North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham8 August 2018
As all wards from hospital , my ward has it own routine. We have medication rounds, getting patients ready for day or for theatre(pre op care), administering of anitibiotics, changing of dressings, admitting and discharging patients.
Throught the time since i have started working on my ward i have developed and improved my skills. Looking after patients with different health problems, looking after patients post op.
The most enjoyable part of job is when i see my patients discharged well and healthy, sometimes i have met them walking on street and recognizing me.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Short break
i enjoyed working here
Audio Typist (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees6 August 2018
I really enjoyed working here and for the orthopaedics department, all were very friendly and supportive. I got on well and didn't feel under pressure.
NHS great pension
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees19 July 2018
Great place to work if you find the right department.
Hardest part of the job is shift work which some people like, but I did not want to do nights any more.
Pros
Great pension
Cons
Night hsift
Fun and exciting workplace
Videographer & Editor (Former Employee) –  Stockton-On-Tees18 July 2018
I worked with the communications team to create a health and safety video. The team were all upbeat, open to ideas, and easy going. We bounced ideas off each other to try make the best video we could.
Pros
hands on experience
Nice environment to work in.
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees14 May 2018
This role was very well supported and you completed packs before you left to you’re own work load.
This allowed you to feel comfortable and supported.
Pros
Well supported.
Cons
Too many different start times and finish times.
fun workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham30 March 2018
I have learned Endoscopy skills, and managerial skills leading the endoscopy procedure room, it is nice because you can do various jobs as admission, discharge, recovery, leading the procedure rooms, a good time flying job.
Never a dull moment
Nurse Bank Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Stockton Cleveland26 February 2018
Ringing RN an HCA to come in for shifts

Making sure all wards are covered with staff

The hardest part of this job is trying to cover the wards in the winter when quite a lot of staff are off sick
Pros
Flu jab in my dinner time
Cons
Worked Saturdays when required
Good
Senior House Officer (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees19 November 2017
Good but busy job. Supportive colleagues with good team spirit. Shift patterns could often lead to long hours of work. Great exposure to gain clinical experience.
Stressful environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool11 November 2017
Far too much pressure put on staff , not enough time to give a good service to patients, also management changes to job occur daily without prior notice to staff
Pros
Cons
No work lifestyle balance
Fab ward to work on
Health Care Assistant medcine (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool6 November 2017
Loved working on the ward in which I worked on but not long after starting my position I became pregnant. Staff were great but I experienced complications which resulted in alot of sick time. Returned after maternity but shift patterns didn't work with a baby
health care assistant
hca (Former Employee) –  university of north tees hospital6 July 2017
working with patients, helping them with day to day duties, feeding them if they needed support.
making beds, taking obs, temps, resps, taking them to appointments within the hospital.

i learned how to approach people and save lives,

hardest part was telling relatives about decest patients

knowing that you are helping people back to recovery
Pros
qualifacations
Not a bad place to work
Booking Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stockton-On-Tees26 June 2017
Would be a lot better place to work if it was managed better and the pay was better. I am a band 2 booking clerk, the same pay band as porters and some catering staff, it takes 7 years to get from the bottom of a band to the top which is an extremely long time, which means I am doing same job as my colleagues for less pay!
Organised workplace
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham5 April 2017
Organised and professional trust that have provided me with valuable trading and experience, friendly staff. Care focuses on putting the patient first and providing them with the best possible experience.
Pros
Training
Cons
Car park facilities
working with blood
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-On-Tees2 March 2017
Labelling and sending samples to the correct labs and giving out results to doctors over the phone. Confidentially and eye to detail is needed. Friendly team.
Amazing place to work
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham28 February 2017
North tees and hartlepool nhs trust is a great place to work for, they have flexi hours great for people with children who struggle with childcare. The staff are great and so friendly, the hours are perfect and allow you to still have a social life.
Pros
Free shuttle bus to and from work
Cons
Not much opportunity to progress.
very rewarding job
Theatre Support Worker (Former Employee) –  general theatres22 November 2016
1. worked as a domestic assistant. working with the elderly loved helping with the care of the elderly. cleaning of the ward. polishing dusting. hoovering. helping with meals and cups of tea. 2, progressed into main theatres helping scrub nurses and surgeons positioning patients. passing over sterile equipment. taking patients notes trying to relieve there anxieties before there operations. helping with there recovery then taking them back to there wards.
Professional
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees15 September 2016
Very professional place to work.
It is a fantastic hospital and brilliant place to work.
Every staff member remains professional at all times.
health care
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, ENG23 September 2015
love being with my patients the team I work with are all hard working staff really enjoy working with them, we support each other every working day
Pros
i work within a great team
Cons
no cons
poor management
Superintendent Gardener (Former Employee) –  stockton4 August 2015
a good place to work, but manager was a bit over the top. In charge of gardeners but had no experience as he was a joiner by trade.
A fast and someone stressful working environment
Hospital Porter (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, ENG29 January 2015
There is no typical day at work in this hospital, each day is different regarding shifts, as they could be worked on different departments that require different duties from a porter.

I have learnt a lot in regards to providing excellent care for patients and also how stressful the NHS can be to work in.

Management only see you as cover for the next shift and don't really take into account that you have a life outside of work. Albeit they have worked with me in ensuring I get the days off that I require for personal appointments most of the time.

My co-workers try to make everyday matter but can find as difficult as I can with what management expect of us and what our own capabilities are. There is a high sense of negativity within the portering services due to this.

Keeping up with the demand of the role and the ever changing shift pattern that doesn't give much room to plan a life around, quick returns are also extremely taxing due to coming back to work 8 hours after finishing a prior shift. Sadly the more veteran porters agreed to these shifts and it now seems to be expected of everyone.

I would have to say for me at this point in time is when I get to go home and forget about the place.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No fixed shift pattern, changes weekly