North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust

North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
Hard working staff, management not so good
Each day was busy and hard work but I felt a sense of achievement in helping staff and patients gain what they needed. I learned how to adapt, to recognise what was a priority and also how to help manage the staff around me, even though it wasn't my to carry out.
The management was universal in being too overbearing and tied up with burocracy.

The hardest part of my job was the travelling to it which took 4 hours + both there and back and this was the main reason I left the organisation.

The enjoyale parts was the interaction and helping of others.
Prouctive, good team and fun work place
Having worked in a NHS hospital environment it was very challenging however fun and good experience working in adult, geriatrics, paediatrics and winter ward.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
part time spread over 5 days
Happy and look forward for the weekend
Always welcoming staff, visitors and patients with a big smile and ready to help. I've learned how to cope under pressure and dealing with deadlines. Using different software. Being more assertive and confident. I am also able to speak to anyone and any level. I manage my time at work in order to make most of the tasks done. The hardest part is when my colleagues procrastinate with their work and I have to wait for their part to be done in order to finish a task. The most enjoyable part is when I help patients to find their way.
Disappointed as had high hopes!
I had high hopes joining the North Mid, having been attracted by an opportunity to make a difference in a failing Trust. Sadly, even if you’re determined to model the behaviours you want to see in others (and see at other NHS Trusts) you may end up frustrated and disillusioned. Successful efforts to improve patient journeys may be thwarted by system flaws and resistance to change.
Pros
Friendly warm staff
Cons
Lack of budget, lack of support to make changes, lack of autonomy over service development
Fun place to be around people
I had a really good experience with working with the elderly people as my job role was to get to know them and comfort them. I learned a lot from them as they gave me insight and advice about life, how they would spend their days in the olden times etc. I gained confidence in my communication skills! Overall the management was good and organised. The work culture was fun too as I got to meet so many lovely staffs who would help and teach me new skills. The hardest part of the job was handling patients who have dementia as you would have to be careful how to speak with them and not making them confused.
Neutral
This is an extremely busy Hospital that does its best to look after thousands of patients but not
enough staff. The workload has often been very demanding and this has lead to staff going off sick due to work related stress.
fun
Great place to volunteer especially if you want to build on your medical experience when wanting to study bio medicine or medicine. Application process is so long
Productive and excellent learning opportunities.
- Good management culture
- Competent driven seniors

- Excellent collaboration between management and clinicians

- Excellent performer in current NHS climate
Pros
Good working relationships
Cons
Occasional Long hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust?
A good place to work for
Overall it is a pleasant and safe environment to work. The diversity of cultures makes it a really enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
too far from where I live and commuting from and to my home
Busy oncology department
Working for four clinical oncologist and therefore a very busy and demanding job. Dealing with referrals and appointments queries on a daily basis. Arranging urgent appointments, ensuring that all results are available for when patient attends clinic.
Working in oncology I am now familiar with chemotherapy drugs as well as the various tests that are requested to determine diagnosis and status of condition ie PET, DEXA scans, histology results.

Working with a multidisciplinary team was a pleasure as I was able to learn more about their role, thus I am familiar with the different clinical roles within this speciality.
A place to grow
Within the working environment one often get the opportunity to learn and grow as an employee. There is a diverse community of patients that comes through the doors and the exchange of professionals and patients can at times be very rewarding.

Like most hospitals there is scope for improvement and growth, therefore I count this trust as an positive enabler to the community and some staff alike.
Pros
job security
Challenging and interesting
I have expanded my knowledge and improve my skills which helped me to become competent and updated in my field.The atmosphere of work in amazing and the colleaques are helpful and professionals. The hardest part of the job is the large number of patients who should been seen and working in busy clinics needs high skills and patiennce, but the good news is that every patient has different history and clinical findings which make the work time is enjoyable and interesting.Looking for new findings in every patient makes me thinking and reading to improve my self and become updated in my career.
Pros
working in different sites.
Cons
short break during lunch time.
Working at the North Mid Hospital is very fast paced. I've learned how to work as a team and improved my organisational skills by far. My colleagues are very friendly and we always communicate in such a way that everyone understands what it is that is needed of them.
The hardest part of the job is working one on one with the directors and trying to understand their jargon. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the hospital being improved overtime and being able to say i was apart of that project.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
low pay