NORSE GROUP

NORSE GROUP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom107 reviews
Hard work to earn your money
Working in a school kitchen is very hot, hard work and you really earn your minimum wage, but there is a large amount of job satisfaction and you're able to obtain your Hygiene Certificate.
Management is a lot to be desired no one excepts responsibility and the company would rather believe the public than a valued member of staff. Your crb badge is at very high risk working for this company
Enjoy working here in a great team. Nice environment.
Great place place to work. Fully supported with training and development. Good management who care. The benefits could be better but the team make up for it.
Shocking place
Poor management two faced and would rather look for reasons to discipline you rather than compliment you no backbone and too many managers living in ivory towers
Norse cleaning
worked for this company! never again do not work for Norse you never get paid probably always excuse who fault it was . Mangers slagging the staff off and playing everyone off against each other no proper equipment to do the jobs properly no one ever answers the phones when you need them horrible place to work and horrible company to work for . If you want to work for free Norse is the place to go
Very productive
It was an experience working for Norse Commercial Services. But the company is strict about policies. If you slip up on one of them you can get disciplinary. Like all jobs, they don't condone drug use or alcohol use. And if you're on medication and they don't know about it then you will be asked to leave for review. Because they are strict with drugs
It’s okay
Great, it’s simple but hard work. The places may look small but for one person it’s hard work, I think the pay is to low. But it’s an overall good experience and job, the holidays are great! But I think they expect way to much from just 1 person.
Rubbish
Such a rubbish company to work for. Management put so much pressure on you and give you no time to complete tasks. They do not speak to you about any changes just expect you to accept it.
fast paced
For this job you have to have an adequate fitness level as it is very fast paced and demanding. It is a good company to work for as they make you feel included in all aspects.
Avoid
Disgusting culture: Narcissists, nepotism, nefarious,flagitious,profiteering, back-stabbing, bullying liars.
This is a management company first and foremost, other staff are disposable, collateral damage ,in the quest for profit
Pros
Weekends
Cons
High staff turnover, so quite easy to land a job if your desperate, poor pay and conditions make it easier still, short term roles are best if you can hack it.
productive work place
it was an ok job i was a cleaner but didnt always get enough regular hours and i also had a lot of problems concerning my wages these were always rectified the following month
Appalling Management and Culture
An atmosphere of deceit, bullying and distrust. The National Company seems to have a good reputation, but here the management used every opportunity to encourage staff to undermine each other in key positions and to deliver unsubstantiated forecasts that were not fit for any purpose other than fulfilling the aims perverse aims they have. Bullying, workplace sabotage and an appalling record of Health and Safety in some areas and also hygiene adherence. Really not a good partner for a unitary authority.
Stressful
started off ok, once your foot is in the door then you find out wot they are like pile more work on you never seem to have wot you need to do the job , management haven't got a clue & nobody seems to listen to wot you are saying, they are under staffed, people leave though stress & they lie to you, have worked for some bad company's in my time but this one takes the biscuit,
Management stuck in the '50s
A toxic culture where bullying is rife. If you enjoy unnecessary stress, under-appreciation, and a terrible working environment, then I highly recommend Norse Group. Otherwise, I strongly advise you to stay away. Having worked here for 2 years, I can confidently confirm that the negative reviews are legitimate. There are much better, safer places to work. Don't make the same mistake as me, avoid at all costs.
Horrible place to work at!!!
The pay is terrible, the management have no organisation and the more you push the more they expect. Different rules for different ppl. Brought on depression.
I wouldn’t work for this company
Not a great company to work for..your treated with no respect from anyone..favouritism..I’ve never worked for a company like it..no Confidentiality especially in the office..if you go to speak to someone in the office in confidence by the end of the week everyone knows...supervisor is awful lazy & foul mouthed...the company has lost so many good cleaners..such an awful company work for
Fast moving
Fast moving company in Health & Social Care East Anglia region, good advancement for the right people and the company has come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years, having taken over from the council. They have some great new homes in Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
bad place to work
honestly I am shock to see norse is still going with what ive seen and had go through honest I would never want work there again....
….

Management kept changing
I really enjoyed my job to start off with. My manager and supervisor were really great. They were firm but fair laid back and outgoing. As time went on manager and supervisor left and new ones were brought in. Manger was an absolute nightmare. Didnt like me from the start and I dont know why. He was a bully and treated staff like dirt speaking down to them. He didn't have very good people skills at all and thought he could get rid of staff as and how he liked and didnt care about their personal life ie any special needs, a family to provide for etc.
Staff morale was always a downer. Whenever I went in with being part time- asking how week had been so far "oh dont go there you know what its like". You are always picked up on for what you didn't do, not what you did right and you never feel appreciated.

So if you want a manager who is lovely and positive staff morale avoid at all costs.!!!
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
Poor management and staff morale.
Avoid!
Well where do I start! No communication no one knows what’s going on. The morale is horrendous. Management what’s that? Given the run around left right and centre. AVOID! False promises poor pay you’ve been warned
Pros
Cons
All of it
Stresseul
Can be ok to work for and a plus is you can have smoke break when you want. There is no set dinner breaks either so you can a break when you want as long as your got cover.
Cons
Nice hours