NHS Employee Reviews in London

managerial administration
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  london5 June 2018
Organising teams of psychiatrists and health workers for working in their offices and in the community.
Managing finances, greeting and arranging appointments and all administrative duties
Pros
close to home
Cons
stressful clients
Great training and opportunities
Deputy Office Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 May 2018
Great place to work. Team spirit is always high, good opportunities available with training at your finger tips.
A great pension scheme is available and support from HR
I have learned so much in my time with them
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Politics and policies
Great Job
HR/Recruitment Officer East London (Former Employee) –  London23 April 2018
I really liked working for the NHS, worked within recruitment and training departments in Essex and London based hospitals . Great atmosphere and team work.
Pros
Good pay
Great environment
Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 April 2018
I had fantastic times and got great experiences and knowledge.
i did build up good team work & communication skills , also i have been under so many useful course such as Health & Safety , safe guardian.
Good work/life balance
Plumber/Handyman (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2018
The workplace culture is good and I enjoyed the challenging parts of the job. A typical day at work consisted of taking on multiple maintenance works between NHS facilities.
Placement
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 April 2018
Typical day at work to me is to help out customers and ensure that I have given good customer service. I have learnt how to deal with the struggles at work. The hardest part could be dealing with customers that may be challenging. The most enjoyable part is helping out people and getting to bond and connect with staff memebers.
Pros
Free lunches and meeting new people
Cons
long shift hours
Rewarding
Assistant Practitioner (Current Employee) –  London4 April 2018
Rewarding to help to support and promote physical and mental health.
My working life has given me a sense of reality and sharpened my vision of what I feel are my own abilities and talents. My responsibilities at work have grown and I have had the opportunities to serve the needs of many patients. I am a good listener and have strong feelings of empathy and understanding. I work well with others, but also have the courage to trust my own judgement and make my own decisions. I am purposeful and clear sighted in my ambitions, and this course would allow me to develop my career potentials further.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Lack of funds to help more people in crisis
Working At NHS from 9am-5pm
Honorary Observer (Former Employee) –  London, Roayl Brompton Hospital1 April 2018
This placement provided me with the opportunity to know with whom and what I will be dealing with if I choose a career in medicine. I took part in several projects and a study during my time at the hospital. For example, Lung Ultrasound sessions with Heart Failure management team and High Dependency unit, completing the introduction to Medical Statistics Course, and taking part in a 10 year study. I had to use scientific skills such as collecting, recording, and interpreting data skills to carry out given tasks. While working in the hospital environment I was able to adapt to rules and regulations which included following Trust’s policies/procedures, and health and safety. Commitment is crucial when it comes to working for NHS, I had to be punctual and self organised. Shadowing doctors was beneficial for me due to learning the importance of confidentiality and trust between patient and physician through effective communication.
Pros
professional environment, organized work
Non-Commercial
Property Analyst (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2018
Decisions are heavily weighted on the medical needs drafted by various government bodies. Those looking to get their foot in the door in Financial analysis will be better off looking in the private sector.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Backward thinking
productive and fun
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  london25 March 2018
good working environment and great colleagues that are all dedicated and highly self motivated. people are able to work without supervision and very approachable management team
Pros
friday evening outings
productive & interesting workload
Commercial Development Assist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 March 2018
A typical days work involved speaking arranging meetings with clients, meeting clients, negotiating costs and writing commercial contracts for signatures.

I gained experience and learned about the tender and bidding process. The hardest part was arranging meetings to suit all at the same time.

The most enjoyable part was liaising with various departments, maintaining a good rappour in order to achieve team goals and targets.Also securing contracts by obtaining signatures for business commercial deals for the trust.
Pros
flexible working hours
Producting work place
Administrator and booking coordinator (tempting (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2018
I enjoy working there, I learn new things every day and I put what I know to good use.
It is a busy working environment, management is very hands-on and very helpful. It's a diversity of staff, there are deadlines to meet, which gives you something to work towards.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help patients.
Great career opportunities and on site training
Administrator / PA (Former Employee) –  London, UK13 February 2018
I worked at the NHS London, UK with little experience. Working with them helped me gain experience and further training in all aspects of my role and potential.
Productive WorkPlace
Community Paediatrics Team (Former Employee) –  London12 February 2018
I experienced a lot working with the NHS in such a small amount of time. For the week I learnt how to speak to people over the phone, booking appointments, looking and reading up on children's problems and sending out post to parents and other bases. Working with the NHS, you can save and benefit other people's lives which I enjoyed the most.
Pros
Long lunches
Good company
Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 February 2018
Lots to learn here and experience to gain. You are rewarded for hard work if you are willing to work. One of the best companies you can work for and staff stay for a long period of time.
Fail
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 February 2018
What was a great place to work is now horrid.

Managers don’t care and are only their for the huge wages they get.

Safety is pathetic, not ever protected and physically assaulted and no back up.

Payments of wages are always messed up, I went 5 months without a single wage!
Pros
New things everyday
Cons
Money is poor, hours are long, no protection, rubbish management.
Helping clients make the changes they want to make.
Counsellor (Current Employee) –  London6 February 2018
Working with both short and medium term work helps to focus my therapeutic strategy. I am an integral counsellor and with short term work adopt a direct and problem focussed approach to maximise the effectiveness of the therapy framework.
great team but poor management
Project Manager, Chief Scientist Office (Current Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Team is really sociable and friendly and I have made lasting relationships there. Sadly the support functions at NHS England are not fit for purpose, including HR, finance and procurement services. THis causes huge problems when you're trying to do your job but have people from these teams intent on obstructing your every move.

Senior managers are pleasant enough but incompetent- some projects have been open for over 10 years at a cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds, yet no one has asked why this is the case. I get the impression that no one cares if you deliver or perform and the organisation is full of highly paid wastes of space who do nothing apart from hide behind lower paid but competent staff.

I would not recommend working here if you don't suffer fools gladly or get frustrated easily.
Pros
Flexible working conditions and very laid back
Cons
Hopeless management
Not a good experience
Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London2 February 2018
Didn't enjoy working here, very cliquey, quite difficult to get on unless your face fit and tended to recruit a lot of relatives of senior managers within my section.
Pros
Interesting Work Environmnet
Cons
Poor Opportunities For Advancement
Great work experience
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 January 2018
- By going around the Radiology department you learn about the behind the scenes of the Hospital.
- fMRI, CT, PET Scans and Nuclear Medicine are the center part to understanding the human body.
- A great work experience if you can get it.