NHS Employee Reviews for Administrator

Found 120 reviews matching the search See all 4,069 reviews
Theatre Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chester1 August 2018
A lot of management areas are very poorly chosen, more friends of friends or chosen from good rapor with other managers regardless of competency.

A lot of people who work there are mainly interested in getting their money and leaving and the care and passion slips away for a lot of people shortly after working there. A lot of this is a shame as a lot of employees start with mass enthusiasm but then have it taken away due to pay cuts, longer hours, more work, more delegation from management, staff shortages in nursing and amdin areas but increases in management roles
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Being completely underminded
Good Service for the People, Busy work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Guildford25 June 2018
Often departments clash when mishaps occur due to the constant workload, a workload that consists of keeping people healthy, so a stressful lot as well, even for the office workers who do not directly save lives.

Their is much pride though in helping the day to day business of our free health care system operate despite its hardships, and there is camaraderie about the hospital amongst the workers at most times.
good staff, poorly managed and poorly paid
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth20 June 2018
Staff in Solent NHS are expected to work twelve hour shifts (some longer) with only 30minutes lunch which is unpaid. There is no consideration for staff wellbeing with no time away from computer screens, work relief or incentives.
In a nutshell the commendation that an employee would receive for working for twenty years in the service is twenty pounds cash and one extra days leave for that year only. The merciless workload and low pay cause massive turnover of staff.
Overall great place to work
Continuing Healthcare Administrator (Former Employee) –  letters, UK17 September 2018
It was a nice an friendly environment. People were helpful and you felt useful there. The job was fairly easy. Got enough training to understand what you were doing.
productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk18 September 2018
There is a good balance of work/life, and the team I worked with are friendly. There was always productivity and commitment deadlines which helped to build my organisational skills.
Tempory position
Temp administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 October 2018
Enjoyed my time there - working with lovely people who welcomed me although I was a temp.

Good team nights out and if you had any problems there was always someone to help.
NHS is not the service it used to be
Administrator (Current Employee) –  NHS Borders13 August 2018
Due to financial restraints working within the health service is not what it used to be. More money requires to be spent on the 'shop floor' and less on hierarchy.
Great
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
The NHS work extremely hard in sometimes difficult circumstances they are supportive and look after there staff Very well great pensions and staff perks
My week at the NHS
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge21 April 2018
In my opinion, working at the NHS for a week was good, It gave me a great insight into what working at the NHS entails and what comes along with it. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel part of a team and as if I had been there for ages, even though I was only there for a week.
Excellent
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oxford21 June 2018
Some days can be stressful, some can be smooth. But as a team we work very well and achieve all targets. Having a great team and management makes work life enjoyable.
Fantastic people!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Worcester14 May 2018
The staff dedication under enormous pressure can only be admired. We may moan a little but miss it a lot when we have left. More people need to be shown what the NHS staff do on a daily basis.
not great
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England12 June 2018
Again i would rather not comment on working here this is delaying my time i will continue typing for a little while. what if i didn't have a good experience
I do not recommend
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 January 2018
No progression opportunities, weak management, unclear career path, unclear list of responsibilities, monotonous workload, people work in silos rather than in a supportive team environment, many individuals are tired of their jobs and stay there as it is difficult to find another job, budget is being cut every year leaving less and less opportunities for development.
Pros
nothing!
Cons
please see below.
Not a good experience
Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
Didn't enjoy working here, very cliquey, quite difficult to get on unless your face fit and tended to recruit a lot of relatives of senior managers within my section.
Pros
Interesting Work Environmnet
Cons
Poor Opportunities For Advancement
Great career opportunities and on site training
Administrator / PA (Former Employee) –  London, UK13 February 2018
I worked at the NHS London, UK with little experience. Working with them helped me gain experience and further training in all aspects of my role and potential.
Changing Workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire7 December 2017
The department has currently been taken over by new management and this has led to some initial difficulties.
I enjoy the variety of my current role.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
Lack of Communication
Excellent Work place with many different areas for progression
Bank Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire12 September 2017
Every day involves something different allowing for new learning experiences. Ability to network and speak to different employees within the organisation attaining excellent exposure to different staff members.
Pros
excellent organisation with many different progression levels
Cons
long hours and underfunded organisation visible from the staff shortages
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge23 January 2018
I enjoy working for the NHS but I am only a temp and would like a permanent job.

I enjoy helping people and making sure that everything runs smoothly.
A good place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cornwall7 November 2017
Typical day is varied and very busy
Learning that flexibility is paramount
Management can be slow to action changes
Hardest part is dealing with some communication issues
Most enjoyable part is the project work and customer service
Newcourt House Lovely environment to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Exeter3 August 2017
Workload is very heavy, so full on all the time, but environment makes up for this. As with all nhs trusts budgets have a huge impact on work and sometimes this can be frustrating along with IT issues sometimes causing problems.
Very friendly environment makes up for all of this.
Everyone is really busy but Management and colleagues all get on really well and support each other.
Pros
easy access with no parking charges
Cons
heavy work load.