North Lincolnshire Council Employee Reviews

unfavourable experience.
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe24 September 2019
Unfavourable experience. Hired during restructure but was not told. Generally unhappy with my experience at North Lincolnshire Council, I regret my decision to work for them for the second time, as my first time working for them, in a different department was no different.
Secure
SBGB Development Officer (Current Employee) –  North Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire19 March 2019
Structured, supportive, culturally diverse but with high expectations of all its staff.
Cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
Encourages staff to do lots of training
Pros
structured
Cons
Excellent place to work. Well supported by Mangaers and staff.
Childrens services (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe31 December 2018
I worked with the council for 19 years and was fully supported in all aspects of employment. Friendly happy staff and managers. Opportunities to develop and learn in other arears.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Civic Centre, Scunthorpe30 May 2018
I love working for North Lincolnshire Council. I have been supported to gain qualifications and progress. Flexible and agile working is supported which enables a good work/life balance. Extremely busy, which is the norm, but I have never been able to say im bored and the time flies by. I value my colleagues and enjoy going to work.
Pros
Positive work environment, good management
Cons
Political processes can feel restrictive
Productive and they’re good
Animal Care (Former Employee) –  Moore24 May 2018
I think that the north Lincolnshire council is a really good place to work and I would love to work there, I have heard very good reviews about them today.
Pros
Free lunches
Endemic senior management bully culture in Adult Social care
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Adults9 April 2018
Worked here in a management position and left due to the culture at a senior level. All adults senior manegment have got each other’s backs, unqualified and make bad decisions that the workers have to deal with. Anyone who is successful in getting a position in a manament very quickly leaves due to bullying, cover ups and lack of experience of the whole management layer. Need to clear the decks completely at management level for decent workers to survive !
Pros
Local to where I live
Cons
In it together bullying management culture
Bullying culture
Learning Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe9 March 2018
You can work hard. Do a really good job but still management and HR turn a blind eye to bullying.
Job reviews taking place are rewarding managers who keep quiet and don't rock the boat. Good managers and staff leave due to frustration.
Pros
Specific job interesting
Cons
Poor management
Hard to say
Employee (Current Employee) –  North Lincolnshire20 February 2018
Difficulty about leaving a review about this whole company is i only worked for a section. a section that the rest of the council doesn't really have much to do with. A typical day at work means coming in to some sarcastic comments and general slating from management then out in all weather for 8 hours on your own with half hour break for lunch before returning to find no management in sight. Pay is terrible for what you have to deal with from disgruntled 'customers' other colleagues are a good laugh and make the job somewhat bearable.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
terrible management, feel not cared for
Fun Work place
Facilities/Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire3 February 2018
Great collegues who all work as one, great sence of acheivement with lot of oppertunities to give something back. I really enjoyed working for North Lincs Council
Pros
local and very rewarding
Cons
Little chance for any advancement
Changeable
Senior Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Commuity18 January 2018
I worked within the community doing rehab and disablement with elderly and hospital discharge patients.
Also I worked in a residential unit with respite facilities.
I learnt a lot about the service in general and the different areas to which social services contribute.
Management were approachable and would assist where needed.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with ever changing rules and regulations,most enjoyable making a difference.
Pros
Good working conditions
A good employer
Apprentice Chef (Current Employee) –  Scunrhorpe9 January 2018
They have provided a good amount of time for me to be able to complete my college studies as I have Fridays off work to do this. The work has been varied and I have learnt a lot about working in a full kitchen environment. The salary is only 1st year apprenticeship wage so £3.40 per hour.
I have been placed on the redeployment list but a lot of jobs are casual, 10 to 16 hrs per week.
I am completing my qualification early as I was given 18 months to complete and I am now on the last unit expecting to complete by end of January.
Pros
Includes a meal, is local so easy to get to and a good learning platform
Cons
No permanent job offer available at the end of my apprenticeship
fun and busy day
Ad-hock Polling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 November 2017
Working as a poll clerk in a polling station on voting days. I enjoyed the long day and meeting and greeting new people, while working with great colleagues.
Cons
An experience not to be repeated
Fleet Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire6 October 2017
Kept in isolation in a porta cabin ,once only saw my manager for 20 minutes in 3 whole weeks. The cabin even had bars on the windows. The job did not progress in over two years, in fact it went backwards, with less to do after two years than there had been initialy.
Pros
good hours
Cons
No managment back up
Had to move on.
Teaching Assistant SEN (Former Employee) –  Brumby Junior School2 September 2017
A good , stable organisation to work for. I have worked here for 17 years within education. I gained valuable work experience in different environments and across different key stages. I was able to go on training and do courses. The staff I worked with daily were all very friendly and we worked well as a team. I will miss them the most. It is a shame that cuts were made to support staff within this school and it will leave vulnerable and less able students with little or no support reducing their potential to succeed.
Productive workplace
Children in care council advisor (Former Employee) –  Brigg, Lincolnshire21 August 2017
The work place was very good and relaxed. The job was amazing and working so closely with people was amazing. ALWAYS a different challenge to endure every day
Pros
My team
public sector
Mechanic Technician and Cover Manager (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe19 August 2017
This work place is like a lot of other public sector organisations, the management is poor and the staff are under motivated and under appreciated. The public sector is going through a difficult period with budget cuts and this contributes to the way in which they treat their staff, rather than discipline the staff they change things in the working day in order to frustrate their staff in order for them to leave. This allows them to remove senior members of staff and down grade jobs to save money.
Pros
Cons
bad managment
Cant really comment
detergents and vacuum cleaner (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 June 2017
Due to allergy I was unable to continue with this role. I was there for a short period of time. When in role it was with reduced level of induction training.
Happy workforce
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bottesford infant school5 June 2017
Enjoyed working for them learnt a lot on the job kept informed put me through nvq in cleaning learnt about cross contamination kept a good clean hygienic site.
Pros
Liked the split hours
Cons
Overworked
Contract work
Architectural Design Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire14 May 2017
I spent two years on contract working as an Architectural Technologist, using CAD and visiting site, discussing the brief with clients and ensuring the work was completed on time and to a good quality.
Pros
Cons
Only contract work
It was a very unsettled period whilst I worked for the council, due to funding.
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Local Link13 May 2017
Training was good and informative. Job security was unstable and job structure was constantly changing. This is is unsettling for everyone. Management were supportive. I loved my job role and was sad to leave but needed a more secure area of work. I moved to the contact Centre within the council; through the redeployment sceam. I did not enjoy the contact centre, this is very fast moving department with targets to meet performance reviews. It was a very stressful pressured environment, moral was very low. I did not feel supported in this role by management. My post was made redundant in 2015.
Pros
Learnt lots of new skills
Cons
Uncertain future