NHS Employee Reviews in Manchester

Lovely place
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 April 2018
Really nice place to work, I would have stayed but my untreated depression gave a bad impression and my contact didn't get renewed. Really nice management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester15 March 2018
Great people, doing great things to help those in need.

Their IT is a bit slow and their systems and methods of doing things need modernisation.

Some departments run like grease while others don't - and that may be down to whether clinical leads have an ego or not, and whether they all can work together.
Interesting
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 January 2018
Working within the NHS is exciting and new every day
Waking up patients
Maintaining there hygiene needs
Assisting with eating and drinking
Maintaining pressure care
Great places to work and also meet people while still feeling good with yourself
Health Care Assistant (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 January 2018
NHS as a whole is fine by me. But these agencies operate somewhat independent of the NHS. Achieve care was reasonably fine. Not too difficult to get in unlike Search consultancy. Phoenix resourcing was also very good.
Best place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 December 2017
I Love working for the NHS my daily tasks on a day shift include:
Changing beds
Performing basic observations such as checking a patient’s blood pressure, temperature and heart rate
Assisting a patient in washing and dressing
Answering call bells
Completing paperwork at the end of shift

The only challenging aspect of the job is aggressive or difficult patients it can be very hard dealing with that but you just learn how to cope in certain situations.

I could see myself staying at the NHS until retirement it’s a long term career choice for me I feel like a valued member of the team all the staff are lovely on the ward aswell.

It’s very rewarding seeing the patients get better and go home and making a difference in their life it’s the best feeling knowing that you helped them recover.
Pros
Everyone working in a team, lots of learning opportunities, having 2 breaks if your on a long shift and the job is easy going it dosent feel like hard work
Cons
dealing with difficult or aggressive patients
Stable job
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 October 2017
Stable and secured job with different shift availability which suits people with different needs.
The pay is good and overtime is available for those who want to earn extra.
Pros
Flexible shifts and overtime
productive
NHS (Current Employee) –  Manchester17 October 2017
Very friendly environment, people are there to listen and help. Everyone helps each other out and there always someone to talk to.
I got to learn a lot about computers working the nhs and got to know a lot of different people who do different things.
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
repeated work
Employers are under increasing stress and pressure than ever before
Personal Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 October 2017
I have 11 years experience working in the NHS in various business support roles. In my experience it is still a great place to work, especially impressed by the professionalism even under the increasing stress and pressure employers have had to go through in recent years. I am committed to this organisation and I have been always proud to be one of its members.

Over the years I have learnt most of the skills that can be transferable into any other office environment. I have also made connections and friends through my jobs which is invaluable.
Pros
pension scheme, benefits, staff support, professionalism
Cons
increasing stress and pressure to do more work with less staff
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 October 2017
Based in Greater Manchester, brought in as a network resource during a large merger/transitional period into the GM CMU. Work was o.k., not the most enjoyable role for me.
Great organisation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 September 2017
Well structured organisation. Enjoyed the many years I worked there and advanced through the payscales when I was ready for development.

The hardest part of working for the NHS is the constant restructures that take place either nationally or at a local level, I lost count of how many times my job was at risk!
Pros
Steady and reliable income
Cons
Restructures
Challenging but great work-life balance
Senior Assistant Healthcare Scientist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 August 2017
Placement position. Training was perfect for the job role. Had set tasks outlined at the beginning of the week. Great collegues. Goals set out at performance reviews were achieveable.
Ok place to work
Information Quality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 August 2017
People talk about the security of jobs here - it is no longer the case - progression opportunities are taken away with restructuring of service - You can be looking at a nice job progression, potential to work your way up the ranks, but then after a restructure, the jobs in your sights, the potential stepping stones are quickly dissolved, leaving you to look for a sideways step to progress in other areas.
Due to constant governments cuts, there is a culture of streamlining staff to the extreme. This happens in all areas, from medical to admin.
Hard, Fast but rewarding
Receptionist/Telephonist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 August 2017
A typical day at work as highs and lows, it tests your patients but the good hours and pay at my age is beneficial and knowing you're helping others makes the more difficult situations seem irrelevant in the bigger picture.
Cafe Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 July 2017
Excellant job love working here need to relocate due to moving sad to leave good job but need to move looking for work in another area hopefully soon.
Pros
Free lunch
rewarding job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 July 2017
enjoyable place to work friendly co workers, and opportunity to learn new skills, i enjoyed my time with the nhs as i felt at the end of each working day i had done something constructive.
Pros
positive enviroment
Active workplace
Pharmacy Storekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 July 2017
Very busy environment, with lots of different characters but overall a very friendly place. The rotation of Saturday shifts means you only work one weekend in 7.
Pros
Nhs discount
I love my job
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 July 2017
I am a care support worker, I love my job, I love what am doing, through my day to day activities at work I learned different skills which help me to manage my job effectively. I work with different people from different background, culture and language barriers.
Innovative fast paced working environemnt
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 June 2017
At the forefront of new practice and guidelines. Supportive management and excellent morale. Proud to work with such a companionate group of people after the Manchester Bombing
Nhs hospital
HCSW (Former Employee) –  University hospital south manchester11 June 2017
I work in a busy emergency departments an emergency support worker in Manchester, This job is very satisfying and enables me to assist people in emergencies and life or death situations, I enjoy working in this kind of environment but can be very hard stood on your feet for 12 hours a day and always being alert. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to work in a care setting as it would be a great learning curve .
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Long hours standing
No work life balance
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 May 2017
No communication no loyalty no support from line management unable to accesss training to develop in your career only allow to do mandatory training do not promote making your own decisions