Nike Employee Reviews

Found 204 reviews matching the search See all 6,787 reviews
Love my job
Athlete (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2018
I have no problems at all working for Nike atm my management are great and always willing to help out on their part, they are flexible with shift swapping with other staff and always have incentives in place eg £20 gift card for MVP each month which is essentially the employee of the month
Pros
Free chrismtas dinner, free uniform and shoes
Cons
Productive and fun to work
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London18 November 2018
Very chill, unlike other retail you can choose what you will like to do for the day if there are not much tasks to do for example you can choose whether you want to be on footwear or appreal
Pros
Free uniform every 3 months and free trainers every 6 months
Cons
Average pay
great brand
Head coach (Store Manager) (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire17 November 2018
great brand, great product, great history - 1 in the world for sports clothing, exciting .challenging and driven company to work for - would highly recommend.
If your face dont fit
Customer Sales Assistant (Athlete) (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk23 October 2018
The management are very bias to their favorites and if your face doesn't fit then you wont get very far.
No real career structure. Training is extensive but only to benefit sales for the company.
Discount is good though!
Pros
huge discount on products
Amazing company
Assisting Legal Team (Former Employee) –  London11 October 2018
Super relaxed and understanding environment. fresh and friendly. amazing experiences for all employees. a very fun place to work and you meet super cool people
Sat-paced fun workplace
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden11 October 2018
They tend to recruit very confident individuals particularly in terms of men. The banter can be a bit harsh at times and unnecessary.

We did a lot of team bonding activities like a table tennis tournament on a Sunday morning for example (which I won).

The discount is generous (40%) with a large budget as well. You also get a discount on un-used returned NikeID trainers. I bought huaraches snake print (grey and black) and Lunar running trainers (red) for £40 in total.

Uniform was free and you are given enough depending on your hours.

You are given a password to Nike Sku which is a website with more product knowledge available there

You are given an opportunity to attend a paid training day held at a hotel with many other Nike employees from other stores
Fun workplace
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Covent Garden6 October 2018
Good management team and a chilled out work environment.
Good customers that shop regularly and a good company discount policy.

Clean store and a good atmosphere.
the job
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  Livingston25 September 2018
This was my first job so I learned a lot during my time there. The staff, management and environment was a great place to work and i thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the store.
racist
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire24 September 2018
they do not activate your online discount so that you do not buy ANTHING
they give 14 or 8 hour contracts and demand you work more hours!

area manager was racist

everyone is racist and biased
Pros
free ugly uniform
Cons
bonus monthly
Fun
Basic sales techniques and product knowledge (Former Employee) –  Birmingham International Airport, West Midlands15 September 2018
Really enjoined my time while I was working there it was a great experience for me I learnt a lot with them, I appreciate everything they done it for me.
friendly and fun
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Glasgow14 September 2018
A great team of people to work with and for. There is good opportunity for promotion and support from management. It is great to work in such a fun and friendly environment.
Great Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley Park Station12 September 2018
I personally enjoyed my time there the staff was lovely and it was a great atmosphere. The customers were friendly and due to it being a pleasant atmosphere the customers loved coming to the store. I will recommend others to work there.
Productive & motivating workplace!
Coach (Current Employee) –  Kings’s Cross11 September 2018
Great place to grow, learn, motivate, educate and meet new people. Started my working life here & have loved every minute since! No two days are the same and you’re always kept on your toes. Evolving immediately and adapting to change is something at the forefront of my everyday working life.
Decent
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  London10 September 2018
Typical day depends on what time you start (shift patterns are all over the place) but it is busy nonetheless! Great benefits such as 44% discount online. Management are partly okay. job security is pretty non existent (It is a revolving door of employees e.g. 5 leave 10 more come)
Pros
1 hour lunch, discount
Cons
long hours, lunch is unpaid, no job security, not great management
It's a last resort type of job
Athlete (Former Employee) –  London8 September 2018
Worked at The Flagship London Location so here is the stuff you want to know:

- The pay is poor, working in Central London and you are paid £8 per hour, as an athlete, paid at the end of each month.
- The hours aren't too bad, typical retail, closes at 9pm so you can work till 10pm. The management are fairly flexible with hours as they can give you certain days off etc. Full time is 38 Hours.
- The uniform is provided for you and you receive around an allowance to spend on uniform every 3 months. full timers get more than part timers, of course and allowance changes dependent on season.
- Any breaks over 15 mins are Unpaid.
- The staff are great, quite a young team. Everyone is friendly and get along.
- Although the London HQ is only down the road, the people at the HQ really don't offer much help.
- You get too see sports stars daily as they will be coming in and out of the store.
- When I first started it was great and for most people it is the same, first 3 months seem great and then you realize it's really not. The size of the company and you're getting a poor pay. The recruitment team when I joined were great and had a great team, now the team don't seem to be good judges of people and hire some people who are terrible at the job even after training.
- Lack of organisation & Creativity
- 7 weeks of Holiday!!
- Massive building with over 400 members of staff and yet sometimes you can feel although their is no help at all.

Average Day, Turn up at 8:55am for a 9am shift. Make sure you have an assist to serve with. Head to your floor and find a manager or
  more... specialist and they will do your huddle (15 mins of updates, information or trending topics.) Around 9:15am you will be on the floor doing standards, taking payments etc. Around 1:30pm you would be on your lunch of 1 Hour (If working 9 hour Shift) you will then return from your lunch and work the remaining 4 hours.  less
Pros
Free Uniform, Fun Staff, 7 Weeks of Holiday.
Cons
Terrible Pay, No Support from HQ, Central London, Poor Breaks, No Future in the place.
okay
Seasonal Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  London6 September 2018
more benefits are needed, and the product range needs to be varied. they were a bit organised with payroll but overall the employees are friendly and warm
Pros
40%off
Good Place to work temporarily
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Ashford3 September 2018
Nike store was a good place to work temporarily, the athletes all got along well with each other which made work enjoyable and fun however the management are not the best as they do little work themselves which can be a pain when really busy.
productive, safe and fun place to work.
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Taplow, Buckinghamshire2 September 2018
i have learned a lot about the company and how to work as part of a team to reach KPI's. Management are superb and very understanding of their staff and do what they can to ensure the working environment is the best for you. The job is fun as well as hardworking
productive can learn alot
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 September 2018
working in the stock room is a good way to understand a company you can learn alot and progress up the company ladder which would give a high wages and have the weekend off
Pros
ways to get up the ladder
Cons
dealing with other humans in shop enviroment
fun environment
Sales Associate Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Work with very satisfied colleagues and in a fast pace environment. Not that stressful. The management team would take your personal factors into consideration and were compromising. The job is not very demanding just requires a fast worker.
Pros
Nike discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nike. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2