NHS Employee Reviews

Positive, supportive and collabrative workplace
Associate Counselor, Professional Placement (Former Employee) –  Walton Hospital, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England12 October 2018
Resolve Staff Support Services is a counseling service for staff of DCHS part of the National Health Service offering brief 1-to-1 counselling, team support, providing confidential individual, brief counselling for personal and work-related issues as well as performed client assessment and client management. I practiced Integrative counseling using PCA, Attachment Theory including Continuing Bonds, CBT and TA.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
The NHS was going through a structual change which was stressful.
Windsor Clinic
pathway Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool12 October 2018
worked in this role for 7 years in Addictions.

Learnt a lot on dealing with service users.
enjoyed a lot of skills from management and other colleagues
Pros
none really
Cons
colleagues and staff worked with
busy
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk10 October 2018
busy and long hours
staff not very friendly
location over several offices
not much help available if it was needed
travelled to meetings several times per week
Pros
Cons
not very helpful
Information and advice officer
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee) –  Islington, Greater London10 October 2018
EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE ...from the different backgrounds every day. I am also working as Information and advice Officer for long years dealing with the Turkish speaking people from the different cultures. Most of the cases related to Welfare benefits, Housing and other statutary benefits.
Very good company to work for
Trust Service Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Watford9 October 2018
Very busy and rewarding environment to work in.
Had the opportunity to study and gain new qualification while in the job.
Worked with a very good team.
Not bad
Temporary Recruitment Agent (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent9 October 2018
Full training was given and whilst the job was fast paced, the team and individual nature of the calls made the experience rather enjoyable for the duration of my temporary contract.
Working in a GP practice
GP Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  North London9 October 2018
I feel that the NHS is a very valuable organisation and feel privileged to have worked in this company. What I enjoy about the organisation is that you meet so many people who are in need of your help and hopefully you will be able to ensure they get the right treatment and in the correct time through what you do.

I also like the interaction with the medical teams both in primary care and secondary care, as you can put peoples minds at ease or point them in the right direction as to what they need to do.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to answer patient questions to put there minds at ease this can sometimes be very frustrating as the various bodies can not give you a clear answer due to issues out of there control.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Not being able to get the answers needed
Great place to work staff all lovely
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Livingston9 October 2018
I work at 5 to 7.30 at health centre my job is cleaning rooms and srubbing and buffing tempting bins clean g toilets I love the challenge and enjoy working around people
Family friendly
Biomedical Scientist (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester8 October 2018
Worked in the NHS for 20 years, family friendly policy is good.
Working hours are flexible although shift work can be tough
Opportunities for further academic study are fewer than in the past
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
night shifts
Busy and productive working days
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canterbury8 October 2018
Days were very busy with lots of work to do, so pressure was high to get all the jobs done but it kept you busy all day so there is never a dull moment. Staff were all very friendly.
Pros
Short lunch
Teamwork
Theatre assisant (Former Employee) –  Royal stoke8 October 2018
Worked great as a team, nice staff, manager was great, enjoyed my job so much I left to do my training in the hope to go back once I’ve trained! Great
A fun workplace
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester7 October 2018
I learnt a lot while working here. I met a lot of new people, including staff and patients. I built new relationships with the patients and it made my time and their time there more enjoyable. It also enabled me to change peoples lives for the better, I loved this the most.
Lovely place to work
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire6 October 2018
Providing support for those at their most vulnerable is the best thing you could do, to know you made a difference to someone's life by helping them with just the simplest of tasks in their time of need.
Challenging yet rewarding
Specialist Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  South East6 October 2018
A typical day will include...Collecting new referrals generally 4-8 daily sometimes less sometimes more, assessment of new referrals and planning interventions, ward rounds and MDT meetings, liaising with community teams, assessing cognition and perception of patients and prescribing complex equipment for their dc planning, providing 45 mins of rehabilitation to each patient on my case load, reviewing and discharging cases, keeping up with stats and documentation, liaising with discharge coordinators and providing reasoning for longer stay patients. Supervising junior staff. All before tea break ..if you get one!
Working in the acute NHS setting can be challenging yet dynamic and rewarding, my colleagues are supportive and never cease to amaze me ... it takes a resilient and dedicated personality to work in the acute setting of the NHS. I have often looked about me to find committed role models to keep me focused.
Pros
CPD time, clinical development and supervision.
Cons
not enough time in the day to do everything expected in NICE guidance
Being made redundant
Senior Project Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire6 October 2018
Have enjoyed working here and have gained a lot of experience that will help shape my future. If the office was to remain open, my future would be on a different path.
Productive and Customer Satisfaction
HEALTH ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Colchester5 October 2018
Excellent place if you care about customer satisfaction and practice your medical skills and knowledge

Rewarding and maintains work life balance

Satisfaction of patient experience
Poor service for staff
Snr Med Secretary (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire5 October 2018
Although most of the consultants were a pleasure to work for some very definitely were not. Most of the staff worked flexible hours but ensuring their clinic times were covered. The management all had different approaches to the work load, which made our days difficult
Pros
flexible hours as long as core hours worked
Brampton cottage hospital
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Cumbria4 October 2018
All I can say is this would be a fantastic place to work if the two senior nurses who think they own the place were retired off. It's like working in the 1960s.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Nights and days on the same week
Secure Place to Work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire4 October 2018
NHS Forth Valley is a secure place to work with good benefits and pension scheme.

NHS is overall not a bad place to work, however there are still some old school bullying cultures around. The staff are generally very nice to each other and teams work well together. However the sometimes present lack of dignity and respect within the workplace lets it down.

Medical staff are some of the best in the country.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Dignity and respect from others
Boring and no life
Ambulance Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield3 October 2018
You work three out of four weekends. No chance of that changing - ever! The Clinicians speak to you like rubbish. It is drilled into your brain that if you are EVER stuck or worried for a patient for example - not happy with the disposition or the outcome of care to ring through to clinicians. Don't. They be-little you and treat you like rubbish. The experience was great, dealing with all sorts of situations - so be ready for it! The abuse from patients is not worth it though - if there is a call back being arranged all call handler lie to patients as sometimes they can be up to 3 hours (sometimes longer) for a call back.
Pros
Flexibility with shifts
Cons
No life, managment, clincians