Nissan Employee Reviews

Found 243 reviews matching the search See all 4,267 reviews
Fun work place great wages, great perks
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear29 March 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Nissan, but after an accident at work (faulty machinery on their behalf) i was let go because of my short length of service. The job was great as were the wages, perks and team mates but unfortunately staff their are treat as expendable machines. A shake up and monitoring of the supervisor and team leader staff there would be a great idea.
Pros
Wages, Car
Cons
Management.
hard work environment
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear27 March 2019
Good experience highly recommend to others to see and taste prestige of one of the biggest car companies in world. Good fun work with so many people. The plant is like little town with about 7000 employes.
Pros
Discount for all Nissan car's
Cons
Feel like robot ?
Okay place to work.
Manufacturing Staff/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear25 March 2019
My time here was mixed, first year was enjoyable and exciting after that it got a bit frustrating. management only care about their selves and look after each other there is very few that care about the staff but there is some at that. The Money is excellent but the hours with the "compulsory overtime" is ridiculous, overtime should be optional otherwise it isn't really overtime its just longer hours to benefit the company. For 3 years I was on temp contracts until I got my permanent one so always the worry that you might not get another contract, The people you work with are top notch one of a kind the banter is excellent and the environment is pretty safe and clean its just the management that lets it down and the stupid hours. However over my 4 years here I learnt a lot, I became more disciplined, faster at working and more efficient. so all in all not a bad place to work but not the best.
Pros
Good work force that make the day go well.
Cons
Poor management
Productive and hard place to work for if your a person who’s has a background of customer service
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear23 March 2019
I started Nissan in the production factory in Washington, Tyne & Wear, who is also contracted with NAC Outsourcing which is opposite the building in the Gateshead college department in February. As I’ve heard the pay is good but the job it self is hard so I thought I’ll give it a shot and see how it goes....I regretted working in Nissan as the job wasn’t for me and it was hard job but the pay is good. The staff and management are nice to talk to and get along with and also uniform is provided with steel toe boots, hats, gloves and protective eye glasses whatever you call them but overall for me who’s come from a background of customer service who knows it may work for some of you or not but for me it didn’t.
Pros
Pays good
Cons
The roles weren’t the best to work in
good
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear15 February 2019
good place to work and good money shift money is a bonus and environment is clean and safe. working hours are good depending on shifts but all round good job
ok
Manufacturing Staff/Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear12 February 2019
how people view working at Nissan all depends on the job theyre doing, enjoyable rewarding jobs are hard to come by and the majority of roles give very little job satisfaction.
good jobs
paintshop logistic (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear4 February 2019
good experience
very nice experience
nice people
I was there building new paintshaop as site manager frof a foreign company and I was impressed of safety regulations and kindly people
Intense work place with clear ideals
Engineer, TCS - Supplier Warranty (Former Employee) –  Cranfield30 January 2019
Lots of data analysis is the core of most roles in this area of the business. I learned a lot about trust & self management, and how to protect my own interests. The culture can be very cliquey, which I found to be the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully resolving technical problems with manufacturing, design and suppliers.
Pros
Clear job descriptions, employee benefits & initiatives
Cons
Long hours, old systems, cliquey
I do not recommend
Lutterworth warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth27 January 2019
Nissan Luterworth, a company operating in Leicestershire for over 20 years. It's very hard to go on a contract. As for the behavior of my superiors, I have unpleasant experiences and memories. I am a foreigner, and I was strongly told that many people do not like it.
productive and fun
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Sunderland24 January 2019
My week at nissan showed me the different ways that the cars are made, it also showed me the different opportunities that are available while also showing us how to effectively complete work in teams
An incredibly poor employer despite their global position.
Material Handling Agent (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear23 January 2019
Employees are expected to carry out a range of unrealistic responsibilities within a very limited time frame.
Although high levels of safety are regularly emphasised, they are not achievable due to cramped and busy environments.
The company has a 'Supervisor's discretion' policy which is abused constantly by the senior members of staff.
Nissan regularly make changes to shift patterns, working hours and the general working environment without regard for employees.
Promotions are regularly offered to friends or family of senior employees.
Pros
Healthcare and vehicle benefits, Competitive rate of pay.
Cons
Biased progressional system, Unsuitable working environments, unrealistic expectations, poor duty of care towards employees.
Great working environment
Project Manager & Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear20 January 2019
Great place to work, friendly staff, lots of opportunities for personal and professional development. Manufacturing environment very focused on production.
numbers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunderland16 January 2019
Unfortunately as with a lot of larger companies employees were more a number than anything else. The high standards expected are to be admired but the people skills were sadly lacking. I learned a lot about production processes and efficiency here.
good pay and in some plants in nissan are good
manufacturing staff (Former Employee) –  Washington Rd, Sunderland SR5 3NS8 January 2019
Pay is good, some shift patterns are realy good alot of staff including management are great. some not so much, drug useage in this company for manufactures are excessively high and nissan knows this so wont do the tests simply because they will not have enought staff left to do production.

if you work in manufacturing in nissan for a long time you have a very high chance to suffer from a repetative injury.

the pay is good thoe which is why people stay for so long.
Pros
good pay, somerealygood staff
Cons
hard strenuous work.
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear7 January 2019
I am a admin assistant at Nissan, in the payroll section. Good variety of work. Mainly manual calculated payroll. Hardest part of the job, is mainly the peaks and troughs of a large company. Volume of new starters within the company.
Pros
Good company to work. Early finish on a Friday
Cons
Holidays restricted to shutdowns
Lots of hours available
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington3 December 2018
Plenty of hours available but no job security while working for NAC. You will be doing the most boring jobs and wont be allowed to progress. Very high blaime culture
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Minimum wage, temp contract
dont work here AVOID
Trim and Chassis 1 (Former Employee) –  Sunderland26 November 2018
the management is terrible dont expect any advancement or contract as they like to use this as a weapon constantly threatening you with job security and giving you a hard time
Fun workplace
Industrial cleaner (Former Employee) –  Washington23 November 2018
It's a good environment to work as all employees are friendly and helpful, a good shift when we all work as a team to get what is needed to do done in the shift
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not many breaks
Hard work but good pay.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear8 November 2018
Working at Nissan was hard and takes a lot of time to get used to the fast pace production line. Once your settled it gets much easier to do and your skill level will get better
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Go home knowing u have earned your money!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear16 October 2018
NMUK is marmite! You either have what it takes or you don’t!
Massive company ran on buttons but that’s why it’s so successful. If you don’t have an education you can still be taking home a pretty decent wage by all means.
The place is very demanding and wants value for money it’s a high cost plant so we need to be the best at what we do or we will lose models to other low wage plants!
Sick of hearing all the moaning and groaning about the place yes it’s extremly hard work but if you don’t like that there some huge gates and take your self out of them and don’t come back! No one forces you to be there.
I hate the place believe it or not but am willing to see the bigger picture. I have a home a family and we all have what we need and this is the same for thousands more.
We have had about 20% in the last 10 year in rises when doctors, nurses, teachers and emergency services have had about 1%
Yes some management levels are a bit over the top but for the majority we’re faced with poisonous backstabbing two faced employees who need to just go.
If you don’t want to work there LEAVE!!!!
If you come in and do your job what your paid to do very well I might add you will have no issues SIMPLE!

If this place ever packs up and leaves, the north east is doomed.....
Pros
Pay, cars, security, healthcare, draws, gyms, pension, and pride in knowing you graft for your family.
Cons
It’s hard get over it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nissan. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K