Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Terrible trust- failing patients and staff
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk26 March 2019
I have worked in the trust for the past 10 years but have now hit breaking point. Constant cuts, useless manager, high sickness rates, poor staff retention, ridiculous caseloads and high waitlists.

Staff are not heard, they are struggling with no support. No time for breaks. No support.
Pros
Autonomous working
Cons
Management, waitlist, lack of support, high sickness and staff turrnover
Lack of induction - high caseloads- disorganised management
Pmhw (Former Employee) –  Suffolk19 February 2019
Lack of suitable IT equipment
Lack of induction
Disorganised
Far too long waiting lists
High staff turnover
High staff sickness levels
Too high caseloads
Not surprised it’s an inadequate service
Not working to their values
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk18 October 2018
I enjoyed my admin role but when the going got tough due to the very strict deadlines and lack of staff due to cost savings, support went out of the window. One of the values is to step into other’s shoes: good on paper but didn’t happen. For my own well-being I am no longer there.
Pros
Holiday and sick pay. Pension.
Cons
Struggling to hit deadlines. Not enough support.
A good place and team to work for.
HR Business Intelligence Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk24 September 2018
I enjoyed the role albeit extremely busy. I would've been happy to secure a permanent position there.

The work is varied and interesting. I enjoyed daily contact with the locum Doctors and working in a team.
Pros
Good facilities
I left.
Youth Representative and Councillor. (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn23 May 2018
I did enjoy working for CAMHS at NSFT, however I found myself overworked and underappreciated - working at the age of 16 surrounded by co-workers in their mid-twenties I was seen as the baby of the group and my significance overlooked. My workload was overbearing and my own mental health ignored to a breaking point.
I left after presenting at a conference and disappearing from work and no heed taken by my colleagues, supervisor or area manager.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Extreme work hours
no training
Assistant Practitioner (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk21 March 2018
Supportive staff, management are fake, they pretend to support but talks about staff behind their back. flexible hours, lots of demands from managemnt
Pros
good staff
Cons
non supportive management
Hardworking and caring colleagues
Senior Clinical Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk24 June 2017
I enjoyed my time here at Coastal IDT and have found the management extremely supportive in allowing me to adapt my hours to attend college in order to develop myself further .
Pros
Friendly helpful team members
Cons
Pressured working environment
It was a good place to work but wasnt very organised with management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk3 January 2017
I had amazing co workers but I left due to the job never felt very secure.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and having such a good team to work with. I learned a lot working within this job role and also gained my NVQ 1/2.
Pros
i enjoyed co workers and working with the patients
Cons
shifts were unreliable due to poor management and job insecurity
Without co-workers such as mine I would have left a long time ago.
clinical support worker (Current Employee) –  Norwich, ENG30 December 2015
Very simply put, the NSFT operates a system where by money is saved 'on the shop floor' whilst those in charge of the budget retain their overly paid jobs. It is a place of too many managers. My ward alone has three and yet we are regularly understaffed on ward with 3 staff to 16 patients particularly when escorted leave has to be facilitated daily, some of which are mentally unwell convicted criminals whom have spent time in the system in excess of 15 years. If it were not for the amazing staff in the nursing teams that go unrecognised, unrewarded and are poorly paid, I would have left the role a long time ago.
Pros
Co-worker nursing staff
Cons
the money saving drive leaves patients and staff struggling, long hours, low pay, you may be moved anywhere within this trust and have no say in it, very poor managerial support, failure sickness system.
i have enjoyed working for the n h s
health care assistant (Current Employee) –  lowestoft carlton court14 January 2013
when i go to work every day is different.Our service users are unpredictable, the imediate management has been fair. I work with nice people. we have to deal with a lot of aggressive service users, but we hood training to deel with this, and plenty of back up.the trust is going through changes and the job security is not there.
The service users i look after are not always responsible for there actions, i love it when they are happy ,they can make me smile
Pros
well paid. good conditions.interesting service users and pleasent staff to work with
Cons
not easy to get to, ward i work on is most likley closing in july or before