NIC Services Group Employee Reviews

Worst Cleaning company
Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire9 July 2019
Hours not paid because is no budget or paid for lower rate than contracted hours rate, holidays cancellation for everyone cleaners, supervisors, managers because came another one ......manager, area manager....because short of staff, because someone took sick. Boss telling you to do even not legal tasks, if someone spot that then getting rid of you. If you not willing to do it then "you not following management request" and getting rid of you.
Overall: do your job best for free and close your mouths, we not gonna pay you right any way.
Longer working-more dirt putting to your hands
Pros
No any
Cons
Hours working for FREE
dissapointed to say the least . Sainsburys
In Store Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Torfaen Sainsburys8 July 2019
NIC took over the cleaning contract in Febuary of 2019, I had worked for a different company at the same store for 7 yrs and never had any problems until NIC came along and what a joke , no support ,left to just get on with it , was doing the work of 4 others in my allocated hours with not even a thank you .9 people left the job in the space of 5 months , mostly due to the reviews the company had [ I know every work place has bad reviews but that's a joke, loved my job , never failed an audit in all the years I was there ,got on with the store managers and even they were disappointed that I left but they understand why , was even asked to come back by them ,but unless things change then I wont , all I wanted was the right cleaning equipment and some support then I would of stayed and just got on with it, like I did for the last 7 years.

went into store as I was local and I could of died with how bad the store was looking , dirty toilets , the place looked dirty and was looking bad. The staff that have come from another store should be ashamed of them selves if that's what they call cleaning then good luck to them as they need it , and its why I believe the company as a bad name for itself due to there staff as in they clean how they think they should instead of how its supposed to be done.

unless supervised they just seem to do what they like and Id go as far to say that some are there just to clock up the hours for more money
Cons
everything needs reviewing
Promoted to supervisor without the right pay still fighting for it now
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire7 July 2019
Do not work for this company mangers lie and never sort out problems sack ppl who try to fight back for the correct wage never able to get time off even if ur sick never get holidays even when ur entitled to them. Area manager no use lies too after 3 years I left couldn't take it anymore do not work for nic in Thornton cleveleys stores.
Not good management
Cleaning assistant (Former Employee) –  Alloa23 June 2019
Horrible company to be a part of. Not under good management. Dont listen to others ideas that might make the work place a better place for everyone including customers
Worst place ever avoid avoid avoid
Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Stirling20 June 2019
AVOID AT ALL COST this company is a joke
Get wages wrong drop you a the slightest thing
You take the flack for them and get no thanks area manager ignores you lack of training
Lack of staff just total abysmal joke
Pros
Cons
Everthink
An Excellent company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 May 2019
I have worked for NIC for three and change years until recently and I left on decent terms with the company.
my only issue is the chaotic hours and being asked to work at extreme distance from home at very early hours
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Chaotic shifts
unless you want stabing in the back stay away
CLEANING MANGER (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear23 May 2019
every pay day sone one is short and i was manger done just what they ask but union got involed said it was wrong so then people above me said never even talked to me it was down to me. got phone call saying i should have never used there name it was only advice I WAS LEFT OUT TO HANG TO DRY
Pros
Can pick own hours
Cons
There not back u or pay u right
Don't do it!
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Scotland21 May 2019
Just sit and think before working for these clowns! your area manager is the puppeteer who will pull the strings to ensure your "team" will lie backstab and ultimately make your time there as miserable as possible! You will have no support from your manager as there far too busy, you will be lucky to get a fulls day training. You will be expected to do the job with virtually no materials. You are ONLY a number!
Pros
Leaving
Cons
The entire company
Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stirling19 May 2019
Worst company ever! manager always rude, always telling lies. Was picked on for being a new start. I tried to bring to everyone's attention of missed dirty bits in toilets and was sent a whole load of abuse and reminded how i'm a new start so my opinion didn't matter. I would love for safe and legal to visit this store and have a wee look at all the bits they have missed (they make sure they run around like riots when expecting them) also all the products being used which aren't allowed! and being told to "hide" them! Would not recommend anyone in the world to work for NIC!
Pros
Wage
Official response from NIC Services Group
20 May 2019

Hi
We would like to assure you that we take these matters very seriously - please could you give us a call on 01132310210 so we can discuss this with you directly?

Good and proud room to progress
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Scotland Haven, Highland18 May 2019
This was a good job I was their for two years and they worked around my college hours
And they got my pay correct every single time
I will actually miss working here
Good staff and good in store cleaning manager
I had a chance to progress too
Pros
3 hours, nice staff
Cons
Shocking company to work for!
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 May 2019
I wouldn't rate this company at all. Very poor management and have no idea what they're doing. Treat staff unfairly , under pay you, Promise you the world and you get nothing, dont provide the things you need to do your job properly . Expect way too much from staff. If you want holidays you have to find your own cover! The list goes on! Avoid completely!
Don't Work For Them
Chef (Former Employee) –  Redruth, Cornwall17 May 2019
i had been working with them and when i was about to leave my job because of company reasons, i was trying to have my last holidays that was 2 weeks, but i was told by my manager i couldn't but this manager had more holidays than he should of had, so i called the higher up and told her about it, and she said i will get paid for my holidays, but when i lefted and was waiting for my last payment i found out they didn't, so i called them up about it and i was talking to the most rudest person on the phone saying "nope we can't do that" in a rude and angry tone, over and over again, so i demanded to talk to the higher up that i was talking to about my holiday pay but they wouldn't let me talk to her, but the man on the phone was being so rude and hanged up the phone, this company is literally taking away peoples money that they are working hard for to end up with nothing when they tell you that you will get this return but lies, lies, lies.
Pros
leaving
Cons
just don't work with them
Awful Company
Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff17 May 2019
I worked as a cleaning manager and was badly treated. I was left on my own had no cleaner for two weeks also the store I worked in I was left to pick up from the old cleaning company and had to do lots of deep cleans which i don't mind. Management are awful in the company. Getting results for cleaning where great. The retail store cut hours from the old cleaning company but wanted the same amount of work done. Pay is always wrong hours are always wrong/ My contract was wrong and would not change it. No one in management and the office cares.
Cons
Please avoid at all costs, this company is an absolute disaster
Instore manager (Former Employee) –  Dumfries10 May 2019
Was instore cleaning manager had no training, no support very little staff and what staff I did have had never had any holidays in over a year ,never seen my area manager only correspondence was thro emails at silly o'clock in morning wanting extra done ,,pay was always wrong for myself and my staff... no uniforms, no cleaning equipment .. and you don't get paid your 2weeks lie wages when u leave
Pros
The day i left
Cons
Everything about the company
Stay Well Clear
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough7 May 2019
Stay well clear as the title states. Management have no background in the industry. Man management is an alien concept. no structure, no support, no training, no equipment, no help, no face to face with regional 'support'
This company employs people who turn up to interview, jobs yours. People with no training or background in cooking left running units alone.
Wages are a joke, never right, or on time, management care little to none. exspense's never paid/ always late/ never right.
Whilst employed by this company i actually defaulted on my privately rented flat due to wages/exspenses not being paid-management still did not care. Left after 8 months as no choice- 3 months later im still awaiting final payments.
Even after 8 months, i was still waiting for a work email to be set up, a work phone, and a work laptop- i received none. Expected to do my job with 0 resources.

STAY WELL CLEAR
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Every Aspect Of The Entire Company
Good and fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Belper, Derbyshire6 May 2019
Not bad at all, working 3 hours per nigh. Learned how to use polish machine. Manager are very helpful,all staff are happy to help and friendly. Sometime is hard to work alone but in most of the days you are working in team so its easy :)
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
sometimes may need more then 3 hours to finish job
Stay away from this company
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Morrisons riversway4 May 2019
After 7 months, managers used constructive dismissal on me. Under paid every month, always taken advantage off, making me work 4 hours past the time I finish..

Worst company i have ever worked for.
Rubbish company. STAY AWAY
Instore Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  North East27 April 2019
Constantly spoken to like a piece of rubbish off store manager and lied to from area manager. Hardly had any holidays due to no staff and every month worked extra hours and not been paid for them.
Pros
Decent hourly rate.
Cons
Everything else.
Avoid ** scandalous employee treatment **
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 April 2019
I've been working for this company for six months. They have payed me wrong on two occasions, reduced my contacted hours without notice, when I asked why? The manager said the budget is the same, but minimum wage has gone up so he has to make savings only my hours have been cut and that they could change my hours and shifts to make my life more difficult if he wanted. Even thou I've had three shift changes in the last month, that I received very short notice (less than a week) for.

The uniform provided is poor. shirt to small, pants to big wrong size safety boots.

Managers are grossly underpaid for the work they do. they don't care about the the staff it's all about getting green audits.
Cons
Unreliable hours, shocking treatment of employees, no company benefits, ill fitting uniform, When you can get one.
NIC no in-house care
Cleaning Department (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom13 April 2019
I worked for this company for over a year and to start with it was fine.

However two month in I noticed things going wrong and the reasons I got for this was just a mad.

I also travelled for the company and you get promised the earth then get non of what they tell you.

I had one very polite lady come to me saying she had not been paid her last wage, Seven months down the line with me each month reminding the company they paid her and just to be clear I sent the information the same day I found out to the head office as I did each month till the person got paid.

Head office is a joke and blame is just passed around or made to go under the carpet.

A senior manager, that if you challenge the wrong doings will tell you she will just bin you out the door.

The wage never right and they lower the pay without warning or legal adjustable time frames being given same with hours.

If you drop a scanning machine which by the way is easy to fall off your arm, you are to pay nearly £ 500 out your wages accident or not

basically if they can find a reason not to pay you they will

You will fit in when needed and binned when don't

Plans your told to put in place your moaned at for putting in place.

A rule book your told to stick to gets over turned by an area manager who promises the stores the world because when walks out door it's back on your head, then your told off for doing what was agreed by the area manager including getting written warning.

ACAS know this company only to well and not for good reasons
Pros
Cons
They are good at Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIC Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.