NHS Employee Reviews

Found 3,819 reviews matching the search See all 4,069 reviews
friendly
ISS Catering, Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mickleover29 October 2018
working in the Catering Dept
Assisting with the catering duties, helping the Chef in the kitchen
Preparing the food, cutting vegetables and salad
Cleaning, preparing work surfaces for the chef
washing and disinfect areas to the highest standards
Assisting in the Hospitality Dept
Pros
Friendly
Cons
half hour lunch
good place to work to benefit others
Medical Secretary, Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire28 October 2018
good place to work to benefit patients.
can go to work every day and know that you are making a change for the better in patient care and experience.
I have learned a lot about the inner workings of the NHS and the struggles which it faces.
Blame culture
Appointments Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey26 October 2018
My colleagues in the appointment centre are marvellous considering the awful management they have to endure, no praise for a job very well done, just criticism from the Outpatient general manager, a petty, power hungry woman!
Pros
Colleagues, job security
variety and fun
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire26 October 2018
variety in queries
great confidence builder
hardest part of the job is management within the company
meet new people
love helping people
learning new systems
work with a good bunch of receptionists
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
bad communication between management
Tempory position
Temp administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 October 2018
Enjoyed my time there - working with lovely people who welcomed me although I was a temp.

Good team nights out and if you had any problems there was always someone to help.
low staff moral
Health Care Assistant-Flexi Bank (Current Employee) –  Wirral24 October 2018
more money needs to be spent on front line staff such as doctors, nurses, care support workers. There needs to be stricter policies and systems in place to protect staff from abusive patients.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
stressful
Demanding but fulfilling
Trustee (Former Employee) –  Liecester24 October 2018
A patient-led charity, giving a voice to patients.
The challenge is to separate the signal from the noise. Patients are experts in their own condition. What the NHS is looking for is direction towards services that meet patient needs, yet recognising that 'one size does not fit all' No one said it is easy!
My function is to listen to patients and distill their experiences into words that statutory services can understand and take action on.
This involves holding 'focus groups' with patients - both in groups and individually. I then analysed the results and presented them, both in oral presentations and in written reports.
Fun workplace
Hca (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 October 2018
Assisting patients with getting out of bed and with mobility and washing and dressing when required and assisting with taking them for their meals and making breakfast serving it to all patients and making sure all kitchen area and dining rooms are clean and all washing up is done ,when patients have finished there meals we would help with assisting patients back to their room or to the lounges to watch tv. Patients rooms would be made clean of any soiled items and put into the right bags and bin containers and beds would changed and made fresh after breakfast I would go around with tea for the patients after I would answer any call bells from patients who needed assistance ,then prepare tables for dinner ,
Pros
Sick pay
Fun
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire23 October 2018
i did work experience at the NHS and it was very educational
the team i worked with were very friendly and it was very fun to work in that environment.
Can Be enjoyable
Part Time Band 2 CSW/HCA (Former Employee) –  Basildon23 October 2018
Enjoyable meeting people and difficult keeping up to date with training due to work load. Working a variety of tasks during the day and working shift work
Brilliant company
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire22 October 2018
I have loved working for the NHS. I have progressed so much and achieved more than I thought I could. I am definitely more confident within myself and my abilities
N/a
Administrative Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London22 October 2018
Working in community nursing as an only admin is bad. Most nurses look down on you and treat you like their PA. Management are not very supportive an leave you on your own most of the time. Expect you to handle clinical and non clinical inquiries. Like most NHS staff only look out for themselves.
best family i've made
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harefield22 October 2018
So after doing the ISS private patient hostess, a vacancy opened to become a HCA the sister of the ward loved me and she saw potential in me. So i took the job and didn't regret one minute of it!
I basically did everything that a nurse does expect for IV's and medication. But mainly it was, showering patients, getting them ready for surgery, taking bloods, putting in cannulars, removing cannulars, removing catheters, admitting patients, consolidating families that have loss there loved ones, doing blood pressures, staying in a room with a patient if the were confused and calming them down, making there beds every morning.
Pros
Holidays were amazing
Cons
nothing really
Friendly, Professional
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne22 October 2018
Great Team, Supportive, Always a Adviser to contact when required, Training availability, Good choice of available locations to suit your needs and experience.
Pros
Guaranteed to find you a shift
Cons
Long hours, travelling
Great employer
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Plymouth20 October 2018
Great employer. Staff focused and as long as you are a hard worker you will go far. Occ health support . Friendly and dynamic. Has lots of on site stores now where as years ago it didn’t.
Pros
Everything above
Cons
Paying to park to go to work
Fun workplace
Pharmacy - G Atkins Chemist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2018
I was able to observe many job roles in the practice and how they were all linked. This helped me recognize that all workers in the practice get through the day with teamwork.
Nhs
Community Assistant Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk19 October 2018
Excellent working environment, can be a slightly stressful at the month’s end to achieve the reports. Excellent benefits good working life balance and progression is possible.
Same as the last one
Patient Pathway Assistant (Current Employee) –  Epsom19 October 2018
Why do I have to do this.

I'm looking for a new job as I don't like the one that I'm currently at. No oportunity to progress. No praise, not appreciated.
A solid organisation
Specialist Development Scheme Officer (SDS) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 October 2018
A solid organisation which enabled me to gain experience in a variety of areas with much flexibility. Good management and overall team ethos. Positive experience.
Disgusting management
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tooting, Greater London18 October 2018
Management test their luck to see how much they can get away with unloading on you. They expect you to stay behind all the time but don’t allow you to ever take that time back. Management have no idea what they’re doing and steal your ideas to look good to higher management. All co-workers complain and many leave but nothing is ever done. They make you feel uncomfortable and force you to do jobs outside of your job description and against health and safety policies. Management did no allow prayer breaks, and when complaints were made to higher management they agreed. Manager at this branch even mentioned racist and derogatory comments, and when a formal complaint was made to HR they completely disregard and flip it back on you making you feel like you’ve done something wrong by standing up to racism. And once you leave they keep pestering to make sure you don’t go to press. Absolutely dreadful because of the dictatorship of a management.
Pros
Food options nearby and nice colleagues.
Cons
Disgusting management, pressuring and prejudice.

Comment – 23 October 2018

I am sorry to read your feedback as this is not the experience we would want or expect for any of our colleagues. Can you contact me at jane.benstead@nhsbt.nhs.uk so we can discuss this in more detail?