North Bristol NHS Trust

North Bristol NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews
I worked as a psychology placement student in the Head Injury Therapy Unit in Frenchay. The team were lovely, all very supportive and easy to talk to.

I was not paid a wage for my time there, it was entirely voluntary. I didn't drive to commute but I don't believe they would have covered any work-related driving costs had I done so, as I was a placement student.

The team were creative in coming up with new activities for patients to take part in, such as gardening in the ecotherapy garden. There were frequently shared lunches with the team which was a nice opportunity to catch up and try one another's cooking. We did a couple of activities together such as bowling and trialling an ecotherapy session with an external establishment. These were great fun.

I would recommend working there.
Nei reparti amministrativi, si può trovare un ambiente di lavoro tranquillo, ma attivo, nel quale è semplice organizzare il carico di lavoro secondo i propri ritmi pur rispettando le scadenze assegnate.
Will get involved in a variety of work situations
Knowledgeable people who are generally easy to work with

Good work-life balance

Very dedicated people
I worked in North Bristol NHS trust from 2003. This trust has taken an active role in my personal and professional development. I have started in NBT as a band 5 Theatre Practitioner and with the support and encouragement of line managers and senior managers I have made my way up to a Band 7 Clinical co ordinator. During my period in NBT i have gained clinical and managerial experience. If I get a chance to work for the trust again I will happily accept the role.
Enjoyed my time working with NBT. I was part of CCHP who transferred over to Bristol Community Health. Prior to this my time with NBT was thoroughly enjoyable.
The hospital was very interesting, a lot of thought, effort and care has been put into it so that patients receive the best care possible. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful
Management have no care whatsoever for patients. Thank goodness for doctors and nurses. The Trust is Well known as having a 'management bullying culture'.
Middle management regularly upgraded on pay scale yet job specification unchanged.

High sickness rates of clerical and junior staff, with stress, anxiety related issues
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Extremely poor management
As it is a bank role i.e 0 hours contract, there is no job security and work can be very hit and miss. Luckily I found a full time role for the length of time I needed it so this was not an issue.
Pros
reasonable hourly rate
Cons
unpaid break
Unfortunately during the past 4 years of working within the Brunel Building, I have learnt how poor the communication between the employees and management truly is. And this is a major issue particularly on the wards, so many frustrated staff who are willing to talk about their problems but never anyone to talk to who they feel they can trust and is willing to do anything about it to help change the circumstances (which most of the complaints I’ve heard are fixable) Management do not make time to get to know their employees and team which is a BIG problem, not enough praise towards the staff, continuous amounts of pressure instead. Really big shame because there is soo much potential in a lot of my colleagues and their lights are fading fast.

Expect to walk around 20,000+ steps per day.

Unmotivated colleagues.

Flexible hours if willing to work long shifts.

Endless amounts of pressure.

Expected to take on more than your role due to constant short staffing.

Too many management, too many different rules.

A lot of staff gossip and school like behaviour.

Great weekend, bank holiday and night shift rate.

Discounts on various restaurants.
Pros
Shifts are flexible, Opportunities to rotate around the hospital in various roles
Cons
Poor management, lack of common sense, lack of everyday equipment, a lot of walking
I can kindly recommend North Bristol NHS Trust for people who wants to develop skills in healthcare. The hardest part of that job is constant pressure
Pleasant environment and great place to work. Friendly staff a variety of tasks involved. Flexible shift patterns. Regular training courses to keep all qualifications up to date.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Lots of walking.
Enorme re-structuration de deux hopitaux,en ville.
Pros
tres belle hopital
Cons
les distances de part endroit de hopital, trop loin
Very supportive team and lots of good staff benefits a rewarding job which involves everyone helping each other out good pay and generous holiday good working hours
Worked here for a few years both under a fixed contract and then later as bank staff. Fixed contact was fixed pay,never finished ontime, couldn't claim overtime. Bank, flexible but most staff on wards treated bank staff terrible.
Pros
Night pay and weekend pay
Cons
Hours and treatment by some other staff
This was a part time locum post so it can not be compared with career grade post.

Management is struggling with NHS funding but staff are valued. New hospital. Great colleagues.
Cons
I loved my time working for North Bristol NHS Trust. I found the team I worked for to be hardworking, friendly and all with the same end goal to provide the best care for our patients.
North Bristol Trust is a pleasant place to work in terms of your colleagues and the environment.
However, it has several tiers of management whose main jobs appear to be creating as much confusion as possible.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Nice place to work if you have the information you need. I have managed to understand quite a lot asking, looking and try to understand how the system might work. The hardest part of my job is to do other people's job. The most enjoyable part is that my working hours are flexible. I normally start at a specific time every morning, some days i have to stay a bit later to finish what i have to do. There are some days that i can leave earlier.
Starting as an apprentice working in a variety of departments to develop a good understanding of the working infrastructure of the hospital while gaining valuable on the job training to assist in securing a permanent role after training.
Typically a great place to work with the possibility of career progression. good management structure with good support chain.
a pro active place to work which is patient and relative focused.

encourages healthy lifestyle
The last few years have been very challenging due to the building of the new hospital and all the relocation of staff, new computer services and car parking problems that have resulted from that