NHS Employee Reviews

Not too bad
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Surbiton, Greater London10 September 2018
It was quite helpful in terms of getting experience but all the other employees seem to be very unenergetic which makes you feel a bit same and makes you not want to enjoy your work as much
Institution
Various Administration/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 September 2018
need to buck the trend, change management tactics, poor work ife balance, need to reward and appreciate staff and their commitment. improve training regime,
Hard work, really sad at times
Health Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside9 September 2018
Hard work, patients always verbally abusive towards staff. you dont always get a break,which is hard on long shifts. The pay is good but the shifts patterns make you ill, earlys ,lates nights. It's not a healthy work environment.
Great employers
Nursing Auxiliary (Current Employee) –  Exeter9 September 2018
I am on the Staff Bank, and so the job is very flexible for my work/home life balance. I go to a variety of different areas and I have learnt a lot in such a short amount of time. I feel that there will always be room for personal development and to progress throughout the bandings. Unfortunately. the work load so high but I believe this will always be the case considering the NHS is under so much pressure. Overall, they are a great company to work for and I have not any grievances.
A good place to do my work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire7 September 2018
During my week of work experience I was tasked with dealing with the mail and delivering the mail throughout the Health Centre. I was also tasked with pulling and filing records along with photocopying duties. I enjoyed the experience as it allowed me to have a small insight into what it would be like in a job and it also allowed me to develop and learn skills that I could use such as managing my time efficiently and working as a team with others who I had never met before.
Enjoyable
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Surrey6 September 2018
I was on a temporary contract and I really enjoyed my position but you never know when they would get rid of you so it was quite devastating when they told me they didn't need me anymore although they did give me about 6 weeks notice.
Working with nice people
Handyman/Plumber (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 September 2018
I enjoyed working in NHS Estates. There are many problems with the NHS as we all know but the people are invariably nice in my experience. Pay is not good below Director level but you know that before you start. Things like job security generally compensate for this.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
NHS specific issues, poor pay.
The nhs
CLINICAL PHYSIOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  NHS5 September 2018
I had worked in the nhs since leaving school in 1977. I have always enjoyed my work but in recent years felt support for service imporvemnet and delivery was lacking from senior management to a point where I took early retirement.
interesting
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2018
great as a career if you start young. not so great for older workforce. good job security. salary not too bad. lots of ongoing training which has to be done in your own time
Extremely social environment with a lot of fun involved
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne4 September 2018
Working for the NHS was a blast, some days it was gruelling but worth it. The people were amazing, most of them anyways, and growing your work ethic in the nhs is the best thing to do.
Pros
Social aspect
Cons
Annoying visitors
Support & Training
Healthcare Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen3 September 2018
Support from Clinical and Non Clinical Staff Second to none, Amazing Work Experience,

First Class Staff and Care Environment. Thoroughly enjoyed my time in post.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Work Life Pattern
Professional and excellent work environment
Ward Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London3 September 2018
Positive work environment
Able to be of help
Highly professional managers and supervisors
Opportunities for career progression
A wide variety of tasks and learning opportunites
Very supportive colleagues
Pros
All round great work environment
Cons
Slightly long travelling times
hotel service assistant
hotel service assistant (Former Employee) –  scarsdale chesterfield3 September 2018
Is ok if your were able to work evenings.
colleagues ok to work with
ideal for someone only being able to work evenings and part time.
Free uniform and training provided
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
evenings shifts
Relaxed and friendly
patient records clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol3 September 2018
I would retrieve patient records files and package them to be sent to hospitals in the Bristol area.

As this was my first job after university I learned a lot about what is required in terms of professionalism.

I enjoyed the friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Delight
Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oxford3 September 2018
It was an interesting place to work at. Though the Recruitment Company was having problems with my application, but the atmosphere was very friendly and I had lots to do, though there were problems that were caused by outside forces.
you progress but not for
shift leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 September 2018
the job can be very hard at times but might be more fufilling for people who are caring it can be full of paper work and red tape and very clicky with your group and my group
Pros
you can progress
Cons
too tttooooo clicky
Midwife assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnet31 August 2018
Very busy working environment and alot to learn and enhance your knowledge. Very rewarding job can be challenging but defiantly worth it.hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult aspects in life
Working for NHS
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Various31 August 2018
I enjoyed my years in the NHS but wanted to try something different after manyyears working there. I saw many changes over the years, some of which were positive but some were not.
Pros
pension
Cons
bureaucracy
Mnhs
NHS (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 August 2018
This is a normal NHS provider that offer NHS benefits and conditions working the pension is not as good as can be but is better than most
you know the rest working for the NHS
Work experience
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire30 August 2018
had a positive experience with NHS human resources work experience. Although there was not much to do due to the confidential nature of the job the staff were very accommodating