Nissan
Information from Nissan:

Nissan Employee Reviews

United Kingdom343 reviews
Morale Always up and down

Staff find everything out in the news

Poor work life balance.

Good level of pay

Good level of training available

Staff often treated poorly
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Loose your job far too easily apart from that everything was good. The management were on the whole easy to get along with and the job was challenging but doable. Would recommend someone to work here but with how easily a lot of people lost jobs I don't see how I could.
Pros
Good job, good pay, appropriate shifts
Cons
No job security
Great company to work for, good pay also benefits, great pension scheme, very fast paced but rewarding at the same time, would recommend to work here.
I worked in the contact centre at Ancaster Nissan Penge for over a year In that time over 40 people started then left due to the Managers Bullying.
She didn't like anyone getting on in or out of work, she hated anyone exchanging mobile numbers and would question you if she felt you were.

You couldn't make eye contact with your colleagues or you'd be called in to her office and questioned, if she wasn't satisfied with your explanation the bullying became worse, loading the majority of the work on you, tutting when she walked past and not placing your worksheet on the desk but throwing them and watching them slide off onto the floor saying "oops"

This could have been a great place to work had it not been for the manager of the contact centre.

The actual job was straight forward once you got the hang of the systems

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving in the evening.

I feel sorry for those who have to return to work with her after being furloughed and those who ever have the misfortune of meeting her.
I worked for the Nissan Corporation for one year as part of my degree in their purchasing department in Milton Keynes. I very much enjoyed the role and management but the work culture and organisational culture I found challenging and lacks the level of support needed for new members of staff.
Not a good company to work for, after giving them 7 years service to the best of my ability I was diagnosed with Cancer. The company responded by making my life a misery with a determination to drive me out of the company as they must have seen me as a weak link. Management are only out for themselves, they are all power mad and it goes to their heads. I'm 100% certain you would not be able to squeeze an ounce of compassion from all of the management team put together. Good luck in your future endeavors.
The company Nissan is not to blame but Lookers company requires further investigation in my opinion. Staff are very helpful and friendly, only reason worth working there, other than that the current management's are very ungrateful, pressurising, self centered and full of empty promises and I received a bit of indirect racism, then again most managers would do anything for that bonuse. Wages have been categorised not long ago and made fair but still not worth the stress, working there felt like a prison. Old management was ace. I don't think lookers company as a whole is worth investing any time or effort in. Ill be surprised if this review doesn't get taken down. They are very good at fiddling with the system.
very demanding role, expectations are very tough. The supervisor is expected to be a CEO of his area, and that includes everything. However they pay a very good salary.
if you are able to do this role then you can do any operational role anywhere.
Pros
car scheme
Cons
difficult job, yet excellent in deveolping yourself
Very good company to work for if u like fast pace work then this I recomend to u very well trained and salary is very good all depends on job type good experience for those that want to work for a big co.pany like nissan
I worked for Nissan for approximately 3 years the money was great hours were long and hard the work was hard but that was never a issue the issue was bullying from other staff team leaders and supervisors they were ruthless not supportive in the slightest when I sustained a RSI inwas given physio but always rushed back never given the opportunity to heal and was given no support for my mental health issues partly caused by them.
Pros
Money job security
Cons
Bullying lack of support or empathy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nissan?
Secure job great benefits
Good culture

Operator care upmost

Great benefits pension health care company car

Reward and recognition

On site occ health
Very friendly staff and are always there to help out the customer and help give important advice about the type of car they want. The staff are very collaborative as they work alongside Renault and Dacia.
I met some great friends at Nissan and learnt some good things about life at work, I’m a confident self motivated person thriving on a new challenge , I left Nissan to work in London doing asbestos removal, another fantastic well paid job but family life took over , back in Sunderland working for a lot less money but always looking to find my next challenge
Managed commercial tenders and supported operational concerns and business cost reviews
Lots of opportunity for in house training courses

Very target driven and continuous reporting culture

Hardest part of the job was the cultural differences within the Alliance

Team working environment was very good
Every day dragged, didn't really learn much as I felt it was a dead end job not all days were bad but mainly, the culture of the place was not the best either can get bullies like everyplace but Nissan had its few, management didn't seem to care about the workers quite argumentative think they can say what they want to you, hardest part was to get the temptation of leaving out of your head, enjoyable parts was getting brakes.
working away from home 4 nights a day in hotels was OK.
Enjoined visiting Nissan and Renault dealerships around the UK. Conducting management meetings with all departments. Building up business relation ships with all dealership staff.

Work close with manufacturer HQ staff.

only down side was working long hours in the nights and weekend for reporting on past week meetings and preparing for following weeks meetings.
For me this place is a very hard and demanding place of work who require you to be fully focused at all times. However the role itself you don’t get much time with family or friends as of the shift patterns
As an apprentice the staff were very helpful in striving to help you improve. The workplace was fun and everyone there always had a smile on there faces . Highly recommend
Lied to constantly by management. Best workers do not get progression. Friends of supervisors do. Worst company I’ve ever worked for comfortably. Would not recommend.
Good place to work only left through partners bas healh nissan done all they can to help me but was to much in the end for me to look after my partner and kids and work
Overall a bad place to work I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, hardly no life working there as you were working 6 days a week, the shifts are also bad.