North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London28 September 2018
Great place to volunteer especially if you want to build on your medical experience when wanting to study bio medicine or medicine. Application process is so long
Productive and excellent learning opportunities.
DEPUTY FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London22 August 2016
- Good management culture
- Competent driven seniors
- Excellent collaboration between management and clinicians
- Excellent performer in current NHS climate
Pros
Good working relationships
Cons
Occasional Long hours
A good place to work for
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Current Employee) –  London, ENG13 December 2015
Overall it is a pleasant and safe environment to work. The diversity of cultures makes it a really enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
too far from where I live and commuting from and to my home
Busy oncology department
Medical Secretary - Oncology Department (Former Employee) –  London18 November 2015
Working for four clinical oncologist and therefore a very busy and demanding job. Dealing with referrals and appointments queries on a daily basis. Arranging urgent appointments, ensuring that all results are available for when patient attends clinic.
Working in oncology I am now familiar with chemotherapy drugs as well as the various tests that are requested to determine diagnosis and status of condition ie PET, DEXA scans, histology results.
Working with a multidisciplinary team was a pleasure as I was able to learn more about their role, thus I am familiar with the different clinical roles within this speciality.
A place to grow
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 February 2015
Within the working environment one often get the opportunity to learn and grow as an employee. There is a diverse community of patients that comes through the doors and the exchange of professionals and patients can at times be very rewarding.

Like most hospitals there is scope for improvement and growth, therefore I count this trust as an positive enabler to the community and some staff alike.
Pros
job security
Challenging and interesting
Slit-Lamp Examiner (Current Employee) –  London31 July 2014
I have expanded my knowledge and improve my skills which helped me to become competent and updated in my field.The atmosphere of work in amazing and the colleaques are helpful and professionals. The hardest part of the job is the large number of patients who should been seen and working in busy clinics needs high skills and patiennce, but the good news is that every patient has different history and clinical findings which make the work time is enjoyable and interesting.Looking for new findings in every patient makes me thinking and reading to improve my self and become updated in my career.
Pros
working in different sites.
Cons
short break during lunch time.
Business Trainee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton13 October 2012
Working at the North Mid Hospital is very fast paced. I've learned how to work as a team and improved my organisational skills by far. My colleagues are very friendly and we always communicate in such a way that everyone understands what it is that is needed of them.
The hardest part of the job is working one on one with the directors and trying to understand their jargon. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the hospital being improved overtime and being able to say i was apart of that project.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
low pay