NL Recruitment

NL Recruitment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom5 reviews
I wanted to do something different and give back to those less fortunate then I came across a street fundraising role based in my area so I decided to to apply. The next day I got a call from one of their consultants who was really nice and friendly and we had a chat about the role and my reasons for applying.

Within the same week I got booked on for a interview, in the morning they gave we a call where I could ask any last minute questions and they gave me very helpful advice to ease my nerves. Luckily I passed and started my training the same day!

I would recommend NL Recruitment to everyone who wants to get into fundraising because they support you through every stage of the process and have your interests in mind.
Pros
Amazing support, Friendly staff, Great career progression, rewarding feeling
Cons
You will need to work in all weather conditions but they will provided you with a umbrella etc.
Hired a bunch of us for a position as a telecoms fundraiser, only to fire us all 3 months later due to the NL recruitment being unprofessional and telling us that they don’t need us anymore. This coming straight from NL recruitment themselves not the fundraising company which we worked for.
My team started off at 10- on day 3 there was only 4 of us left.

The company mislead ALL of us on the team about how long the job was for (I was told 2 months but it turned out to be less than 2 weeks).

Some of the team were told 2 weeks and others were told 6 weeks. Bamanagement

Very
I applied to be a street fundraiser for a charity through NL Recruitment. Within 24 hours they called me to ask a few questions and check the job was right for me. Then a day or so later they called to tell me I had an interview. They told me what would be asked and how to prepare for the interview which was really helpful as I'd never been in this role before. The day of my interview they called me again to check that I was prepared and whether I needed to ask any last minute questions. They then called me again the same day to let me know I'd got the job. The staff I spoke to were really friendly and helpful. It felt like a personal experience, not like I was talking to a robot with a script, which is always so nice. I would definitely recommend NL to anyone.
Pros
friendly, helpful, supportive
Cons
I wanted to get back into fundraising after finishing uni because I enjoy talking to people and helping a good cause. I applied to do charity fundraising through the NL Recruitment website and they contacted me to tell me about all of the opportunities they have in Glasgow. They put me forward for several interviews to increase my chances which was a good idea as I was unsuccessful for the first one however I passed the second interview.

I was given support throughout the whole process and even when I failed the first interview the consultant gave me advice on areas I needed to work on which helped me to succeed for the next interview.

I absolutely love my new job - great culture to work in, I love being outdoors and have been given the opportunity to work over time on fun stay away campaigns.
Pros
Positive working environment, friendly staff, good advice, get to work outdoors and experience a new environment each day
Cons
They only offer full time hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NL Recruitment?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NL Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.
4.8