NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Busy, sometimes frantic, very interesting
Theatre Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport17 January 2018
As a theatre assistant, you are busy preparing the anaesethic room and theatre, by stocking up all necessary equipment, fluids and machinery. Always cleaning, being ready to assist the ODP with patients, fluids or equipment.
You need to be able to be quick, ready for anything, sometimes whilst operations are taking place, there can be lots of waiting and watching.
Need to be empathetic, sympathetic, calm, reassuring.
Pros
Seeing people get better.
Cons
Lots of standing around.
Rewarding
Domiciliary Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ballymoney, County Antrim16 January 2018
Enjoy working out in the community and meeting people from all walks of life. I have learned how to diagnose when our clients are deteriating. Work with end of life clients and also palative care.
Challenging and Rewarding
Health care support assistant (Current Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire12 January 2018
Team work is crucial for working in a hospital environment. Constantly learning everyday on shift, and learn a lot about yourself and how to deal with stressful, life or death situations.
Compassion, respect and communication is vital.
Pros
Salary pays well
Cons
Shift patterns are tiresome
Clerical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St Helens11 January 2018
Wage is decent compared to jobs of the same nature, support from management positions, enjoyable place to work, staff are friendly and approachable. :)
Hard working team great management
Trainee Associate Practitoner (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth11 January 2018
Repeatatitve
How to ensure a high quality service is achieved
Managers I have had been faultless
Drive for best outcomes
Hours
Helping patients when they need it most
Pros
Busy
Cons
Unsocialable hours
Productive but currently in other main departments very mismanged with staff asking for help but getting know where, iam powerless to help.
Senior clinical coder (Current Employee) –  Tenby doctors surgery10 January 2018
Iam the 2nd only original member of staff remaining where iam working., iam in my 26th year the older member is retiring this year. I have my own department although extremely busy iam training a new member and we are coping well the deman's. Other areas are struggling due to lots of new staff all at once with practically one memeber or more senior staff expected to do their job and teach the new staff also
It's very disorganised but management at the moment won't listen to the concerns of more senor staff

It's very unacceptable at the moment and hope it will be addressed very soon. I enjoy my work but now wish to try a new adventure but it would either had to be £10 an hour for 32 hrs or slightly less pay but more hours.
Pros
I have flexibility with my hours
Good team work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire9 January 2018
Working in the NHS you have to work well as a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and to make sure government guidelines are met you must keep up to date with work.
Pros
Good holiday
Cons
Bad pay
Friendly and supported team
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Child Therapy Services - Venture House Boston7 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for Child Therapy Services, they are a great team to work with, I feel valued and supported within the team
My main duties include all aspects of admin, answering telephone, ringing parents / schools to make appointments, cancelling appointments when clinicians are off sick, sending reports and resources out. Photocopying, scanning. Sending letters out for new referrals.
Mixed workplace
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 January 2018
From a clinical side. The NHS wards are often understaffed, with a varying skill mix from day to day. However this does make everyone a good team player and usually forms good bonds. Management is a person to person variable. The overall hospital management is usually quite good.
Pros
Discount with some retailers.
Cons
Long hours. Mixed work pattern.
Busy bees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bedford2 January 2018
It was my first job in nursing and it wasn't in my country nor in my monthertongue which made things harder if possible. The place was always very busy. Most of days we were short of staff or the work load was unmanageable.
Anyhow I did learn loads. From the ward, from the patients, from the culture. My colleagues were the very best. Excellent professionals and always very helpful. Thank God.
Pros
Flexible working days
Cons
Word load
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness2 January 2018
The trust was a good place to work. Management was good overall, salary ok, benifit's ok. Fun working environment, always looked forward to meeting new people and helping others.
Enjoyable in suitable weather
Emergency motorcyle response rider (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset30 December 2017
It is a fun job but is a charity so no pay, you have got to love motorcycles and doing the job for the benefit of others as it saves the NHS £100,000 plus.
Pros
Motorcycles
Cons
Weather
I work with neuro patients for 19 years and have just been with stroke patients for 6 years
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside28 December 2017
I work with neuro patients sometimes very challenging . Some need special care which i do as i am of quiet they like you quiet . Istart the day by personall care then lunch do some gsmes with them i work with ot and physio team . Then sometimes work with stroke patients . We sing and try them to find their voice after stroke . I love the job . But would like move on now . Try something else . The nhs is not the same .
Cons
Only do one long day
Overall a good place to work
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire20 December 2017
They didnt help fit the shifts around my children, salary is good, as a housekeeper i didnt find the cleanliness was as good as it should be. People who work there are lovely, however needs more organisation.
without it, we would be lost
Health Care Support Worker student nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire19 December 2017
The nhsWitho is a wonderful place to work and a job within this setting is amazing.
My work within the nhs has been in hospitals and I truly love it and cannot wait to be back there.
Pros
security and job satisfaction and pension
Cons
Caring community amongst staff, good work ethic.
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aintree hospital19 December 2017
I had seen many changes in the time I've worked at aintree. Busy hospital , therefore there is plenty of opportunity for training courses to keep staff up to date. Plenty of overtime on the bank if you would like overtime. Patients appreciate the work we do, home from home for many of them. Patients need to feel looked after in all aspects if there stay in hospital .
Pros
NHS pensions and car parking facilities, sick pay .
Cons
No flexi hours, set shifts
Productive and fun and rewarding
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berkshire17 December 2017
I currently work in Theatres as a HCA.I strive to achieve and I'm a caring honest and trust worthy individual.I put others before myself.I can work under busy times and I'm always helpful.I work in Theatres and assist scrub nurses and surgeons.I know that this job is demanding and no two days are the same but it's rewarding to help others.Before Theatres I was a healthcare assistant on paedeactric ward doing stock and helping nurses on the ward.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Shift work
fun friendly training opportunities to high standard good salary and benefits and they look after their staff
health care assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 December 2017
Great place to work lots of opportunities good choice of shift patterns hardest part of job is your on you feet all shift .your supported by the maager
Pros
Good holiday entitlement
Cons
Having to pay parking
horrible place to work
HCSW (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend13 December 2017
to many higher bands giving out orders to lower same description bands laziness and slyness sometimes bullies are to much to bear with ,workload is far to great for lone working and your vulnerable and open to accusations
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
bullying
Extremely incompetent management.
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby12 December 2017
Unbelievable waste of public money with apparently no consequences for those concerned . Totally incompetent and inefficient management. Contact staff are good at their jobs and very hardworking and end uncovering for the mistakes of management.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Lacks advancement