Here to help: Coronavirus update

NHS Pay & Benefits reviews

United Kingdom3,349 reviews
Fast paced and under paid
Working for multiple NHS Dental practices they are fasted paced and over worked. The teams are good, depends on manager. Pay isn't great as dental nurses are under rated anyway.
Pros
new friends
Cons
long days
Nhs
Working for the nhs is very rewarding , you work long hours helping people from all diffrent backgrounds . It can be demanding but you get support from others
Love my job
Love working for NHS, but unfortunately minimum wage does not pay the bills if you are single and have no one else contributing.
The job is great as are the people including the GP’s I work for, but it is not a financially viable position.
Very low paid job
I love my job being able to help the public some times you get a good team to work with the pension is good you pay for your parking sadly you dont get a full break sadly you wont get the support you need from line managers or anyone else come to that and if you get assaulted by a agency nurse like I did dont be surprised as it will get brushed under the carpet. But good luck andenjoy
I took a role far beneath my capabilities when professional roles did not pan out, so it's hardly surprising that the salary is not that brilliant. Job security and advancement are not relevant, this is a port in a storm but I'm working with great people and really enjoying continual patient contact.
great team work
Work is fast paced and, frontline and working to timescales and accuracy is of upmost importance.
the holidays, sickness pay and pensions are all very good, but pay is average unless you work unsociable hours and weekends where you get enhancements and it makes your money up.
management seem very reactive and not proactive.

unions are a lot weaker than they used to be, with less stewards than before.

overall a great place to work, good team work, but not much advancement for admin staff should you wish to progress
Senior health care assistant
I work in a&e very busy and fast. Every shift is different. Staff are lovely and support each other. Some days you get a good shift other days u have a bad shift or a upsetting shift especially if someone dies ie a child .
Pros
We are all one big family and look out for each other.
Cons
Salary not enough for what we are faced with we put our health and life at risk.
Difficult but rewarding
Two years spent as a junior doctor in the NHS. The pay for the first 2/3 years really isn't great, but the trajectory for earning is very good, with consultants/GP's making over 90K.

However, if you want a decent work-life balance, a feeling of being appropriately financially rewarded for your performance, and perks/bonuses, the NHS is not for you.
Good company to work for
Relaxed but thorough, pay isnt bad for housekeepers but during stressfull sitiations like the current covid 19 its hard to not feel stressed and worried. Very good pension scheme good management and a good team.
Nhs tayside
Disgrace of a place, staff are nice and well meaning, but supervisory and management are disgraceful with a culture of bullying and intimidation if you raise genuine concerns they are not interested and then see you as a troublemaker.
Pros
Cons
Extremely bad management
Good but less progression
Pros:
Really good organisation , no stress , work balance life.

Cons:

No progression in means of admin jobs, no competitive salary. Expectations are high but paying less.
Job
Secure jobs, fast paced and can be stressful when staff sickness. Good security and pension. Good holiday allowance. Easy to get to and park nearby so don’t pay for parking
If you like stress. Earn a pitiful wage, it’s the perfect job for you!!!
Stressful, a lot of mileage, expected to work over your hour’s, poor wages for what you are expected to do. Never appreciated. Not the NHS, as it used to be. Higher they are, the more they are ticking a box,,,, to go further up the ladder.
Very stressful, understaffed most of the time. Salary not enough to meet the expenses of daily living for a family of four
General wards are under staffed most of the time.
Salary is not enough to meet the standards of living for a family.
Government and management should take efforts to recognise the hardwork of nurses who are underappreciated, ridiculed and targeted
Great Environment
Great Environment. Very collaborative. Hardworking people whonreally cared baout the work. Great sense of achievement. Should be more in the way of salary.
As below
I have found that working for the NHS, very stressful, they did not train me, and expected me to know everything straight away.
Also the work environment is very competitive, and stressful, and have witnessed bullying most days.

The salary is OK but not great.
Okay Life experience
Nice People to work with .Life experience. Never enogh equipment or staff.

No benefits good training but too rushed when not enough staff and illness due to overwork.
Hard work
A dedicated team, facing constant changes an funding cuts
Often receive abuse from patients , need to be flexible . Never get breaks and start early and finish late every shift just to get the job done
Pros
Good team to work in
Cons
Low salary
Nhs
Good company to work for. Allow flexible hours and shifts pattern is varied. And you get extra for nightshifts. Opportunity to do extra hours sometimes happens
NHS working
It is very flexible working at the NHS there is a good training package before starting called the care camp where all training is updated. Good flexible work and it s always available.
Great to work for
NHS is great to work for if you are flexible as the hours can be very daunting, however good teams to work alongside and management was excellent. Would go back if I was flexible enough.