Nobu Hotel Shoreditch

Nobu Hotel Shoreditch Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
They offer good benefits and trying to improve their work/life balance.
Most staff are friendly, however, (mostly) everyone is competitive to the managerial roles or any promotions.
With a very rich background history, Nobu, is the place that will make you fell part of it's Japanese heritage on the go. Due to it's very well constructed learning curve and an amazing team of people behind it.All of them committed to make you fell like part of their family, from H.R. to the reception team, even if you are not in their department.
Nobu has to be one of the worst places to work by far, management is terrible and unorganised. My induction was a month and a half after I joined . Nobu dose not lead by example , managers have no idea about what they are doing , everyone seems to ignore any issues and focus on the tiny things to avoid any issues or complaints recurved. Majority of the team are extremely racist , passing horrible comments under their breath as the come in.
Manager do not know how to communicate or do there job

They love repeating the same stupid thing over such as “did you take there coat” when you can clearly see they have no coat .

It is a draining and time consuming place to work , I was a host . I do not recommend this place , do not waste your time. Nobu could have been a lovely place to work if management was replaced and provide staff training
Pros
No pros
Cons
Lack of respect for staff
High staff (3-4 times) turnover per year, toxic kitchen culture, very rare advancement opportunities dependent on a locally corrupt system and not by merit, bad management, inexperienced managers
Pros
Great ingredients
Cons
Bad management, toxic culture
I was working as a Mini Bar attendant and the team is amazing! The manager is so cool and he is the best! Don't miss the opportunity to work there! Before the had a problem whit the Food but now is betrer then ever!
Pros
Teamwork and payment are really good and time flies
Cons
Sometimes you work overtime
Terrible building, terrible investors, terrible senior management, terrible pay, terrible benefits, terrible culture, terrible atmosphere, terrible guests, terrible ...everything! AVOID! Cheap, petty and allround nasty.
Pros
good location
Cons
everything else
Being part of the opening team in Nobu I saw a lot of intersting new dishes and made some new friends.
Learning that was the most important for me from that job as I was intersted in Japanese food in general.
Pros
fresh ingredients from Japan
Cons
managment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch?