dont expect to go up unless you have a friend higher up to help you. there are some nice hard working people and there are some arrogant bullying types.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Attitudes
Wasteful of public money
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colwyn Bay13 August 2018
Working on a temporary contract to cover maternity leave for 6 months.
Historical processes were in built within the administration aspect of the Police. Temps are employed for no reason as I myself had very little work to do each day and could have easily encompassed the temp workload saving thousands per year.
Some long term staff members (at supervisory level) had not moveed with the times and hand wrote "memos" which they then passed to someone else to type into an email to send out on their behalf
This money would have been better spent on actual policing.
This job was through an Agency and was eventuallu put on staff, which meant we had to work nightshifts
Swich Board Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Asaph9 September 2017
Very stressfull, but most enjoyable. Helping people was a very enjoyable experience, but I did have a lot of time wasters.. Some members of the public would ring 101 for the least thing and would expect the police to do things that they had no time or inclination to do.
Pros
Slightly unsocial hours
Cons
Good Pension Scheme
A roller-coaster of a job
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon, Gwynedd5 June 2017
An enjoyable job ,but very busy and working with minimum staffing.

You would never know what job would come in next from a sudden death to a Road Traffic Collision and would have to work in all kinds of weather.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours and shifts
Great Force
Volunteer Forensic Researcher (Former Employee) –  St. Asaph, Denbighshire24 April 2017
I was a volunteer at North Wales Police during 2016 and they always showed a really good work ethic and the friendliness of the teams were second to none.
N/a
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Colwyn Bay, Conwy31 January 2017
North Wales Police is a fun and exciting organisation to work for. NWP is an organisation that provides a wide range of opportunities for all.
Top class colleagues.
PCSO (Current Employee) –  North Wales19 September 2016
Not much advancement from certain roles or support from persons in charge. However the flexibility with shifts and holiday allowance is fantastic but not good if you want to advance within the police from a PCSO role.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
No career advancement.
Excellent employers.
Police Constable (Former Employee) –  Caernarfon ( Western Area of the Force)31 May 2016
A great organisation to work for; Made Fantastic friends and learnt a lot about Public Confidence; Trust; and service delivery.
Pros
Teamwork; security; varied work on a daily basis
Cons
Varied shifts
Excellent career
Police Sergeant / Detective (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, WLS20 January 2016
Excellent Career, very challenging, highly rewarding, I would very much recommend a career in the Police.
Each day is different, with many testing situations encountered.
Cons
Forward thinking professional organisation.
RETIRED DETECTIVE SERGEANT (Former Employee) –  Wrexham22 October 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day in the Police Force. Anything can happen at any time. During my 27+ years I learned many skills, but my areas of expertise are communications, interviewing, investigating and supervising. Team work is so important, and I am pleased to say that my co-workers were extremely good and supportive. The hardest part of the job I found was delivering 'death messages' and the most enjoyable was providing a premier service to the public.
Pros
Excellent working enviroment
Cons
Occasionally long hours
Essential advice and service delivery to members of the public
Community Safety Partnership Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Asaph, Denbighshire15 September 2014
Essential advice and service delivery to members of the public
Pros
Team culture
Cons
No staff bonus or rewards
Not for me
Admin (Current Employee) –  St. Asaph, WLS16 July 2013
I have experienced bullying at most of my roles at North Wale Police. I would not recommend them as an employer.
Pros
Good salary for North wales
Cons
Bullying culture, poor management, no support from HR dept.