NHS Employee Reviews for Administrator

not great
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England12 June 2018
Again i would rather not comment on working here this is delaying my time i will continue typing for a little while. what if i didn't have a good experience
Fantastic people!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Worcester14 May 2018
The staff dedication under enormous pressure can only be admired. We may moan a little but miss it a lot when we have left. More people need to be shown what the NHS staff do on a daily basis.
My week at the NHS
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge21 April 2018
In my opinion, working at the NHS for a week was good, It gave me a great insight into what working at the NHS entails and what comes along with it. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel part of a team and as if I had been there for ages, even though I was only there for a week.
Great career opportunities and on site training
Administrator / PA (Former Employee) –  London, UK13 February 2018
I worked at the NHS London, UK with little experience. Working with them helped me gain experience and further training in all aspects of my role and potential.
Not a good experience
Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
Didn't enjoy working here, very cliquey, quite difficult to get on unless your face fit and tended to recruit a lot of relatives of senior managers within my section.
Pros
Interesting Work Environmnet
Cons
Poor Opportunities For Advancement
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge23 January 2018
I enjoy working for the NHS but I am only a temp and would like a permanent job.

I enjoy helping people and making sure that everything runs smoothly.
I do not recommend
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 January 2018
No progression opportunities, weak management, unclear career path, unclear list of responsibilities, monotonous workload, people work in silos rather than in a supportive team environment, many individuals are tired of their jobs and stay there as it is difficult to find another job, budget is being cut every year leaving less and less opportunities for development.
Pros
nothing!
Cons
please see below.
Professional workplace
Psychology & Psychological Therapies Administrator (Former Employee) –  Amersham, Buckinghamshire14 January 2018
 I was the key point of contact for patients to book assessments and courses regarding there mental health issues. Problems such as social skills, medical input, anxiety, eating disorders, bulimia plus more severe complexes.
 I liaised with other government bodies such as doctors at practice surgeries and the police. Within the NHS I liaised mainly with reception, therapists and other admin staff.
 I learnt how to deal with confidentiality within clients cases, as that was key, i.e. not indulging in clients information to friends or family unless authorised. I also learnt how to deal with the forensic side if death occurred, such as closing accounts down on the NHS spine, notifying family and other legal bodies.
 Strong organisational skills, ensuring all notes, records were filed correctly on RIO, which is part of the NHS spine database. Again, general updating of addresses / doctors information and next of kin details etc.
 Responsible for taking minutes for core group meetings re: patients and general ways of working, from therapists to office managers.
 Responsible for typing up notes from one on one discussions, plus group discussions, which would then be stored on the RIO system and logged against there personal records, plus added to the NHS spine and sent to the GP's and patients.
Pros
flexible
Changing Workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire7 December 2017
The department has currently been taken over by new management and this has led to some initial difficulties.
I enjoy the variety of my current role.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
Lack of Communication
I worked with a lovely team to help the sick,
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire12 November 2017
The workplace was a really warm and welcoming, people was great to work with. They helped me with my IT skills and m telephone manor, and helping with orders.
A good place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cornwall7 November 2017
Typical day is varied and very busy
Learning that flexibility is paramount
Management can be slow to action changes
Hardest part is dealing with some communication issues
Most enjoyable part is the project work and customer service
filing
Connect Appointments - Administrator (Former Employee) –  Holytown1 November 2017
• making up permafile boxes to store the paperwork
• filing paperwork in date order to a high quality standard label boxes date order and prepare for palleting.
Nhs
Prescription Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
The job was very repetitive, so high and long concentration levels were required. You could come into work and knuckle down with limited interruptions.
Strong work force
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lancashire27 September 2017
Busy fast paced service in the mental health team
Enjoy my job & the day goes quickly just needing more hours to suit around childcare & saving towards a morgage
great place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Torbay, Devon25 September 2017
Great place to work, with lots of opportunities. there are also lots of discounts and offers for people that wok for the NHS. There are also good pensions available.
Challenging but fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire20 September 2017
The patients are what make the job worthwhile, the pay unfortunately is not great most of the time.

You get out of working for the NHS what you put into it, if you are hard working and dedicated, you will be rewarded.
Administrator
Temporary Governance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire20 September 2017
My time spent at the NHS was a real eye opener, having previously worked in the private sector, so working at the NHS with their budgetary constraints proved challenging. This was only a temporary role
Excellent Work place with many different areas for progression
Bank Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire12 September 2017
Every day involves something different allowing for new learning experiences. Ability to network and speak to different employees within the organisation attaining excellent exposure to different staff members.
Pros
excellent organisation with many different progression levels
Cons
long hours and underfunded organisation visible from the staff shortages
Nice culture
Patient Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gospel Oak4 September 2017
An alright place to work. Diverse cultures and backgrounds. Training given which assists with everyday life challenges. Giving an individual the opportunity to adapt to real world issues
Pros
Training
Cons
Support
fun place to work
Cardiology Administrator (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire3 September 2017
A lovely place to be indeed
Always surrounded by different people and its alot more to it looks. Alot of patient service is involved an it definitely a fun place to work
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
band attitudes