Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Excellent staff and working balance
Senior Clinical Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth7 September 2018
Staff very supportive. Communication good. Management very good, work towards helping each member of staff. Appropriate training given to the role applied for.
Not a good place to work.
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk suffolk foundation14 August 2018
Really is a terrible place to work, if managers don't like you they lie and make up things to get you out. Staff are back stabbers, they have their little click and treat new people like dirt,making it clear to you they don't want to work with you. Staff nurses and managers don't support you at all, when you have supervision is supposed to be private but it isn't, the staff nurse tells everyone what you said. Only good thing is the training.
Pros
Training
Cons
Bad practises.
Due to constant budget cuts, some areas are under performing.
Senior Mental Health Nurse- Community Addictions (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk12 September 2017
I work in the substance misuse service, which was rated 'good' by the CQC.
Career progression is minimal, and more responsibilities are placed on nurses- rather than Doctors.
Pros
Travel is paid. Staff I work with are amazing.
Cons
Large case loads
Great service
OT (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk4 January 2017
Fortunate to work in a good team, all experienced and supportive. Hardest part of the job is trying to refer to services which are full to capacity or no longer exist due to cuts to services.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Services are pushed
Hard work - but supportive staff
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk9 December 2016
The service is supportive to both staff and service users. If you are clinical staff, you will be working shift patterns made by e-rostering. This system can effect your work-life balance. The trust provides flexible working times for staff; however, it can be hard to obtain. The managers do support you through your job, and the supervision time is very effectively.

Training is superb. I have learnt so much through the services training, on subjects I didn't even think about.

I enjoy my job, but you must be strong minded to work here.
Pros
supportive staff, management supervision, training
Cons
long hour, long days, e-rostering, shift patterns.
I could not recommend NSFT
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Norwich4 April 2016
Quality of care and standards of practice very poor. Concerns raised. Absence of support for improving standards of practice or addressing concerns raised. Oppressive and deferential working culture.
Not a happy enviroment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Norwich27 June 2013
The inter team atmosphere quickly became apparent which I did not like.
Typical working day was 8 till 4 and glad to leave.
To much moaning from co-workers about everyone and thing so did not enjoy the environment which made it difficult to concentrate on task in hand. Continually interrupted to answering door.

Advanced my knowledge of SCCM 2007 and trouble shooting.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Isolated
I am currently still working
Registered Mental Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norwich23 June 2013
After clinical review a student on plaecment gave feedback to patient in the dayraea and that patient became agitated.

That the feedback should have been given in the quiet room with a staff the patient knows.

The patient was taken to quiet room, given an opportunity to talk about his concerns and feelings and then spoken to, reassured and also offered PRN medicationand advised to spend sometime in his room to help him calm down.

My co-worker responded to the alarm and stood by us and supported us.

This when you don't have enough staff in case of an emergency.

Is when I am able to meet the challenges and needs of my patients and at the end of the day everyone is safe.