NHS Employee Reviews

not good work enviroment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warrington21 May 2018
the environment and staff are not friendly and there is zero employee engagement form a management leve.
management offers no direction or advise to employee . there is no work review program in place. as such most employees do what they want and the team suffers as a result
If your face fits
Falicities (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks20 May 2018
You are not all treated the same, the newly appointed charge hand and supervisor have their favourites, and are never available to talk to,and if you manage to find them they donot listen to your concern,if you are a loyal,motivated employee,this means nothing ,there is a supervisor on site ,who will try to help ,this is the person most of us go to even thought their hands are tied ,you need to talk to someone.
Pros
Enjoyable job
Cons
Not so enjoyable work colleges
clerical assistant
LSS - Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex20 May 2018
On a typical day I help set up the clerical side of the clinic. I phone patients to remind them of their appointments in the following week, make future appointments for the patients and also input information to a secure patient management database.
Ideal workplace
Shadowing at Wycombe General Hospital (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire19 May 2018
There was good communication within the team. There was respect as well as efficient teamwork among colleagues. Everyone was serious towards their work.
Good and bad points
Commercial R&D Manager (Former Employee) –  Fife17 May 2018
Good job security, wages and pension. Can be highly stressful.All services are over stretched. There are a wide variety of opportunities. Worth a look.
workplace
Health Visitor Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford16 May 2018
Loved my job within the NHS
Got help and nurturing trying to improve both my job role and skills to upgrade to a higher and different job role
As with any job nothing is safe at the moment with cuts
Great work colleagues
Pros
help with education and new skills
Cons
my job role was not a high enough wage
small department
Office Manager and for local PPIP Office (Former Employee) –  Hereford16 May 2018
this was a small department to work in and I was only employed as a temp the staff were exceptional to work with. There were a lot of meetings to keep precise notes for
Hectic but rewarding
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford16 May 2018
An ever changing environment that was a joy to work in until the end.

Budget cuts and the erosion of services lead to an environment of minimizing risk was to lock the ward at all times. Not helpful when trying to comfort the restless mind of the patients.

Too much bureaucracy
Pros
free food and making a difference
Cons
government poking there nose in
enjoyable and supportive workplace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hill16 May 2018
A typical day at work , I was supported by my line manager and the rest of the staff . I learnt a lot for the staff on clinical matters. the management are helpful and friendly and they create a user friendly atmosphere .
the hardest part of the job is trying to understand the routine within the ward and the enjoyable part of the job is having a collaborative working environment working as a team
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
short breaks
Was interesting
Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands16 May 2018
There was a lack of management in my opinion. Projects being approved without critical checks being undertaken. Pay was always on time, people were friendly.
Fun place to work in
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester14 May 2018
Enjoy working for the nhs but I want a change of career and hoping to go further if possible I keep asking to do more stuff where I am but they are not listening and getting nowhere and having my NVQ 2 and NVQ 3 are just going to waste
Cons
Long and short hours and i can be flexible and reliable
Fantastic people!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Worcester14 May 2018
The staff dedication under enormous pressure can only be admired. We may moan a little but miss it a lot when we have left. More people need to be shown what the NHS staff do on a daily basis.
busy and productive
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  uk14 May 2018
working for the nhs like any company has its ups and its downs. over the past four years that i have worked for the nhs i have had a good time. there can be a lot of politics involved but it all depends whether you let that get to you. there are many hard working managers, nurses, healthcare assistants working behind the scenes to ensure good patient care, good housekeeping of their wards, good communication skills. its a very demanding job working in the nhs but thats how you thrive.
Fun workpace.
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Southmead, Bristol11 May 2018
Meet many different people and learn many new skills. There is a wide variety of jobs available and everyone is very welcoming and polite. The hardest part of the job is thinking you have not done enough to help someone.
Waiting Lists/Choice & Access Booking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire11 May 2018
Very enjoyable job and lots going on. They are good at training and keeping up to date with any changes and advancements. Great working within the smaller teams
its the NHS
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Mansfield11 May 2018
What can you really say, it's the NHS, they have their pro's and cons as with all jobs. the benefits you get from working for the NHS are great EG: pension, unsocial hours pay, bank holiday rates, sickness
good team environment
Mental Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Haverfordwest10 May 2018
working for the NHS is very good =, the team environment is very helpful and make the shift a lot easier as everyone is working together to get everything done and provide patients with the best possible care.
Pros
discounts in loads of places
Cons
At times flexilble ace to work.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Essex9 May 2018
It can be challenging place but rewarding at the same time. There are relative good training opportunities but can be waiting a long time to progress. The skills required for the salary unfortunately is not enough and departments always seem short of staff. I have learned a lot in my time working for this organisation but hope the future will get better. It has become undervalued unfortunately.
Pros
Sickness policy and pension scheme
Cons
Shortage of staff
Nhs
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Blackpool9 May 2018
Never had a problem working for the NHS i enjoyed it very much and cannot fault it from a workers point of view during the time that i worked under the NHS nursing bracket
Pros
good pay
Admin Assistant
Clerical Officer and Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derriford Plymouth8 May 2018
0800 - 1600 Did not learn anything. I was suffering from a stroke and I was working to try and remove it. I really enjoyed the time I had with the people I worked with.