NHS Employee Reviews

Great environment
Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 April 2018
I had fantastic times and got great experiences and knowledge.
i did build up good team work & communication skills , also i have been under so many useful course such as Health & Safety , safe guardian.
My week at the NHS
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge21 April 2018
In my opinion, working at the NHS for a week was good, It gave me a great insight into what working at the NHS entails and what comes along with it. Everyone was very welcoming and made me feel part of a team and as if I had been there for ages, even though I was only there for a week.
Great place to work.
Theatre Technician (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire20 April 2018
The NHS is great.
Its sociable, you get to work with a wide variety of people from all different back grounds and you have a real sense of feeling from helping others by providing quality of care.
Pros
Good working environment, sense of pride in your work.
Cons
long hours. Salary could be better. Sometimes ditressing.
Community working
Community Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City19 April 2018
Always busy , meeting new people , supporting staff and patients , hard part red tape, best part when you've helped a family , supported them though tough times
Terrible unless you like to be a number
Porter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire18 April 2018
HhUmmmm it was good then the old management left and the new management took over. There is no morale and mood is low with long hard pushing hours
Ñnn
Great Staff
Volunteer Work - NHS Scotland (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 April 2018
I worked as a volunteer, i generally done general duties and helped with with any of the other volunteers around, i learned essential skills and my communication skills improved dramatically, the staff were excellent and were always nice and treated everyone equally.
Goid workforce
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 April 2018
Great for security lifestyle but very hard work.
The wages are not too good .
Management there is far to many across the board but all in all you get a good feeling as you are helping people
Pros
No travel
Cons
Hard work
Changing of the old guard
Business Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hounslow17 April 2018
Started my employment with full of hopes and opportunities, tried to even change things for the betting my role, however my efforts was thwarted by management that have sunken so far into sofa and were more concerned with playing politics rather than working together as a unit.

You do feel secure in your job thanks to the unions however this is a double edged sword when people abuse the system and use the unions to their advantage, hence why the union is usually shunned by people who hold account of the hospital.
Pros
Security, good exposure to work
Cons
Unrewarding, poor change culture, blame culture
Long hours, don't get paid enough
Call advisor (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent17 April 2018
There are no goals for you to achieve you just take constant calls. You can get some abuse from callers and you get paid minimum wage. Team leaders receive 24,000 and seem to not do lot.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Long hours, really uncomfotable chairs
Nhs
Domestic Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Harrogate16 April 2018
Various departments to work in so multiple reviews would be required, on the whole not a bad place to work. The hospital runs as one team so regardless of where you fall in that team we are all on the same side.
Position
Clinical Engineer work placement (Former Employee) –  Northern General Hospital16 April 2018
As a work experience individual i believed that the NHS took the possibility with much enthusiasm as so did we. Typically, this did mean making coffee's and other less skilled work but overall we did get an overview of what it was to be like to work within clinical engineering.
Amazing experience gained
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Salford16 April 2018
Working in NHS taught me mostly how to work under stressful environments and how to always put the patient first in everything that i do. This is where my communication skills were mostly at use and advanced.
Enjoy working with people that support me in my performance
Domestic Cleaner/School (Current Employee) –  Croydon15 April 2018
As an office cleaner,working for NHS to support people with mental health issues'to full fill this roll, am required to clean the office to high standard
Great place to work love the job
Learning & Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire14 April 2018
Made redundant due to decommission of NHSD for 111 service. Worked remotely in a small team dealing with statutory and mandatory training for both clinical and non clinical staff. Very busy enviroment working to tight deadlines. Loved it
Some NHS teams are easy to work in welcoming and supportive other nhs trusts are not as welcoming and supportive
A p (Current Employee) –  Manchester14 April 2018
Worked within a variety of nhs settings .sime are excellent supportive and encouraging.others fall short of support and encouragement for staff
I have sometimes felt alone when learning skills.
Whilst some NHS trusts support staff and are excellent at providing that and continue your development .
Other trust do not continue support and you can find yourself in a situation that can be very stressful
Pros
Car schene
Cons
Some non supportive management
really good place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend13 April 2018
good training opportunities

good support from all levels of the NHS

sufficient home work like balance

good relationships with departments

good career prospects
Pros
carrers prospects
Cons
Loved my job and colleagues
Band 5 staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire12 April 2018
Always felt under pressure and not always appreciated or supported by management. Very stressful and underpaid for the responsibly I was given. I always enjoyed my work and gave my all to the patients and families I cared for.
Pros
Free parking, good enhancements, good pension. Gained a broad spectrum of experience
Cons
Always short staffed, spent wasted hours trying to cover staff sickness, think sickness policy to lenient. Long hours and difficult to leave on time
Hard work but rewarding
Senior House Officer (Current Employee) –  Grantham11 April 2018
Working in the QMC and Grantham have been busy hospitals, constant short staffing means a heavy workload but the job is highly rewarding, when you see the difference that you have made to your patients.

You will learn to adapt quickly and adjust to working in a fast pace, developing key skills like forward planning, organisation and communication skills with patients, colleagues and relatives to keep up with the work environment.

There is a lot to learn from these hospitals.
Good work/life balance
Plumber/Handyman (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2018
The workplace culture is good and I enjoyed the challenging parts of the job. A typical day at work consisted of taking on multiple maintenance works between NHS facilities.
One of the best places I have worked
Corporate department (Current Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire11 April 2018
Worked in a fantastic team, however director was useless. This is the case with many very senior managers working in the NHS - they are simply there to tick boxes for the Care Quality Commission

- EAST LANCASHIRE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
Pros
Staff benefits, job security, job development
Cons
Overpaid directors and senior managers that are not competent for the job they are being paid to do