NHS Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Can be rewarding
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Royal Surrey County Hospital31 July 2018
If you enjoy helping people and have a strong mind then the job could suit you.

Typical day includes checking answer machine to see if any calls came in after the previous evenings shift.
Temporary posıtıon wıth Hays Recruıtment.
Telephonist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Derby29 July 2018
Thıs was a part tıme temporary posıtıon whıch I enjoyed. The staff and management was very respectful and I enjoyed my tıme there. Thıs posıtıon wasn,t challengıng enough for myself I prefer more publıc contact and to be proactıve.
Receptionist
Receptionist / Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hampshire18 July 2018
You are under paid and over worked with long hours and not enough staff to go around. all staff care however the government seem to not. Something needs to change the NHS has gone down hill and alot of good nurses, carers have jumped ship.
Pros
Great carers
Cons
Under paid, over worked, long hours, short staffed.
Not a good employer to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 July 2018
Long working hours
Bullying and harassment rife in the workplace
Us & Them working culture
Poor management always on the defensive
Poor staff attitudes and lack of respect
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Unsure
Receptionist/Call (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire4 July 2018
The work place environment can be very mixed, for example on a busy day people tend to be on edge due to the constant struggle to not breach patient time
Interesting environment
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Oldham5 June 2018
I enjoyed working there
It takes a lot hard work
Friendly environment
Supportive doctors/ co-workers / staffs
Always learn something new
Team work
Meeting new patients everyday
Pros
Get discounts with NHS card
Cons
Un payed break
productive
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheshire24 May 2018
really rewarding job, day to day is stressful but nothing I would really change enjoyed my time here. hard job but really rewarding long hours but that is negotiable.
NHS Professionals
Reception - Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Havant5 April 2018
I was contacted regarding a post with southernhealth, my first assignment with NHS P. I ensured that I fitted in to what was required for starting date as I was temping. However NHS P kept changing the start date. I had to explain that I needed a date so I didn't leave my previous temp role prematurely and loose pay. Eventually after many phone calls I got a start date. It was very badly organised. My lowest paid temp job yet most demanding. I loved the role but NHS P really need to not only show interest in filling the post but re evaluate communication with staff both before and after. Getting pay was a nuisance to begin with.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Need better communication
Apprentice
Apprentice Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire5 March 2018
Worked in the therapy department at Cheltenham general. Lovely Staff, amazing people to work with. I would answer calls, make appointments, process incoming referrals and reply to emails.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Low pay for apprentice
friendly work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol5 March 2018
to insure the reception area is clean and tidy to meet our clients, and be ready for all clients who enter the building.Have learned that we mix with all sorts of life from the oldest to the youngest, mixing with many different cultures.
Not fair
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sandwell, West Midlands21 February 2018
Not fair. Was not given suitable training, and feel I did not get the suitable supervision during a probationary period. I would actually love to find a job within the NHS and stay there. I love working within the care industry and like making a difference to peoples day.
Cons
No suitable training, supervision.
Rewarding Career
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham30 January 2018
Can Be very stressful to deal with Patients. Very busy environment. Learn good skills. Good progression within NHS. Get to meet like minded people. Good computer skills.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Full on job
interesting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NHS27 January 2018
i have not really had much experience in working as i am very new to it all however i have work experience during my years in secondary school and i have learnt many skills and attributes in giving good customer service and learning to patient at difficult times such as having to deal with difficult customers, i enjoy interacting and being very social-able.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
extra long hours
Very nice enviroment to work.
Manager Reception& Admin Team (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire19 January 2018
A typical day at work will include to open the Surgery and set up the screens for patients to be able to check in for their appointments. Check the appointments availability for the day in various clinics and guide the Reception how to book appointments .
Dealing with urgent tasks and patients complaints to ensure smooth operation of Surgery.
Also attend meetings with GP's, other managers, clinicians and other healthcare professionals .
I gained a lot of experience on how to deal with difficult situations such as emergencies .
I improved my communication skills by liaising on daily basis with both clinicians and patients from various background.
I learned the structure of NHS .
I learned how important is to keep confidentiality of service users in all times.
I improved my IT skills by using System One and a variety of communication tools online.
NHS is a great place to work overall and great atmosphere.
The hardest part of the job is that sometimes , especially the winter season, can be very demanding as patient are increasing because of flu/colds and other winter related illnesses.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that any day is the same! Never get bored! Learning and having new experiences every day and also the team spirit is really high!
Pros
NHS discounts, free parking
Fun
Reception/Admin (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 January 2018
Was a enjoyable role and then provide you with plenty of opportunities to progress through the NHS industry. Due to the circumstances of having a child I as unable to continue working.
Doctors Surgery
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Station15 November 2017
Be prepared to deal with difficult people on a daily basis. The hardest part is not being able to help patients as much as you would like to. The work place was difficult due to other staff members, I can't really comment on what the rest of the NHS is like.
not enjoyable
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear7 November 2017
poor management, poor work/life balance. Equality means nothing. A typical day at work for me means picking up after everyone. the hardest part of the job is feeling like everything is left to me. the most enjoyable part of the job is i get on well with who i work with
My experience
Administrator/receptionist (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London25 October 2017
The NHS is a busy but beneficial industry which if you have the right skills and qualities then hou may have an opportunity to progress, if i had the chance to work in the Nhs i would do everything in my ability to achieve as much as i can
Fun, Friendly and Great
Administrator and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire23 October 2017
Booking patient in for their appointments. Booking further appointments. Liaising with consultants and nurses on a daily basis. Learned a lot about the department I am working in. Different processes to get referred to the hospital. Management is great and is always looking out for you. Workplace culture is great fun as everybody gets on with each other and always helping each other out. The hardest part of the job is the distance travelling to and from. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on a patients face knowing you have met all their needs.
Pros
Great team. Work ethic. Patients. Consultant and nurses. Systems.
Cons
Distance
very busy environment
Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sheffield20 October 2017
The NHS is a very busy environment with a lot of responsibilities. Pressure from patients require a good management leadership.

Asllthe limited financial resources need to be used effectively.