Nobilis Homecare Employee Reviews

A great place to work and to build a career!
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire11 December 2018
Working for Nobilis is not like work it is very enjoyable the staff and clients are lovely! No day is the same and it is a very rewarding role. I always feel very supported by the whole team and am encouraged to work the way up the ladder. There are many opportunities to progress at Nobilis Care and to also do your health and social care diplomas. I always feel welcomed and part of the team and more recognition is happening which is really nice!
Pros
supportive, flexible, rewarding
Company in decline
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire28 November 2018
I’m sad to say this has been a satisfying place to work but it is in decline and this is clearly evidenced by the high numbers of really good people, experienced quality staff, who are leaving. A nationally recognised high rate of qualified staff moving on speaks volumes.
The front line support workers do a heroic job in the face of what is now very poor management. A recent email from the cofounder of Nobilis expressed his concerns, but sadly his directions are not being followed through.
The Southampton management team has deteriorated into an unprofessional group. This is fostering further discontent with staff and will no doubt have an effect with clients. I’m surprised client feedback has not stated this already, but the reality is that clients fear to put their own care at risk of decline in the face of reporting their concerns.
Sad.
Great company
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire18 August 2018
Nobilis is by far the best company i have worked for. I have grown a lot within this company and progressed so far i did not imagin i would be where i am today. Lovely team and lovely office staff. We are like one big family and all pull together and work hard and ensure we are giving the best care out there! Can not say one bad thing about this company. Come and join us... you wont regret it :)
Great place to work!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 August 2018
I have worked for Nobilis for over two years i enjoy community care a lot more than working in a care home previously. As you get more time with the client and 1 to 1 with them. No day is the same its always varied. There is always support, i recommend Nobilis a great relaxed place to work.
Pros
happy place to work
working with nobilis
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire10 August 2018
i worked with Nobilis for over 2 years,
i was encouraged to progress my career and study whilst being there, the management team gave a lot of support,
training was good. i loved the purple uniform, i met people service users and staff that i will never forget, long term friendships made and non forgettable memories.
Pros
people
Cons
hours
best care company i have worked for
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire7 August 2018
I have worked for nobilis for over a year now and with in this year this company has helped me grow and developed. I have been given great opportunities to grow in my career path.
management have been very supportive through work and personal life balancing, they are very fair and I can not fault them at all, I have also seen a number of staff also return to Nobilis after leaving and seeing that the grass isn't greener on the at other companies.
Pros
paid training, half paid DBS, paid holidays, brilliant management, pay
Cons
non
Flexible and supportive.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire7 August 2018
I have worked for this company on and off over the last five years, and that within itself is enough as never have I found a company that is flexible to do this and supportive when doing so.

I have been in and out of the country and each time I come home in need of work, Nobilis are always my first choice due to the above, I have worked for two other companies but these guys always just have that extra and the staff are fantastic.

The hours are long and the days can be as long as you like, however this is ALL discussed on interview and you give what availability you desire to fit your lifestyle.
Sometimes you will be asked to work more due to sickness, or car problems but that's the general nature of work, either way you are supported.

I do feel quite defensive for this company, reading the reviews above I cannot help but feel people are just venting their experiences indirectly as opposed to dealing with their problems head on within company, not back lash after that cannot be fixed.
Pros
Choose hours, company phone, free uniform
Terrible place to work
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire27 July 2018
Job advertised at £10.50, I can assure you its not, you only get paid for what you spend with the clients and then your stuck in you car for anything up to 2 hours waiting for the next one (which isn't paid for). They cut your hours if you're on a zero contract and give them to people who have just started working for them. Management can be very rude and disrespectful. Holiday forget that you can never get booked in to take it.
Pros
Clients
Sad place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton3 May 2018
First they don’t pay mileage as they advertise
Second they will slave you to death
Third always they do love to send you far example your first call and always last call far from your home
Fourth they will give you calls from 7am to 10:30 at night and you will get paid for 7 hours because of gaps
Pros
Sick and they will sack you
Cons
Long hours and get paid less
Official response from Nobilis Homecare
7 June 2018

Thank you for your review i am sorry that you feel this way but as seen from more other reviews we are a great company, who listen support and help any support workers on boarding. Community care does involve travelling which doesn't suit everybody but again as previous reviews show we have a lot of happy staff.

Horrible place to work
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire30 January 2018
Worked at Nobilis for quite some time! Nasty people out in field and in office! Have their favourites and that’s that. Despite all what goes on in clients homes. Very unprofessional AVOID
Cons
No two days are the same
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire20 October 2017
I have worked for Nobilis for over 4 years. The company have always been supportive and the whole team are a close knit team. The company have catered for the hours I needed and i've always had time to get from one client to the next. Having the time to get to know the clients instead of rushing is superb. Every day is different and I go home feeling like I've made a difference. There are many training courses available and the rate of pay is competitive. I highly recommend the company.
Pros
Supportive
Great Caring Community Care Company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 October 2017
Great company to work for, really supportive. Restored my faith in care. Excellent Salary, and great benefits: Company Mobile. Mileage allowance. Wonderful Colleagues.
Pros
Support / Wages / Making that difference in daily lives of clients.
Great team
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 October 2017
Great team, supportive management. Great flexibility for bank hours staff. Salary good. Training opportunities great. As long as u are clear on availability your needs will be catered to.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Late night sometimes
Lovely company to work for
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 October 2017
I've been with Nobilis for about 6 months and the support I've received has been great. Being new to care I was a little nervous about being a carer but the training was great and all the carers I shadowed were brilliant and gave me so much confidence. The company do their very best to give you the hours you are able to do to fit in around home and family life. The only gripe I have is not always getting travel time between clients but it's not always a problem.
Pros
Good support and training
Cons
Not always enough time to travel to clients
Excellent place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 October 2017
I have worked for nobilis care for nearlly 2 years and I have enjoyed it much more than working in a care home. Community care is lovely as you get to care for others in there own homes and keep them independent. The staff are lovely and management very supportive. Love the company!!
Pros
Lovely staff, carers and clients
Not for me
Domiciliary Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hampshire9 October 2017
Generally, this sort of job was not for me, but the company was good (for someone who is keen in that area of work). The sporadic hours were difficult
Pros
Good support
Cons
Hours and pay
Bad management and support
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampshire24 March 2017
Bad management and support. Care more about time and money. Than staff, working long hours no brakes. Pushed on times and sometimes not enough time to travel to client. Management unsupportive to staff with personal problems. Most staff only last 3-5 months due to lack of support and understanding.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, driving hours not included in pay. Unsupportive
supportive, personal choice of working hours
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton27 January 2016
Love working for Nobilis, Nobilis is a company that not only value, cares for its clients to a High standard but a High regard for its staff.
Flexible hours personally tailored to a home/work balance of your choices whether part time or full time, the training and support is continuous that builds your confidence and self esteem with job satisfaction, Nobilis truly is the best care company i 've worked for and all the incentives whilst working for Nobilis.
Pros
petrol expenses, excellent pay rates and training
Best company to work for
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton26 January 2016
This company is the the best care company i've worked for. I've been with them for over a year now and everyone feels more like family than colleagues. My work and home hours are well balanced as I chose them to suit my needs.
As a carer my job is to assist clients to achieve or maintain their independence while living at home. As we don't do 15 minute calls, I really get to know my clients well and am therefore better able to support them. There is always enough driving time between clients and no shortage of hours. If I ever need help with anything, I know it's only a phone call away. We have awesome office staff that also work in the field so they understand the difficulties we experience on a day to day basis and are better able to find solutions for any difficulty we present them with.
We are all trained and well prepared before going into the field and our training is regularly updated. There is also the opportunity for everyone to do their NVQ'S as well as care certificate.
Our management team is friendly, approachable, easy to talk to and really care about our well being. They are supportive, understanding and always ready to listen to concerns or ideas on improvements.
If you really want to feel appreciated and needed, there is no better company to work for and no better job to do.
Pros
Gratifying work
Cons
The heartbreak when a client passes away
Rewarding Job
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farnborough26 January 2016
Having been working with Nobilis for 4 months as a homecarer, I find the job most satisfying rewarding and great satisfaction especially to clients that either don't have family or family living far away just to see them smile and laugh gives such satisfaction.
A typical day would be assisting the client in getting up and help wash dress, meal preparing sitting having a chat and getting to know the clients.
The management are excellent caring and will do their upmost to help on any query, your never on your own to deal with a problem , pay is good if you don't have the qualifications they will put you on your Deplomas on Health and Social care.
We've a great team of ladies that we all help each other, and are always at the end of the phone if you need help.if you work hard and progress you can further your career .
Hardest part is when the client passes away but then you think that resident gave me joy and the privilege of getting to know them and their families.
Just making that person smile helping them have dignity and independence makes my day worth while.
All I can say is join us as a team and you'll realise how rewarding the job is
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
Early mornings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nobilis Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.

Nobilis Homecare Reviews by Location