North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
I loved working at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Trust, and really enjoyed the culture here.
The staff are very supportive and welcoming and are progression options.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary
It's a call centre and very stressful, no support is offered and the management only look after themselves they can't help much as they never do the job! Very clicky place the staff are always looking for jobs and the staff turnover is high.
Pros
Cons
Shift patterns, no support, worked beyond your limits
I have worked at the single point of access for a few years now, the work is varied and interesting, training can be intense ! but the whole team is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Interesting work, friendly place to work
Cons
Shift pattern, but knew when i applied it was shifts
staff are horrid. and bully and intimidate you. change your router without asking you and talk about you when you turn your back.
horrible place to work
I worked as a casual through an agency at the University Hospital of Hartlepool for 3 months. I worked as an administrator and dealt with medical records, sending out letters etc. It was a unique place to work for in the fact we had no manager.

The manager herself worked over at North Tees Hospital but she never checked in on us or visited Hartlepool.The working environment was very slow paced, you almost felt like you had to go slower so you could drag the work out. Everyone seemed to get along and be civil with each other except for one person who was a bit precious.

The first couple of weeks were very disorganised. The workers were not told a temp was coming and were not expecting me. For the first 2-3 weeks I had no I.D Badge and no computer access so I was given letters to fold and mail out by hand.

In the last week, there was hardly any work for me left so I was sent down to medical records to file old letters. Most of the old letters had no file to go with so I put them in the confidential waste bin.

On my last day of work there, I was interrogated by one of the workers (Who wasn't from my department) as to where the letters were as she did not believe I had filed all of the letters, I told her I had put the ones that had no file left in the confidential bin. She marched with me down to medical records and made me point out my error (Which humiliated me in front of everyone). I was then sent home, 30 minutes later. The worker in question openly admitted she did not like me and said it was because I did not do something for her weeks prior (Which
 - more...
I have worked here now as a domestic for almost 4 years. I can honestly say working here is brilliant I really do love my job. My supervisors have been very understanding when my son was poorly. I really would recommend anyone to work here its fab!
Although a secure job manning levels and pay is quite poor. The working environment is good but really fast paced. Most of the work is repetitive and not very satisfying. Staff are friendly and team members work well together.
After working in the single point my whole experience working there was an absolute nightmare from start to finish.
The management team are extremely unprofessional and there is no support for staff Amat all. There is no confidentiality with the manager and she talks behind everyone’s back.
NHS Teaching Hospital

Poor salary and benefits

Good flexibility if you need any time off for any reason

Poor progression opportunities

Poorly ran by management
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Progression opportunities poor
When working within the NHS I understood how demanding it can be, even as a care assistant. Although it can be hard and sometimes repetitive it is a very rewarding job, making a difference to the patients just by having a conversation with a friendly face when they are on their own. All staff work extremely hard to see and help as many patients as they can while providing the best care for each one. I enjoyed having the opportunity at being a part of a large team of staff and helping with common duties household duties such as bed making, laundry and food rounds.
I was here as a pharmacy student on a one day work placement. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and I gained a lot of knowledge about working as a a pharmacist in a clinical environment. I learned about key communication skills in talking to patients especially patients who may be confused. I also saw how the pharmacy runs and all the different roles that need to be filled. The hardest part of my day was a patient got very confused and started to get physically aggressive with the staff and needed to be sedated. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to patients and get to know more about them and their experiences as well as talk to the pharmacists and doctors and nurses.
A nice, friendly place to work. Most staff very helpful and make the hospital a good place to work. I have learned a lot and have worked in two different departments.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Not always enough staff present
As all wards from hospital , my ward has it own routine. We have medication rounds, getting patients ready for day or for theatre(pre op care), administering of anitibiotics, changing of dressings, admitting and discharging patients.
Throught the time since i have started working on my ward i have developed and improved my skills. Looking after patients with different health problems, looking after patients post op.

The most enjoyable part of job is when i see my patients discharged well and healthy, sometimes i have met them walking on street and recognizing me.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Short break
I really enjoyed working here and for the orthopaedics department, all were very friendly and supportive. I got on well and didn't feel under pressure.
Great place to work if you find the right department.
Hardest part of the job is shift work which some people like, but I did not want to do nights any more.
Pros
Great pension
Cons
Night hsift
I worked with the communications team to create a health and safety video. The team were all upbeat, open to ideas, and easy going. We bounced ideas off each other to try make the best video we could.
Pros
hands on experience
This role was very well supported and you completed packs before you left to you’re own work load.
This allowed you to feel comfortable and supported.
Pros
Well supported.
Cons
Too many different start times and finish times.
I have learned Endoscopy skills, and managerial skills leading the endoscopy procedure room, it is nice because you can do various jobs as admission, discharge, recovery, leading the procedure rooms, a good time flying job.
Ringing RN an HCA to come in for shifts

Making sure all wards are covered with staff

The hardest part of this job is trying to cover the wards in the winter when quite a lot of staff are off sick
Pros
Flu jab in my dinner time
Cons
Worked Saturdays when required
Good but busy job. Supportive colleagues with good team spirit. Shift patterns could often lead to long hours of work. Great exposure to gain clinical experience.
Far too much pressure put on staff , not enough time to give a good service to patients, also management changes to job occur daily without prior notice to staff
Pros
Cons
No work lifestyle balance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location