North Bristol NHS Trust Employee Reviews

A stressful place to work
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bristol10 July 2019
Management have no care whatsoever for patients. Thank goodness for doctors and nurses. The Trust is Well known as having a 'management bullying culture'.
Middle management regularly upgraded on pay scale yet job specification unchanged.
High sickness rates of clerical and junior staff, with stress, anxiety related issues
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Extremely poor management
ok
BANK ADMIN & CLERICAL - NBT (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol13 June 2019
As it is a bank role i.e 0 hours contract, there is no job security and work can be very hit and miss. Luckily I found a full time role for the length of time I needed it so this was not an issue.
Pros
reasonable hourly rate
Cons
unpaid break
Poor Communication & Poor Ward Management
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Southmead, Bristol14 May 2019
Unfortunately during the past 4 years of working within the Brunel Building, I have learnt how poor the communication between the employees and management truly is. And this is a major issue particularly on the wards, so many frustrated staff who are willing to talk about their problems but never anyone to talk to who they feel they can trust and is willing to do anything about it to help change the circumstances (which most of the complaints I’ve heard are fixable) Management do not make time to get to know their employees and team which is a BIG problem, not enough praise towards the staff, continuous amounts of pressure instead. Really big shame because there is soo much potential in a lot of my colleagues and their lights are fading fast.

Expect to walk around 20,000+ steps per day.
Unmotivated colleagues.
Flexible hours if willing to work long shifts.
Endless amounts of pressure.
Expected to take on more than your role due to constant short staffing.
Too many management, too many different rules.
A lot of staff gossip and school like behaviour.
Great weekend, bank holiday and night shift rate.
Discounts on various restaurants.
Pros
Shifts are flexible, Opportunities to rotate around the hospital in various roles
Cons
Poor management, lack of common sense, lack of everyday equipment, a lot of walking
Pleasant workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 December 2018
Pleasant environment and great place to work. Friendly staff a variety of tasks involved. Flexible shift patterns. Regular training courses to keep all qualifications up to date.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Lots of walking.
Brunel
Operating Department Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bristol uk6 June 2018
Enorme re-structuration de deux hopitaux,en ville.
Pros
tres belle hopital
Cons
les distances de part endroit de hopital, trop loin
good benefits
Appointments Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 January 2018
Very supportive team and lots of good staff benefits a rewarding job which involves everyone helping each other out good pay and generous holiday good working hours
A lot of work for not a lot of money
Maternity Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol12 December 2017
Worked here for a few years both under a fixed contract and then later as bank staff. Fixed contact was fixed pay,never finished ontime, couldn't claim overtime. Bank, flexible but most staff on wards treated bank staff terrible.
Pros
Night pay and weekend pay
Cons
Hours and treatment by some other staff
Great people. Usual NHS stresses
Locum Consultant in Anaesthesiology (Former Employee) –  Bristol20 November 2017
This was a part time locum post so it can not be compared with career grade post.

Management is struggling with NHS funding but staff are valued. New hospital. Great colleagues.
Great Trust to work for
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bristol31 October 2017
I loved my time working for North Bristol NHS Trust. I found the team I worked for to be hardworking, friendly and all with the same end goal to provide the best care for our patients.
Nice place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 October 2017
North Bristol Trust is a pleasant place to work in terms of your colleagues and the environment.
However, it has several tiers of management whose main jobs appear to be creating as much confusion as possible.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Lack of communication among employees
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southmead, Bristol20 September 2017
Nice place to work if you have the information you need. I have managed to understand quite a lot asking, looking and try to understand how the system might work. The hardest part of my job is to do other people's job. The most enjoyable part is that my working hours are flexible. I normally start at a specific time every morning, some days i have to stay a bit later to finish what i have to do. There are some days that i can leave earlier.
Apprenticeship to career
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Frenchay12 August 2017
Starting as an apprentice working in a variety of departments to develop a good understanding of the working infrastructure of the hospital while gaining valuable on the job training to assist in securing a permanent role after training.
Good workplace with good prospects
Decontamination Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 August 2017
Typically a great place to work with the possibility of career progression. good management structure with good support chain.
a pro active place to work which is patient and relative focused.
encourages healthy lifestyle
Challenging workplace
Clinical Coder (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 May 2017
The last few years have been very challenging due to the building of the new hospital and all the relocation of staff, new computer services and car parking problems that have resulted from that
great place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol7 May 2017
Like working on the buses as you got to meet lots of different people every day. You had to have a lot of patients due to traffic jams around the town. There was a very good working relationship with the staff and management it was like a family which was the most enjoyable part. the hardest was putting up with the traffic.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
split shifts
good service
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brunel18 April 2017
Overall North Bristol NHS Trust provide good service. However, management need to work on use of resources, staff management, consultation, and meeting
Great place to work to feel useful
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol23 January 2017
There are various departments/sections to work in, dependant on what you fancy. It is possible to move around departments to see which on would suit best.
Pros
Parking OK now
Cons
Long way to travel
Friendly place to work
Pre-op Assessment Ward Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol17 September 2016
Daily I prepare clinic notes and information packs for upcoming clinics. I meet and greet patients as they arrive for appointments and ensure they fill in the correct paperwork before seeing a nurse or consultant.
For the administration side I ensure we have the medical records for each patient due to arrive, then trace them on the internal NBT system to us or to wherever they need to go after the clinic has finished, and make sure they are sent to the correct location. I also answer calls from both patients and staff to answer any questions, and make calls to other hospitals to request notes of obtain information requested by the medical staff about a patient.
I have learnt how to work well and efficiently under pressure and how to prioritise my workload.
Management is very good, with strong communication between the different bands.
My co-workers are extremely helpful, friendly and we all work well within a team, helping each other wherever we can.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult patients, but with understanding, patience and kindness, difficult situations are usually quickly resolved. The most enjoyable part is being within the team, as there is a good dynamic and everyone gets on well.
Pros
Great team to work in. Can work in a new, modern hospital with many resources and amenities.
Cons
No parking for those without a permit, very short lunch break considering long hours.
great place to work and learn. and good fun with good work mates.
hospital chef. (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 August 2016
very productive and a great place to work and make lots of friends. a good way to use your skills of cooking. Atypical days work will start with cooking breakfast for 500 patients and 250 staff. we have a team of five chefs on an early shift and a team of three chefs on a late shift.after breakfast we would start prep for lunch for patients and staff. the bosses would come into the kitchen each meal time to ask if things were going ok. the hardest part of the job is getting everything done on time. the most enjoyable part is working with a great team of staff and having time for a laugh and a chat.
Pros
we get to try all the food that we cook.
Cons
the hours can be very long some days if a chef goes off sick.
fun place to work
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 August 2016
Overall an extremely nice place to work, lovely friendly staff who work extremely hard to support the NHS with little thanks.
Pros
Friendly environment, great group of people
Cons
Poor salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at North Bristol NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

North Bristol NHS Trust Reviews by Location