NHS Employee Reviews for Support Staff

Found 161 reviews matching the search See all 4,069 reviews
Lovely place to work
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire6 October 2018
Providing support for those at their most vulnerable is the best thing you could do, to know you made a difference to someone's life by helping them with just the simplest of tasks in their time of need.
Very good employer
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire24 September 2018
A good alround working environment. It will be a great pity and loss to the most needy as it is currently being destroyed by the selfrighteous interests and greed of small number of parliamentarians
Support & Training
Healthcare Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen3 September 2018
Support from Clinical and Non Clinical Staff Second to none, Amazing Work Experience,

First Class Staff and Care Environment. Thoroughly enjoyed my time in post.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Work Life Pattern
Pleasant place to work
Healthcare Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea16 August 2018
Done my level 2 in health and social care in endoscopy in Singleton learnt a lot in theatre and recovery pleasant place to work and a good team my job involved after care once out of theatre making sure doctors had results and sending letters out to the public
Good for who enjoy being in a team
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 August 2018
As long as you work HARD and work well within a TEAM and as an INDIVIDUAL your team will work HARD and support you. I have worked in many ward but each ward as long as you pull your weight you settle in well and enjoy your job along with building working relationships with your fellow team members. Just hard when your under staffed and can be very deflating.
Fantastic team work.
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  York23 July 2018
Different every day, plenty of learning opportunities. Working with a fantastic team.
Caring for people from all walks of life.
Hard work, long hours but so rewarding.
Pros
Working with fab caring people.
Cons
Long hours.
Good learning environment
Bank Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newport16 July 2018
It is a very good learning environment for me, fun and very intense. Keeps you on your toes and active as you never know whats going to happen next, taking peoples observations and generally caring for patients.
Awful, management are awful, avoid at all costs
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 June 2018
I had such high hopes when starting this post. What I got was low pay, lied to about how many hours I should be working, management taking days/weeks to get back to me about concerns, surly nurses and immensely understaffed wards. Too much pressure as well. Management are bullies as are certain nurses, patients are in danger and it is not OK.

It is a time bomb waiting to go off.
Pros
Looks good on a CV
Cons
low pay, stress, awful communication and bullying
High stress
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Northern general hospital11 June 2018
No respect for staff and feels like your voice isn’t heard when you try to communicate with them. They are very good when it comes to having time off due to family issues.
Very Average
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Atherstone, Warwickshire6 June 2018
Provide care for service users. This includes all aspects of care. Supporting community activities, administering medication and giving emotional support when needed.
Pros
Non
Cons
Many
Productive and fun place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth4 June 2018
I learnt basic care support skills, Blood pressure, Completing paper-work, vital signs, life suport etc.

It was rewarding to get good feed-back from patients and their relatives.
Pros
Being part of Hospital Staff
Cons
Being an agency candidate
Looking after children with complex need
Family Support Worker/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Royal Derby Hospital23 May 2018
I love my job but I have to do nights.I am finding shifts very hard at night so am looking to go back to administrative role or a Support Role within the day Monday-Friday 9-5
Pros
pension
Cons
long hours/nights
work place
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds23 May 2018
my typical day at work is fast paced. I support adults with learning disabilities to live their lives in their own homes. I help with all aspects of personal care, postural management needs, finances, administration of medication. I have gain knowledge and skills in different aspects of my jobs from epilepsy to dealing with challenging behaviours. Hardest part of my job is when the individuals get unwell as you form bonds with these. the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing these individuals been able to live there lives to the best they can whilst been as independent as they can.
Pros
pensions scheme
Cons
long hours working weekends
love the nhs
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading22 May 2018
Loved working for this company but sadly times have changed from when I first began. pay increases do not happen as often as cost of living making life very difficult to stay in there.
workplace
Health Visitor Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford16 May 2018
Loved my job within the NHS
Got help and nurturing trying to improve both my job role and skills to upgrade to a higher and different job role
As with any job nothing is safe at the moment with cuts
Great work colleagues
Pros
help with education and new skills
Cons
my job role was not a high enough wage
Hectic but rewarding
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford16 May 2018
An ever changing environment that was a joy to work in until the end.

Budget cuts and the erosion of services lead to an environment of minimizing risk was to lock the ward at all times. Not helpful when trying to comfort the restless mind of the patients.

Too much bureaucracy
Pros
free food and making a difference
Cons
government poking there nose in
enjoyable and supportive workplace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hill16 May 2018
A typical day at work , I was supported by my line manager and the rest of the staff . I learnt a lot for the staff on clinical matters. the management are helpful and friendly and they create a user friendly atmosphere .
the hardest part of the job is trying to understand the routine within the ward and the enjoyable part of the job is having a collaborative working environment working as a team
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
short breaks
good team environment
Mental Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Haverfordwest10 May 2018
working for the NHS is very good =, the team environment is very helpful and make the shift a lot easier as everyone is working together to get everything done and provide patients with the best possible care.
Pros
discounts in loads of places
Cons
productive and fast paced work place
clinical support worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 April 2018
a typical day would be to have a staff handover then help patients up ready for breakfast, assist in washing, toileting etc, making beds filling charts,taking observations stocking up, ordering special diets, collecting medication.any day to day tasks that might be needed.
Pros
helping people
Cons
long hours with only 1 break
Amazing experience gained
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Salford16 April 2018
Working in NHS taught me mostly how to work under stressful environments and how to always put the patient first in everything that i do. This is where my communication skills were mostly at use and advanced.