Nobilis Homecare

Nobilis Homecare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews
Love my job looking after people in the community it’s so rewarding and I can go home at the end of the day happy as I know I’ve done my job and service users are happy to .
Working for Nobilis can be challenging at times but on the whole it was a positive experience. Monthly meetings were held where staff could discuss any issues and these were usually met within a timely manner. The training provided was to an excellent standard and I have gained so much experience and confidence with personal developmental skills. There is a friendly feel to the branch I worked for as you are able to work with a large number of carers - all of different skill/experience level. The company took the time to train me well and I was not pressured to complete house visits on my own until I felt ready. I am a university student so they were exceptionally accommodating to this by putting me on a bank contract which meant I was not contracted to hours I couldn't complete. in addition, communication between myself and the company stayed to a high standard even though I was living away a lot.
Overall, the management and the employees I worked with were lovely and I couldn't have asked for any more from a company.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, competitive pay, exceptional training provided, opportunity for progression
Cons
I’ve worked for 3 care companies and I have to say Nobilis has to be the best the Manager at yate is very supportive and will listen to you if you have any concerns I don’t do care anymore due to family care required but if I was able to return I would go back to Nobilis
This company really cares about the customers and staff. We feel supported by our team leader, she goes the extra mile making sure that we are appreciated and often takes us for coffee as a thank you, we are always kept updated and informed of any changes to our rotas. This has been possibly the most friendly place I have worked for.
I love working for this company. I feel supported by the management and even though it is a business, it is clients and staff orientated. There are progression opportunities and I feel valued. I can always speak with my manager and she goes the extra mile to ensure that I have the suppport that I need.
When I first worked for nobilis we would spend at least an hour with clients and the job was well paid. Now Nobilis pay is about the same or less than similar companies. No fixed hours, change most weeks, decided to leave when one of my days was 7-9pm. The standard 15 mins travelling time between clients is either too little or too less. No carer recognitions, used to get flowers or chocs, cards and certificates for birthdays and anniversaries and things, don't even get a happy birthday text now. Really nasty and negative atmosphere from other carers. Missing client calls and having to guide the clients families through safe guarding and CQC complaints procedure is really upsetting. Avoid.
I have been working for Nobilis now for nearly 4 years. I have achieved so much since being here, passing my level 2 diploma in health and social care and worked my way up to becoming a senior support. The support I received from the office staff and other support workers is amazing. And the communication with the office staff is very good and they are alway at the end of the phone for support and advice. My hours fit around my family life style as I have children. I absolutely love my job dearly and the best thing for me is when I see my clients happy and cared for like my own family.
Brilliant job with excellent opportunities. Management are very organised and understanding. Good rates of pay and bonus opportunities. Would highly recommend
Nobilis are a lovely company to work for, always happy to help, someone is always around to listen if you have any questions. Not just a team, we are one big family. Very flexible work hours.
I work for the basingstoke branch for the last 3 years and started up from not doing care before. Nobilis gave very good training and support going through the start also offered help if i wasnt sure of anything. Over the 3 years ive gone from a carer to a senior/assessor and then going round to new client houses to do assessments to start there new package of care. I also help doing out of hours and rostering for the office which has given me more an in site of the how things work. Yes some days can be hard and work late sometimes but Nobilis is a very good company to work for and i do recommend for anyone whos wanting to progress in care i would 100% say come to Nobilis
Pros
lots of suppor
typically you will have a variety of lovely clients - we try to maintain typical runs when possible. There are a variety of needs and abilities to work with which presents us opportunities to learn everyday
I have finally found somewhere where I can be a part of a team (and a family) after previously working for a care company that lacked any compassion or teamwork..working here has been refreshing and has revitalised my passion for care

I have the option to complete a level 2 course and all of the funding for a care certificate provided. Everyone seems very client driven and the people I have worked alongside so far are in this role for the right reasons.

The office are approachable and all staff are competent in dealing with queries. I feel safe in knowing that any issues raised will remain confidential and that it will be handled delicately.

There are always challenges to face but I have felt that we have all rallied around to get through it.

the most enjoyable part of the job is noticing the difference you make in peoples lives and meeting like minded individuals. as you are travelling from home to home you have your own space and time in between clients and are never faced with boredom
I have no experience at all but with Nobilis Care, I learn so much about the policies and procedures as they provide full training for me and with shadowing a senior carer, I was able to gain alot of knowledge which I will put into practice at work. Management and the team are super friendly, chatty and helpful.
I love my job and enjoy working there , its friendly staff and friendly work colleagues , the hours are ok of working , they also provide your training if never done before.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Very enjoyable
The advert states full shift pay. Not true. New staff are paid per client and expect gaps! You can be on an 8 hour shift but only get paid 4. Many have been hoodwinked into a poorly paid job by false advertising
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Very poor pay
Lovely environment, friendly and helpful colleagues and management. I always feel the management is very supportive and giving many opportunities to progress. Great work balance as a mother of 2 kids. I can work and still have time with my children. I think the best part about working at Nobilis Care is being able to have make a difference in other people's lives in a supportive work environment.
I work as a customer services administrator for Nobilis and have advanced from being a carer, I have really enjoyed my new role and am grateful for the opportunities given to me for my own career progression, the company itself is very rewarding and working in the care sector with a variety of people makes the job very enjoyable
My friend referred me to work here. I had never done care before, I was a little bit sceptical. The management are really friendly, the company looks after you as best they can.
They give you full training and you are paid through it. Regular reviews and observations to make sure that you are happy and confident with your role.

Career progression is also available if you work hard! I love it here!!!
I loved ny years working as a support worker for nobilis. However as with many home care company the communication within the team wasn't great and hours were not regular. Raised issues needed to be pushed to ensure a desirable outcome. However the owner of the company insisted on recruiting home carers with his vision of caring for the clients how you would wish a family memeber to be cared for
No time off allowed at Christmas.
No continuity of times of calls or of clients you visit. Lengthy journeys between calls, areas, with little to no time travel, which means driving is mostly beyound speed limits and very dangerous. No understanding if your car is off the road or if you are without a car.

Just generally very unproffessional.

No training apart from on screen watch a video and answer questions.

Too many timely gaps between calls. Sometimes only a few calls given.

Work with an alot ofcdifferent carers on any/every shift.
Nobilis Care arent very caring about there staff let alone there clients. They have there favourites who they look after. They arent supportive of there staff one bit. Management are an abomination they either take your hours from you or make you work until you practically burn out. You dont get paid hourly at all you get paid for what calls you do and with the amount of clients that are not happy you wont have much work. Stay clear.
Great staff and management felt part of the team...fab support in office and in community...never felt alone always someone to talk to..would Definitely work for them again.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nobilis Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.