NIC SERVICES GROUP LTD Employee Reviews

Great employer with good team
Cover Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Various2 August 2019
I am employed as a cover cleaner. I have learnt commercial and industrial cleaning tasks to BICS standard. This includes everything from standard damp wiping using microfiber cloths to mopping hard surfaces and vacuuming carpets using small cleaners to larger industrial ride on type machines.
I also have been trained on carpet cleaning and how to use a buffer and scrubber driers for more in-depth cleaning.
Nic cleaning
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gallowgate Glasgow31 July 2019
Worst cleaning Company, constantly employed staff then sack them within 6 weeks,
incorrect wages, 2 weeks lying time, don't get paid for those 2 weeks,made up Excuses when you asked about your shortfall in wages.
Large turnover in staff, sickness, nasty manager.
Constantly changing your Rotas
STAY WELL AWAY
Nic
Chef (Former Employee) –  Lydney, Gloucestershire24 July 2019
Worst place i ever worked management are a joke dont bother if u want to get talked to like your no one thats the place for you nic joke company leave to work on your own when its a two person job
Biggest bunch of cowboys!
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Wales15 July 2019
Avoid this company at all costs, idiots that work in payroll have no idea how to pay correctly! Make sure you join a union if working for this bunch of cowboys as you will need them!
Pros
Cons
No organisation, theiving Bandits!
Fun supportive reliable
Cleaning Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow1 June 2019
Great to work for, like all companies they have there ups and downs but we all support eachother from day to day. Paid on time every time if pay is wrong they are onto this right away. Great team who are striving to go further by supporting younger folk into management.
Pros
Supportive
Okay to work for.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh30 May 2019
Had no problems to say. Have to give 4 Weeks notice for holiday. 24 hours notice if you're I'll got on with cluster manager and area manager who will help you as much as possible
Pros
Morning work
Housekeeper via NIC, falsely promoted Manager
Housekeeper/falsely promoted to Manager. (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire28 May 2019
No training High staff turnover
Shift changes/little notice/over pressure staff/false promise promotion Resentful Managers
NIC is not worth your time
Pros
Cons
Resentful managers. Awful atmosphere
productive
Cleaning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birtley, Tyne and Wear28 May 2019
A typical day working with this company would be,
on entering the store you seek and gather any particular parts of the store that additionally jump out at you and need cleaning as soon as possible and carry out the procedure as quickly as possible.
cleaning customer and staff toilets effectively and maintaining a clean and tidy store at all times.
During my time here i learned to be more outgoing and built up my customer service skills, learnt to interact and work more as a team.
Great to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire1 May 2019
I've worked as an in store cleaner for over a year, I felt appreciated and enjoyed my time with NIC. I've received a very good training and there was prospects to move up.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Hours can be long
It's Hard but can be rewarding
Venues Manager (Current Employee) –  Lufc12 April 2019
Working for NIC is not easy, I started as a cleaning manager in store and kept doing a good job with the staff I had, we worked long hours or everyday for a while standards got better and we had time off.
I was then given more stores to audit and run so we travelled around the area getting stores up to a better standard.
I have worked in various accounts for NIC from Morrison's To Yorkshire Water and Aldi, I'm Currently Running Lufc that is a very challenging Roll but it's fun when Game Day comes around.
To summerise it all, Yes it's hard work but very Rewarding when you see the outcome of the hard work.
Pros
Varied work
Cons
Can be very long days
Canny place to work
Janitor/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Chester-le-Street, Durham7 April 2019
With me working at Tesco in Chester Le street and having a sick child the work life and family law fe balance is fantastic. The shifts I work are short and full of things to keep you busy.

I don't know much of NIC but working in a supermarket as popular as tesco is a plus and helps the day go by that little bit faster.
Pros
Seeing different people daily, short shifts, training, family and work balance
Pay
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidstone27 March 2019
Would never work for this company they never pay you your right wages and when you follow it up they say you haven’t signed in and things to not have to pay you all because I left they have left me in a lot of money problems as never paid me right since been there
Company is a joke end of
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elland20 March 2019
Worst company ive ever worked for after two months i decided to leave didnt like the way they treated staff or the way the fiddled audits.
In my own time i tried to do odd errands using my own vehicle and fuel tried to help them out but got reprimanded instead thats what type of company they are says it all doesnt it.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Great company to work for
Cleaning manager (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall27 February 2019
I work as a cleaning manager at truro Tescos for nic and i love my job and my team , nic leave you to get on with the job in hand , but are there to support you if needed, never had a problem with my pay and get job satisfaction when you achieve good audit score
Pros
Great team, left to get on with your job
Cons
Early start
Worthless experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Banchory, Aberdeenshire21 February 2019
Management were friendly, can't say as such for the staff. Being left alone to work on my own. Don't trust anybody else's truth. High staff turnover and cliques of the lowest order.
Pros
Some
Cons
Lots
Ok
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent5 February 2019
The company was set up to take over the Tesco kitchens and since it has opened it has ok to work for them the customer are nice most of them are very helpful
Cons
Hardly see management
Cleaner
CLEANER (Current Employee) –  floors, UK30 January 2019
I enjoy working with this company very supportive and caring organisation, would definately recommend any to consider taking up job with them if the are looking near ideal company
Dont work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire9 January 2019
I worked for this company for a good few months and got moved around like a yoyo.
Because I had a conviction (which the manager knew about) as soon as the STORE manager got wind of this they told me to leave the building right away as they don't like people with convictions.

I tried my best to get in touch with my manager to update her on this, about 3-4 hours later I got a text saying "You never told me the truth about you're conviction (when I did) and got told not to go back and all the over time I had done will NOT be paid"

So I would advise people NOT to apply for any jobs with this company
Pros
Cons
To many
Staff instore were on the whole nice
Kitchen Manager/Chef (Former Employee) –  East Sussex8 January 2019
Avoid like the plague, management can't be bothered to ring you back, totally disorganized and don't tell you full job description, if you use public transport, and they want you in to work the shift, they tell you to get a taxi, they will reimburse the the taxi fair. Well they don't so stear clear of this company
Pros
Free meals while working
Cons
Cheat you out of your reimbursement of money
Not Recommended
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westhill, Aberdeenshire3 January 2019
I worked at the Westhill Tesco for about a month before getting told that I had to work weekends and early in the morning, if I did not comply with this they will terminate my employment with them.

This was troubling as my contract was only to work 18 hours a week, whenever I wanted and that I could take days off but unfortunately I lived quite far away and there was no way to get me there on those days. Plus I had to work at different locations too, which was nearly impossible for me.

I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
short hours
Cons
ask you to work more but if you decline they fire you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIC SERVICES GROUP LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2