NHS Employee Reviews

Management are difficult to work with
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Castlerock10 August 2018
Fast paced environment, irrational managers who have since left the company. Lovely staff who work well together despite the pressures being put upon them.
Productive and safe, fun place to work
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Middlesex university hospital9 August 2018
I enjoyed working within the NHS and will continue to work there, I have learnt and develop a lot of new skills and my co- workers are fun to work with. They care not only about the patient but for the individuals they are working with.
I personally will encourage anyone to work in the NHS because it’s a rewarding job at the end of the day you have a sense of accomplishment knowing that you have made a big difference and contribute into individuals lives.
Pros
Attractive pay
Professional workplace.
Podiatry (Former Employee) –  Exeter9 August 2018
This was a week's work experience where I learnt many skills and improved my confidence by speaking to a variety of different aged clientele. I also worked in the hospital to see what kind of jobs you do in different environments.
Pros
Very professional, good hours.
Cons
Unpaid work
Helpful, laid back
Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester8 August 2018
Friendly, supportive colleagues who were patient and informative during on-the-job training.
Well paid position with flexible work hours and contract.
enjoyable job
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunderland8 August 2018
i enjoy working as a health care assistant although the job can be demanding at times being able to support people in their time of need is very rewarding
Usually good ethos and positive
Dietitian: locum and temporary posts. (Former Employee) –  London6 August 2018
Mostly I enjoyed the work. the best part was actually working to support people with their dietary needs and presenting material to groups. The frustrations were the time spent looking for patients who were away from the wards.
Pros
Working with clients satisfying
Cons
Time taken to locate patients
Underpaid and overworked
Bank Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Inverness5 August 2018
Although working in Raigmore hospital is at times very fulfilling and satisfying.Especially with regards the patients you assist or the staff that you meet. The overall stress for what the nursing auxiliaries have to do,or are expected to do, is just not worth the hourly rate that you get. You are not only doing the work of a nursing auxiliary. You are doing the work of a domestic and the work of those auxiliary nurses that get paid a higher band than you.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Long hours within a very stressful environment.
I was left to fend for myself
RTT Data Quality Validiator (Former Employee) –  Gloucester3 August 2018
It was an odd place to work, at least it was in the department that wasn't a department that I found myself in. It all felt experimental and that, coupled with a lack of managerial-led parameters to give my role some structure, I was constantly left wondering if I was doing well or not. Very, very odd.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
I was largely ignored
tedious, challengeing
Health Advisor/Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 August 2018
whilst working with patinets on a day to day basis is a very fun and interesting challenge, the fact that this was based in a call centre out weighed that for me personally
Theatre Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chester1 August 2018
A lot of management areas are very poorly chosen, more friends of friends or chosen from good rapor with other managers regardless of competency.

A lot of people who work there are mainly interested in getting their money and leaving and the care and passion slips away for a lot of people shortly after working there. A lot of this is a shame as a lot of employees start with mass enthusiasm but then have it taken away due to pay cuts, longer hours, more work, more delegation from management, staff shortages in nursing and amdin areas but increases in management roles
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Being completely underminded
20 years means nothing!
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devon31 July 2018
Worked for the NHS for the best part of 20 years, one mistake has now meant I have lost my job and career, management needs to change and so do staff training, management need to treat staff with more respect.

Never trust anymore, people you think are friends are not. Keep work as work.
Can be rewarding
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Royal Surrey County Hospital31 July 2018
If you enjoy helping people and have a strong mind then the job could suit you.

Typical day includes checking answer machine to see if any calls came in after the previous evenings shift.
Extremely Busy
ward clerk/ receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwich31 July 2018
I worked in various departments, each one completely different. Some had supportive management, others had awful management. Staff morale was very low in some departments
Pros
uniform
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norwich30 July 2018
I was a housekeeper on the maternity department. I worked really hard to get the job and left my previous secure employment in the hope that it would help me get closer to my goal of becoming a midwife once my children were older. I wasn’t offered car parking but wasn’t told until I started, which made my life harder. I had to buy a bike to ride for miles which was exhausting between the school run and being on my feet for hours without a break. I had no training and was left to wonder the wards without knowing what I was doing. I wasn’t ever given my uniform, despite ordering it a month before I started so just had to wear scrubs. I didn’t make one relationship with anyone after my two months of working there. People would ignore me, or stare blankly at me and I am a friendly person! I worked hard and at the weekends from 8am but always felt unnoticed and unappreciated. And to top it off, I had my pay messed up several times (I wasn’t paid at all for 6 weeks and then was I was paid it was only 60%) and HR couldn’t give a ! They said it was human error. I nearly lost my home and decided to hand my notice in before I walked out.
Pros
Literally none!
Cons
Clicky colleagues, manager had no time for me, HR were about as useful as a chocolate tea pot, no parking, no training, no empathy for employees families.
Very supportive and understanding colleagues
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon30 July 2018
It is a very rewarding job but it is very stressful.
The management is very supportive and understanding, flexible, your opinion is listened to and counted.
Friendly
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom29 July 2018
Good team to work for. Lots of benefits like training and lots of courses to help you progress. All staff work as part of a team and pull together when needed.
Pros
NHS discount
Cons
Good
Accommodation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull29 July 2018
Interesting job roles
Varied work
Helpful management
Good team work
Opportunities for growth and development
Good working hours
Helpful staff
Good policies
Fair treatment of staff
Temporary posıtıon wıth Hays Recruıtment.
Telephonist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Derby29 July 2018
Thıs was a part tıme temporary posıtıon whıch I enjoyed. The staff and management was very respectful and I enjoyed my tıme there. Thıs posıtıon wasn,t challengıng enough for myself I prefer more publıc contact and to be proactıve.
Short staff leading to poor communication
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  oxfordshire27 July 2018
Poor communication between management. I loved my role personally but the arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing and sadly a case of too many cooks!
Pros
pension
Cons
poor communication
Excellant team work
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire27 July 2018
Has always been excellant working within the nhs and all the changes over the years.At the station I am based everyone works well as a team and everyday I feel I'm doing my work to my best abililty
Pros
Good Company