Nigel Frank International

Nigel Frank International Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
Can be great, could be a lot better.
Senior management don't actually care about anyone who works there. They complain about productivity when they are the ones slowing everything down and distracting people. My team leader was absolutely amazing same as my immediate manager. Learnt so much from them and despite them being really busy they always found time to help out with any problems. Just a shame that senior management were in no way the same.
Sometimes the feel around the office is really positive with everyone joking but still working hard, but can quickly turn stessful when senior managers are in a bad mood or just feel like bullying random people.

They expect you to work long hours but don't give you any benefit to doing this. You can do most the job within the core hours and make commission from that, but they still expect you to be getting in at 7:30 every morning and not leaving till 7 at night.
exploiting company
After a 12 hour training period you are required to stay in the office from 8am to 8pm. If you dont get enough call time in you will be humiliated infront of the team. If you are all sales and money, this is a great job fro someone who doesnt mind working weekends, after hours and doing cold calls. It is all about quantity, not quality. Admittely this comes with a recruitment job, but being humiliated at wokr by having to do tasks for the team when not successfull reminds on a cult. Simply wasnt for me.
No Work–life balance
- Long ours and they wanted more (8:00 - 19:00)
- Poor micromanagement

- Late payments of commision

- They buy you with beers, but you just want to be able to go home earlier.

- if you stick to your contract hours they will "let you go"

- Good working collegues and free fruit.
I enjoyed my time there
Left due to unprofessional atmosphere. Managers getting the juniors to pick up ‘packages’ not work related at all. Most of the staffs drugged up to the eyeball. I am surprised no one mentioned it on the reviews. That was the reason I left, wanted to focus on my career and not be led down the wrong track.
Pros
Promotions were possible
Cons
Too seedy
Fun but alot of pressure
- 8.30am to 7.30/8pm Typical hours

- I learned that if you work hard you get the benefits of commission

- Management was very supportive but had a lot of pressure of them from above there for we did and it became very stressful

- Culture was very loud and laddish, we had sales days where we dressed up as circus acts/ celebrities etc. Very up beat.

- The hardest part of the job would be the sales targets and the expectations of our managers as the company is so big we where expected to work very long hours for a very small basic wage.

- The most enjoyable part is when I got my commission as it showed how hard I had worked that month/ year. Also when we all got together and had our company presentations each month.
Tough place to work in
Long hours, hard work and tough management. As with many recruitment roles it is difficult work and the company try to provide good incentives but they were far too hard on employees.
If you like a mixed work day, don't do this job
Monotonous and ultimately very dull. From 8:30 in the morning until 17:30 you did the same task. I was told when I left that my work had probably made the company a quarter of a million pounds. I saw zero of it.
Tough job if you're not into recruitment
There are deadlines and quotas to hit daily so going there straight from uni is difficult to adjust to. The pressure is great but it is a great learning curve,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nigel Frank International?
not a good place to work
stay away from this place you have no life once you start working hear I worked there for 5 year and they take you in a meeting room and it bye bye there is a lot of back stabbing when they sit there and smile at your face
Pros
money
Cons
to much back stabbing and thats the management
No real opportunity
Big company, grown extremely fast throughout the years.
Good if you just want a years experience in recruitment as their training is okay and they make you smash the phones.
no life work balance
nigel frank don't treat they're employees with respect
all you are to them is money making machines that are disposable as soon as you don't make enough money

everything that counts for the management are the stupid KPIs

you are forced to stay way longer than stated in your contract

and encouraged to also work in your breaks

on of the catch phrases are work hard play hard

but even though the floor made new record we were just told the next time we can do more
Let go with no warning/no sick pay
Long Hours - generally 0830-1730, when travelling from an hour away at minimum wage £7.20, although I was only 19 at the time.

I was let go immediately with no previous indication, they stated I'd had too much time off sick when I'd been off for one week with tonsillitis which I'd been hospitalised with. If I'd really cared about the job, I would have certainly argued my case but it just wasn't worth it.
Pros
Good money for being just 19
Cons
Not a secure job
Highly Target Driven
High energy and fast paced. Quite like wolf of wall street, very lively and can get a bit wild when someone has done a deal and deal songs are played. Fun and vibrant office with a young culture - beers are brought in for after core hours on a Friday. Ambitious people can go far but be prepared for working extra hours unpaid. Core hours are 8:30-5:30 but its 8-8 is expected.
Pros
Free drinks on a friday
Cons
Madhouse full of people with serious ego problems
It's a madhouse, enough said.
Colleagues you can't trust acting like sharks behind your back, guys just being over their hormonal inner struggles, lunatic managers acting like guards in a concentration camp! Appalling.

A sad grotesque place at times.

Wrong place to be if you care about respect and if you have a sense of decency.

Promotions are dished out depending on how much of a boss-worshipper you are or... well... there are other ways...

Word of advice: find a job somewhere else!
Cons
Everything is wrong with this place.
Independent growth
This company has a great culture. Working here allowed me to come out of my shell, become more confident and realise the value that I can add to a process.
perfect for certain individuals
The excellent training, good commission structure and great working environment is outweighed by the embarrassing loud culture, long hours, the poor basic salary and the work load demanded by management.
Well i know the manager....
I know the manager extremely well, he lies and says theres no jobs available so he can have loads of licky bums working for him. He wouldn't know a real sales agent if they danced naked in front of him. I've known him for yeeeeeeeaaars.
Pros
Alright if the manager likes you
Cons
Not so great if the manager pretends to like you
Ok
Ok company to work for. Not much of a work life balance though because of very long hours. Good incentives and commission.
Are you ready to sell your soul
This company usually hires graduates and trains them to work like a machine. You work 11-12 hours a day without breaks. Sometimes you have to work during lunchtime too. That is insane. And managers are yelling constantly if you're not on the phone even if you don't have anyone to call. You have to lie for your candidates and clients too. I do not recommend if you are a human who have own ideas
Pros
Money
Cons
This job is not for everyone
The company is great !It´s big and its growing. But this job is not for everyone! You have to work long hours to make sure you place at least 1 candidate per month
Pros
great company benefits
Cons
very long hours
Fantastic opportunity
It's a fun place to work in with a clear career progression path. Most of managers are not brought in from outside but promoted from within. If you are ambitious enough, motivated and money hungry there is a great opportunity to make a lot of money as commission is uncapped and training is given to you at every step. Sales is not an easy job and you need to be prepared to be turned down and maintain a positive attitude and keep going. The opportunity is there for those who want to take it. The majority of your colleagues are young and like-minded, it is easy to fit in.
Pros
Great training, progression and uncapped commission
Cons
The hours are long but it is the same in any recruitment business
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nigel Frank International. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9