Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation Trust

Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
I did enjoy working for CAMHS at NSFT, however I found myself overworked and underappreciated - working at the age of 16 surrounded by co-workers in their mid-twenties I was seen as the baby of the group and my significance overlooked. My workload was overbearing and my own mental health ignored to a breaking point.
I left after presenting at a conference and disappearing from work and no heed taken by my colleagues, supervisor or area manager.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Extreme work hours
The experience I have had was extremely disappointing I had a very poor induction and was told if the fire alarm goes off head for the nearest exit wasn't told where to meet. The atmosphere you could cut with a knife and not very welcoming either so if your face fits you'll be fine also no training was given.
explanation of what to do you not allowed to use your own initiative
1. Excellent Team Spirit.
2. Job Satisfaction.

3. Variety

4. Management varies. Some good, some not so good!

5. Helping people.

6. Shift work.

7. Location
Pros
Good team spirit.
Cons
Shift work
Things are greatly improving and it’s exciting times to be part of the Trust. There’s lots going on to understand the culture and they have definitely got a good sense of direction from the new leaders. Be part of the change.
Bullying is rife it’s that simple. If you dare to make a complaint about your seniors, be prepared to have the tables turned back on to you.
It’s in special measures for a reason.
Pros
It’s only 7.5hrs
Cons
Too many to mention
I have worked in the trust for the past 10 years but have now hit breaking point. Constant cuts, useless manager, high sickness rates, poor staff retention, ridiculous caseloads and high waitlists.

Staff are not heard, they are struggling with no support. No time for breaks. No support.
Pros
Autonomous working
Cons
Management, waitlist, lack of support, high sickness and staff turrnover
Lack of suitable IT equipment
Lack of induction

Disorganised

Far too long waiting lists

High staff turnover

High staff sickness levels

Too high caseloads

Not surprised it’s an inadequate service
I enjoyed my admin role but when the going got tough due to the very strict deadlines and lack of staff due to cost savings, support went out of the window. One of the values is to step into other’s shoes: good on paper but didn’t happen. For my own well-being I am no longer there.
Pros
Holiday and sick pay. Pension.
Cons
Struggling to hit deadlines. Not enough support.
I enjoyed the role albeit extremely busy. I would've been happy to secure a permanent position there.

The work is varied and interesting. I enjoyed daily contact with the locum Doctors and working in a team.
Pros
Good facilities
Very busy safe secure, well organised and structured working environment at the various sites held by the Trust. Friendly helpful and knowledgeable staff.
Supportive staff, management are fake, they pretend to support but talks about staff behind their back. flexible hours, lots of demands from managemnt
Pros
good staff
Cons
non supportive management
I enjoyed my time here at Coastal IDT and have found the management extremely supportive in allowing me to adapt my hours to attend college in order to develop myself further .
Pros
Friendly helpful team members
Cons
Pressured working environment
I had amazing co workers but I left due to the job never felt very secure.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and having such a good team to work with. I learned a lot working within this job role and also gained my NVQ 1/2.
Pros
i enjoyed co workers and working with the patients
Cons
shifts were unreliable due to poor management and job insecurity
Very simply put, the NSFT operates a system where by money is saved 'on the shop floor' whilst those in charge of the budget retain their overly paid jobs. It is a place of too many managers. My ward alone has three and yet we are regularly understaffed on ward with 3 staff to 16 patients particularly when escorted leave has to be facilitated daily, some of which are mentally unwell convicted criminals whom have spent time in the system in excess of 15 years. If it were not for the amazing staff in the nursing teams that go unrecognised, unrewarded and are poorly paid, I would have left the role a long time ago.
Pros
Co-worker nursing staff
Cons
the money saving drive leaves patients and staff struggling, long hours, low pay, you may be moved anywhere within this trust and have no say in it, very poor managerial support, failure sickness system.
when i go to work every day is different.Our service users are unpredictable, the imediate management has been fair. I work with nice people. we have to deal with a lot of aggressive service users, but we hood training to deel with this, and plenty of back up.the trust is going through changes and the job security is not there.
The service users i look after are not always responsible for there actions, i love it when they are happy ,they can make me smile
Pros
well paid. good conditions.interesting service users and pleasent staff to work with
Cons
not easy to get to, ward i work on is most likley closing in july or before