NHS Tayside

NHS Tayside Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Excellent management support, a fast paced ever changing role which keeps things interesting.

Lots of opportunity to learn new skills and manageemtn really listen to your ideas for improvement.

Most frustrating part of job is poor IT
very busy day
enjoy chatting with patient's

work very closely with nursing staff

making sure that i have all the relevant paperwork ready for patient's being admitted for surgery
Pros
meeting a variety of people
Managers are out for themself. They lie about everything. only good thing is the wages and holidays.the work environment are a shambles nothing works
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Had the best experience of work experience, I had a warm welcome from all members of staff and learned a lot of essential skills
Good job flexibility and a good rate of pay. You are paid Saturday/Sunday, shift and bank holiday rates of pay also. Working in various nhs facilities.
an exciting job working with a difficult client group.

I learned to be adaptable and always expect the unexpected.

I am now excellent at working under pressure and experienced in tense meetings with fellow professionals, patients and families.

I had an excellent rapport with fellow staff a couple of which I now class as good fiends.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to help someone who was very ill but on the flip side, seeing the patients recover was extremely rewarding.
Pros
having the opportuinty to make a difference to people
Cons
budget restrients
Strict but good place to work. Management need better people skills.
Cons
unsociable hours
Too many hours in one stretch. A lot of lulls and could be standing for long periods. But then on the other hand, busy and sometimes stressful.
Pros
Salary, Transport links
Cons
Shifts, And too much management staff.
Working with a nice property manager, my tasks include measuring and collecting data of existing NHS properties as well as using AutoCAD to analyse uses and redesign properties.

I have learned how to measure existing building and design modern office building. I do this work independently and contact and communicate with my manager regularly.

I enjoy this job pretty much.
Pros
Low-price lunch
Have enjoyed my 40yr service within NHS Tayside but sad when Ashludie Hospital closed and faced displacement but made welcome in ward 5 RVH and faced many new challenges. Vast change from continuing care to rehabilitation and had to learn new skills which was given the help and support from all staff to make this transition. This was a very busy ward and sometimes not enough hours in the day but to see patients going back home after the team completed their care was the best part as it showed we as a whole had done a good job.
I cleaned the outstanding areas of the ward such as the Disposal and utility Room, then would proceed onto cleaning the ward with my partner. I would then clean all the toilets and corridors. I learned that when telling people what you do, you are not 'just a cleaner' you are just important to anyone else working in the hospital. My co-workers were all lovely people and would be a pleasure to work with them again. The hardest part of the job were to clean the bays on the wards when doctors were in speaking to the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of my shift knowing that I had cleaned the area that I was on to the best of my ability and bein acknowledged for my hard work by nurses/doctors etc.
Pros
job satisfaction