North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust

North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews
Love working at NSCHT. Yes it can be stressful and hardworking and things need to be done now but it’s the challenges that I love. Love everyone I work with, everyone is always helpful and there’s never a day we don’t laugh with each other. There has been a lot of changes recently but all great changes and the Trust is getting better and better each day
Forward thinking organisation, supportive of professional development.
Leading the way with mental heAlth provision and development of place based care
Local staff working in local areas with local knowledge and a wealth of knowledge and experience
Updates on education and training are good.

There are new ways of working being instructed. The one large team is split into two - psychosis and non-psychosis teams. The transitions to these new teams resulted in down graded and discouragement of staff who are highly trained and experienced. Staff have been down graded from band 7 to bands 5 and expected to do the same level of work for a lot less cash. This is now settling but some staff are dissatisfied.

Staff support each other by remembering birthdays, have meals together and going out socially
Pros
Great team, good area to work, accessible consultants, support staff are present
Cons
Management changes initially
A Very busy servicedesk, including 5 members of staff taking in excess of 250 calls from service users per day.
Working in IT, there were lots of changes on a weekly basis as and when required, so we had to learn to adapt to changes in procedures at short notice, always with the support of Management.

We had to work well as a team to communicate any known issues, to keep the servicedesk running smoothly.
Pros
holidays
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5