Nielsen
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Nielsen:

Nielsen Employee Reviews

The company is amazing, but the management in my department was very poor. The progression was not always deserved. How’re the salary is good, the work-life balance great , the opportunity to work from home is also a good benefit they offer
Benefits
Cons
There were many aspects of working at Nielsen I loved, but in the 18 months I worked there I had to endure personal attacks on my character and I wasn't the only one who had this happen. It started well with me getting promoted within 6 months of joining but there is a blame culture and a lack of personal responsibility which is endemic throughout the organisation. Such a shame as I was genuinely excited to join the company and built what I believe to have been a strong team.
Official response from Nielsen
13 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We strive to adhere to a culture where our associates can be themselves, make a difference, and grow in all of our locations around the world. We are disappointed to hear that this is not your experience. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to work on creating the best working environment for everyone.
I have had a good run at Nielsen, but the company needs to re-orient itself and is doing so (recently split into two businesses). Time will tell whether the business can adapt successfully to the new era of big data, AI, etc..
Lots of pressure and not much support in a fast paced corporate environment. Colleagues are friendly and approachable, but upper management are distant and delegators.
Nielsen is a global leader of market and media research and hence it is an experience to work with such a big organisation spanning across continents.
I liked my team and learning the role, however management was very negative and the job became very boring and repetitive very quickly. Travel all over Europe is required, sometimes with very little notice and there's no choice/flexibility on this.
Nielsen is a great place to work. The management is effective and the structure is flexible. It is also a production environment but job security is low and compensation not competitive.
Nice people but too many that are comfortable. Need to really work on recognising the good work of employees so that everyone feels rewarded and motivated
Work culture is good and gives flexibility to work from home for few days in a week. However, work pressure and team size has been a concern. Management is quite good and experienced.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home for a few days in a week
Cons
Office is in Oxford. Work pressure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nielsen?
Challenging and fun work independently Encouraging management team Flexible High workload but manageable team work delivering to client satisfaction
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Demanding
It's a good stepping stone to learn FMCG industries. Learned some diverse categories including Snacks, Coffee, Perishable foods. Developed good team player approach and flexibility in how to tackle difficult situations.
If you're good with tech / software / office / tableau this is a good place for you. You can find work-life balance and if you have the right attitude you can progress. Right now, there's big changes happening, driven by under-performance of the business in NYSE and poor stock price. Leadership and Org Structure is fast changing which combined with high churn of low rank people (those that acquire new skills in under 2 years and leave the company for better paying jobs) makes the culture a "teaching environment" or a "learn to swim with the sharks" (depending on your manager). Good if you're young, not great if you're not... more changes to come.
Pros
Work Life, New Offices, Access to Client VIPs
Cons
Conflicting Priorities, Constant ReOrg
Good Work - life balance with flexible working hours. Global company provides opportunities for development across the globe. Only con is the lack of structured processes leading to frustration.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Less structured support
nice associates, a lot of socializing. one can learn working in multicultural environment. the biggest difficulty is to bring a change and have a conclusive dialogue with the management in certain areas.
Was providing with the opportunity to work with the company by my university. It was a great opportunity to take advantage of, as it developed a range of skills.
You have to have a passion for market research. Day to day job is very rewarding, working on client projects that you come in contact with, through advertising.
A great company to work for. A typical day would be assisiting the client drive their business forweard through the delivey of insights helping add value on a daily business.
Good employees and very good products, working in a nice environment, smart offices and reasonable compensation and benefits. Good middle management.
Excellent company to work with. Fantastic client base, no two days are the same!, and my co-workers are the smartest in the business.
Working in Client Service at Nielsen is a great starting point of your career. They have really good training programs and it will give you experience as a sales manager, project manager, client manager and foremost analysis.
Pros
Gives you a really good background and you can go to any other role with confidence
Cons
It is stressful and you need to be able to keep a good work life balance
It was great working there. Nice owners and fun customers. Great atmosphere. I had a lot of responsibility and I did my job very good.