NHS Employee Reviews for Administrator

productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk18 September 2018
There is a good balance of work/life, and the team I worked with are friendly. There was always productivity and commitment deadlines which helped to build my organisational skills.
Overall great place to work
Continuing Healthcare Administrator (Former Employee) –  letters, UK17 September 2018
It was a nice an friendly environment. People were helpful and you felt useful there. The job was fairly easy. Got enough training to understand what you were doing.
Great
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
The NHS work extremely hard in sometimes difficult circumstances they are supportive and look after there staff Very well great pensions and staff perks
NHS is not the service it used to be
Administrator (Current Employee) –  NHS Borders13 August 2018
Due to financial restraints working within the health service is not what it used to be. More money requires to be spent on the 'shop floor' and less on hierarchy.
Theatre Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chester1 August 2018
A lot of management areas are very poorly chosen, more friends of friends or chosen from good rapor with other managers regardless of competency.

A lot of people who work there are mainly interested in getting their money and leaving and the care and passion slips away for a lot of people shortly after working there. A lot of this is a shame as a lot of employees start with mass enthusiasm but then have it taken away due to pay cuts, longer hours, more work, more delegation from management, staff shortages in nursing and amdin areas but increases in management roles
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Being completely underminded
Good Service for the People, Busy work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Guildford25 June 2018
Often departments clash when mishaps occur due to the constant workload, a workload that consists of keeping people healthy, so a stressful lot as well, even for the office workers who do not directly save lives.

Their is much pride though in helping the day to day business of our free health care system operate despite its hardships, and there is camaraderie about the hospital amongst the workers at most times.
Excellent
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oxford21 June 2018
Some days can be stressful, some can be smooth. But as a team we work very well and achieve all targets. Having a great team and management makes work life enjoyable.
good staff, poorly managed and poorly paid
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth20 June 2018
Staff in Solent NHS are expected to work twelve hour shifts (some longer) with only 30minutes lunch which is unpaid. There is no consideration for staff wellbeing with no time away from computer screens, work relief or incentives.
In a nutshell the commendation that an employee would receive for working for twenty years in the service is twenty pounds cash and one extra days leave for that year only. The merciless workload and low pay cause massive turnover of staff.
not great
Administrator (Former Employee) –  England12 June 2018
Again i would rather not comment on working here this is delaying my time i will continue typing for a little while. what if i didn't have a good experience
Fantastic people!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Worcester14 May 2018
The staff dedication under enormous pressure can only be admired. We may moan a little but miss it a lot when we have left. More people need to be shown what the NHS staff do on a daily basis.
My week at the NHS
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge21 April 2018
In my opinion, working at the NHS for a week was good, It gave me a great insight into what working at the NHS entails and what comes along with it. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel part of a team and as if I had been there for ages, even though I was only there for a week.
Great career opportunities and on site training
Administrator / PA (Former Employee) –  London, UK13 February 2018
I worked at the NHS London, UK with little experience. Working with them helped me gain experience and further training in all aspects of my role and potential.
Not a good experience
Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
Didn't enjoy working here, very cliquey, quite difficult to get on unless your face fit and tended to recruit a lot of relatives of senior managers within my section.
Pros
Interesting Work Environmnet
Cons
Poor Opportunities For Advancement
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge23 January 2018
I enjoy working for the NHS but I am only a temp and would like a permanent job.

I enjoy helping people and making sure that everything runs smoothly.
I do not recommend
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh20 January 2018
No progression opportunities, weak management, unclear career path, unclear list of responsibilities, monotonous workload, people work in silos rather than in a supportive team environment, many individuals are tired of their jobs and stay there as it is difficult to find another job, budget is being cut every year leaving less and less opportunities for development.
Pros
nothing!
Cons
please see below.
Professional workplace
Psychology & Psychological Therapies Administrator (Former Employee) –  Amersham, Buckinghamshire14 January 2018
 I was the key point of contact for patients to book assessments and courses regarding there mental health issues. Problems such as social skills, medical input, anxiety, eating disorders, bulimia plus more severe complexes.
 I liaised with other government bodies such as doctors at practice surgeries and the police. Within the NHS I liaised mainly with reception, therapists and other admin staff.
 I learnt how to deal with confidentiality within clients cases, as that was key, i.e. not indulging in clients information to friends or family unless authorised. I also learnt how to deal with the forensic side if death occurred, such as closing accounts down on the NHS spine, notifying family and other legal bodies.
 Strong organisational skills, ensuring all notes, records were filed correctly on RIO, which is part of the NHS spine database. Again, general updating of addresses / doctors information and next of kin details etc.
 Responsible for taking minutes for core group meetings re: patients and general ways of working, from therapists to office managers.
 Responsible for typing up notes from one on one discussions, plus group discussions, which would then be stored on the RIO system and logged against there personal records, plus added to the NHS spine and sent to the GP's and patients.
Pros
flexible
Changing Workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire7 December 2017
The department has currently been taken over by new management and this has led to some initial difficulties.
I enjoy the variety of my current role.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
Lack of Communication
I worked with a lovely team to help the sick,
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire12 November 2017
The workplace was a really warm and welcoming, people was great to work with. They helped me with my IT skills and m telephone manor, and helping with orders.
A good place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cornwall7 November 2017
Typical day is varied and very busy
Learning that flexibility is paramount
Management can be slow to action changes
Hardest part is dealing with some communication issues
Most enjoyable part is the project work and customer service
filing
Connect Appointments - Administrator (Former Employee) –  Holytown1 November 2017
• making up permafile boxes to store the paperwork
• filing paperwork in date order to a high quality standard label boxes date order and prepare for palleting.