NHS Employee Reviews

fun and friendly to work in
Senior Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 December 2018
flexible working works
staff are kind and friendly
they are very helpful and understanding
you get to work in different offices and meet different people
Reliable and stable
Banking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gwent12 December 2018
Summer jobs with the banking staff were good money and a great start out in the working world. I was able to work overtime to boost wages and got paid bi-weekly.
Pros
Plenty of hours.
Excelente
Enfermera (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne12 December 2018
NHS, es el sistema de sanidad público en Inglaterra, donde ofrecen unas condiciones laborales extraordinarias. Respetando los principios básicos en un sistema sanitario, ofreciendo los mejores cuidados a los pacientes y pensando siempre en seguir mejorando. Se realizan turnos de 12 horas y media lo que te permite compaginar tu vida laboral con la personal con mucha facilidad.
very flexible hours
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire, UK12 December 2018
A good place to work, you can choose what shifts you like and what area you would like to work in.

In house training provided, and weekly pay. Online rota and self booking system.
Pros
flexible
Cons
work can be scarce
Repetitive work
Child Health Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire11 December 2018
Day to day tasks were very repetitive and became very boring after a short while

How to use various systems, and a lot of data entry

Management was okay, slightly biased towards certain staff when it came to start and finish times.

Workplace culture was dull, and quite boring at times

Hardest part of the job was management expecting you to do the work without showing you what to do

Enjoyable team to work with, sometimes.
Pros
Start and finish times
Cons
Biased manager
Busy and engaging
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Sandwell and west birmingham hospitals11 December 2018
My day at work is busy unless I am waiting for the next booking. I do enjoy my role as an interpreter since it gives me the opportunity to help patients to be understood by health professionals and vice versa.
It gets difficult when patients are agitated but there is nothing a smile and a calm but professional communication cannot resolve.
Pros
Good hourly rate and working environment
Cons
Not being permanent
Rubbish pay, great people
Multi-drop HGV delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, UK11 December 2018
Relaxed atmosphere, people are great, routes are given in time and the trucks are always in great shape. Such a shame the pay is so horribly low. I'd be back otherwise.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Low pay
every day is different
Trainee NHS 111 Call Advisor (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London10 December 2018
Fast paced, noisy contact center, however very good support in hand. Every day is different. Dealing with a variety of situations. Constant learning. Hardest part is dealing with multiple symptoms with a distressed patient.
Fun and productive
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire8 December 2018
Was on work experience with school but was productive and a fun workplace. Always up to something with one of the physios learning or observing. But was very productive.
Cool place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire6 December 2018
Nice company to work for i was on the agency for 5 years and this is the reason i am looking to find a new role, would like permanent position, this is the only reason i wish to further my career
Pros
Good people, Good work
Cons
No full time contracts
Enjoyed my 8 years here
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent6 December 2018
I spent 8 years working here as HCA after trying to work in various other jobs after I had retired. I really enjoyed it but unfortunately I am in need of a change.
Being a doctor is hard - who knew?
Senior House Officer (Former Employee) –  Newry, County Down5 December 2018
The work is very challenging (intellectually and emotionally) and the rotas are physically punishing - but the biggest issue is rota gaps. They're simply not filled. The job would be difficult if 5 people were doing the work of 5, but when only 4 are hired into the team, and one inevitably goes off on sick leave with stress, it's untenable. I changed career. I don't know how anyone else manages it.
not suitable for people with a young family
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire4 December 2018
had a change of career due to shift patterns.
increase demand of paperwork relating to job role.
although training opportunities are outstanding and the job role is extremely rewarding
Excellent Employer
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinic4 December 2018
I enjoyed my job with NHS Scotland they were excellent employers they always put my needs and welfare first in all aspects of my job received excellent training before I started my job and made sure I was happy with all areas of my job
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Didnt have any
NHS fantastic
Auxiliary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 December 2018
The NHS are a fantastic company to work for and care about their employees. It's a great opportunity to meet different people from all walks of life. The hours can be long but very rewarding
Pros
Rewarding to meet different people
Cons
Long hours short breaks
Caring service
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawick community hospital3 December 2018
I am a retired health care support worker with with 28 years service. I previously worked in a hosiery factory for 17 years before changing my career to caring . I worked in the private sector before the take over by NHS in 1999.
Pros
Lots of experience
Cons
Very hard work
Care standards
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  WALSALL, WEST MIDLANDS, UK3 December 2018
I found working for the NHS was a wonderful experience, the standard of care was excellent and I found it to be like a family environment. It was a very busy ward but we all worked together and gave outstanding care to our patients and their families. I felt I excelled at my job due to the environment I was in.
Pros
The standard of care
Busy and Challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex2 December 2018
Busy environment but rewarding in terms of services provided to the patients. Greatest satisfaction is when the patients and relatives are pleased with the services provided.
NHS -Berkshire health care foundation trust -Rubbish place to work
Senior Administrator/PA (Former Employee) –  Berkshire2 December 2018
NHS is a rubbish organisation to work for,there are managers who are not well trained and qualified and when it comes to interviews its based on whose face fits not what skills the person has.The managers are intimidated by those who are more skilled than them.
If you know the manager then you will get promoted.The BAME is another rubbish one ,just there to tick the boxes,BAME members will not give their fellow BAME staff jobs when they interview them.
NHS cannot retain staff ,there is a culture of bullying and victimisation.
was more of office job
Retrospective Project Co-ordinator-Administrator (Former Employee) –  London2 December 2018
was a very nice office job dealing with patients information and cases for continuing care picked more skills but the only challenge it was o agency work
Pros
free parking