North Bristol NHS Trust

North Bristol NHS Trust Management reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews
North Bristol Trust is a pleasant place to work in terms of your colleagues and the environment.
However, it has several tiers of management whose main jobs appear to be creating as much confusion as possible.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Management have no care whatsoever for patients. Thank goodness for doctors and nurses. The Trust is Well known as having a 'management bullying culture'.
Middle management regularly upgraded on pay scale yet job specification unchanged.

High sickness rates of clerical and junior staff, with stress, anxiety related issues
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Extremely poor management
Unfortunately during the past 4 years of working within the Brunel Building, I have learnt how poor the communication between the employees and management truly is. And this is a major issue particularly on the wards, so many frustrated staff who are willing to talk about their problems but never anyone to talk to who they feel they can trust and is willing to do anything about it to help change the circumstances (which most of the complaints I’ve heard are fixable) Management do not make time to get to know their employees and team which is a BIG problem, not enough praise towards the staff, continuous amounts of pressure instead. Really big shame because there is soo much potential in a lot of my colleagues and their lights are fading fast.

Expect to walk around 20,000+ steps per day.

Unmotivated colleagues.

Flexible hours if willing to work long shifts.

Endless amounts of pressure.

Expected to take on more than your role due to constant short staffing.

Too many management, too many different rules.

A lot of staff gossip and school like behaviour.

Great weekend, bank holiday and night shift rate.

Discounts on various restaurants.
Pros
Shifts are flexible, Opportunities to rotate around the hospital in various roles
Cons
Poor management, lack of common sense, lack of everyday equipment, a lot of walking
This was a part time locum post so it can not be compared with career grade post.

Management is struggling with NHS funding but staff are valued. New hospital. Great colleagues.
Cons
Typically a great place to work with the possibility of career progression. good management structure with good support chain.
a pro active place to work which is patient and relative focused.

encourages healthy lifestyle
Like working on the buses as you got to meet lots of different people every day. You had to have a lot of patients due to traffic jams around the town. There was a very good working relationship with the staff and management it was like a family which was the most enjoyable part. the hardest was putting up with the traffic.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
split shifts
Overall North Bristol NHS Trust provide good service. However, management need to work on use of resources, staff management, consultation, and meeting
Daily I prepare clinic notes and information packs for upcoming clinics. I meet and greet patients as they arrive for appointments and ensure they fill in the correct paperwork before seeing a nurse or consultant.
For the administration side I ensure we have the medical records for each patient due to arrive, then trace them on the internal NBT system to us or to wherever they need to go after the clinic has finished, and make sure they are sent to the correct location. I also answer calls from both patients and staff to answer any questions, and make calls to other hospitals to request notes of obtain information requested by the medical staff about a patient.

I have learnt how to work well and efficiently under pressure and how to prioritise my workload.

Management is very good, with strong communication between the different bands.
My co-workers are extremely helpful, friendly and we all work well within a team, helping each other wherever we can.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult patients, but with understanding, patience and kindness, difficult situations are usually quickly resolved. The most enjoyable part is being within the team, as there is a good dynamic and everyone gets on well.
Pros
Great team to work in. Can work in a new, modern hospital with many resources and amenities.
Cons
No parking for those without a permit, very short lunch break considering long hours.
Hard work,long hours,poor management at times. Great work colleagues.Job satisfaction-sometimes. Lack of visible appreciation from senior management
Pros
Personal job satisfaction after difficult shift
Cons
Long hours, poor design of hospital
People continue to leave due to management in the department being unable to organise staff and rotas constantly. People are promised progression and it is never seen. The staff that leave are a real loss to the hospital as they do a really good job. if the management could sort out their issues they would keep a really good team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at North Bristol NHS Trust?
I had a very bitter experience working for North Bristol NHS Trust. I had to leave this company because I was un valued and isolated by so-called colleagues. Not a good place to work for me! Also management was very poor and incompetent.
Cons
Long hours, repetitive works, inadequate training, poor work culture
Worked autonomously - managing own workload + prioritise
Daily proactive auditing on surgical site surveillance,entering data on natiponal website,reconcilling data,disseminating and presenting reports to medical and nursing staff of all managerial levels - Directorate and Trustwide.

Project management - supporting,supervising +undertaking nursing and medical audits in line with Trusts policies and procedures.Analysis of results and report writing.
Directorate lead for patient information lead - ensuring patient information is current and evidence based.

working + communicating with orthopaedic consultants (hardest part of the job)and their teams,nurse /department managers,clinical staff and clinical audit department - ensuring the audit process is adhered to.

Overall job satisfaction is when clinical/nursing practice is changed due to the results of an audit that been involved .

Auditing a means of service improvement and ensuring high standards of client care can be monitored and maintained - a learning process.
Pros
varied projects - each day can be different
Cons
Presenting at Trust meetings