NHS Employee Reviews in Glasgow

Great Job
Bank Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow15 July 2018
Working in various areas without experience I had been trained to work in medical records and reception in accident and emergency and minor injuries unit
Pros
fantastic job
Cons
temporary work
Good staff poor managment
sterile services technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 July 2018
The nhs was a pleasent workplace, the culture was good,
evry day the staff learned something new due to the diversity of
the medical instruments that we had to steralise,a typical day at work consisted of prioritsing which instruments were to be processed
first, dependent on what operations had been performed in the previous eight hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense the sense of satisfaction if and when we caught up with the requirements of
the surgeons,which although rare in such a dynamic situation
was just about possible.
The hardest part of the job ,was having to collect used instruments
from the operating theatres,we would also have to collect instruments from high dependency wards, and could not help
but notice patients that were clearly in very poor health, no
longer in the ward the following day.

In my experience within the NHS the managment were rather
aloof ,frustrated and did not have much regard for the staff
they were overseeing.
dangerous
Auxiliary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 June 2018
badly/dangerously under staffed. long hours without breaks on occasion due to low staffing on night shifts no where to go for breaks. no protection or support when assaulted. not enough staff to carry out care for patients on time. poor training opportunity's only certain staff get offered. wards poorly stocked. physically and verbally abused with no consequences. incompetent staff
Pros
knowledge of medical care
Cons
staff not protected, dangeruously under incompetent staff
Average Place
Programme Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow23 May 2018
No real room for progression but great job security.

My current line manager is great, and is very open and approachable. I work within an office outwith a main hospital site so the workplace culture is completely different and far more relaxed.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Lack of Progression
ever changing environment
Health Improvement Senior (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 April 2018
No 2 days the same! With great personnel policies designed to look after employees and managers willing to support and develop their teams - couldn't recommend them more.
driver
driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 April 2018
a great job which I was sorry to loose, sadly this was due budget cuts within the Nhs.
the job involved me diriving a 16seater mini bus taking staff from Queen Elizabeth Hospital to the Victoria Hospital in the south side of Glasgow on a timetable throughout the day. I was left to manage this myself with little supervision, I also had complete daily checks on Bus to ensure comp licence with health and safety.
Pros
hours
Cons
budget cuts
Underrated Workforce
Band 6 Specialist Clinical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glasgow4 March 2018
The NHS performs fantastically well every year, despite severe cutbacks and lack of funding. Media coverage tends to focus on the negatives and this no doubt has a sway on public opinion unfortunately.
Fun
Porter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 October 2017
Was a good place to work ............. But it has its moments the hours can be good or bad and it doesn't shut so you are required to work all the holidays
Supportive
Clinical PIP Assessor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 October 2017
Working for the NHS Scotland was always rewarding and they were always supportive. My time with the NHS helped to shape me into the nurse I am today. It has taught me to always further my knowledge and skill set, put care of patients first and to help my colleagues be the best they can be to lift the service and the care provided to its patients and carers.
There are plenty of jobs
Auxiliary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glasgow21 September 2017
There are good oppertunities to enhance your career within the nhs the only downfall is the long hours and the amount of walking you have to do around the ward
Pros
Free uniform
good place to work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 September 2017
excellent place to work if you like your job role.easy to apply for other jobs in the nhs. interesting at times and you can meet a lot of people. good union too
Quite lonely as I work at NHS out of hours
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 September 2017
Within the department that I work at the moment has far to many people in management roles who seem to not communicate with each other and makes me wonder how the have the positions that the have? There is no structure and not all of the management level personnel are on the same page which can be very frustrating to me. I enjoy working for the NHS before this position I worked in a gp surgery for 8 years.
I believe in patient care and health means a lot to my and is my first and foremost duty in my job.
Pros
Position is good & well paid
Cons
Work a lot of unsociable hours without a break
Secure place of work, not much progression or training.
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 September 2017
In a busy Radiology department I enjoyed caring for patients after procedures. Assist the patient by maintaining dignity and respect.

I learned valuable life support and pain symptoms as well as maintaining the patients dignity and well being.

Management are disappointing.
Pros
Satisfaction of patient care provided.
Cons
Management, lack of training, lack of progression opportunities.
Relentless phone calls
Clinical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 August 2017
No time to get complex work done as constantly answering phone. Management meddled relentlessly and slowed work down. Colleagues all seemed to hate each other. Worked in a cupboard.
Enjoyed working in hospital canteen
Canteen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow26 August 2017
Work in old victoria hospital canteen enjoyed it nice staff and friendly hard work but enjoyable worked here part time at weekends when my kids were young
Pros
Enjoyed working with staff and meeting visitors
Cons
Working weekends when my kids were young
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 August 2017
This was a temporary job for 1 year back in the 80's when computers had just started to be introduced in the workplace. The job was to update paper records to ensure names and addresses were legible for database to be constructed.
An enjoyable experience
Ward Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow30 July 2017
This was a volunteering role so it had the "feel good" aspect accompanied with the job. I would highly recommend it to others as it showed you the importance of human impact on others.
Pros
the patients
Cons
not enough hours
learning points on the job
Senior clinical fellow (Current Employee) –  Princess Royal Maternity Hospital, Glasgow1 July 2017
The post requires lots of informal teaching and learning opportunities to improve.
High patient turnover and exposure to a wide variety of cases.
Communication with parents and clinical staff is very crucial
Large organisation and lots of development potential
Senior OD Adviser (Current Employee) –  Glasgow30 June 2017
Very large complex organisation that not only has acute care but also long term care in the community and partnerships with the various councils located in the board.
Job security
Support Secretary (Current Employee) –  Glasgow27 June 2017
Where you work in the NHS is very much down to your team mates and management. Some departments are fantastic however others are terrible, but I think it is the same in all workplaces.