NHS Scotland

NHS Scotland Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
I currently work on a stroke ward. It is very challenging rewarding. Very busy from start to finish. Also we often get head injury patients on ward. It can be very stressful at times.
Working with nhs in the job I do is rewarding, I am always 100% focused
This is not reflected in my wage though, I am always on time and sometime leaving

Late
Pros
Permanent work
Cons
Poor pay
I have worked in many care settings which I love. The most important thing to me is my patients. And patient centred care is what i strive for. I believe in promoting independence whilst respecting patients dignity and diversity at all times
Support the nhs gives is second to none. Work life balance is easly acheaved with the nhs.
80% of the stafd are easy to get along and work with.

Loads of moaning off lazy people who dont know how good they have it. (Only bad bit)

Would go back for the right post.
Happy, caring and motivated team.

Excellent management and line management.

Opportunities to climb the ladder.

Great holidays and annual leave.

Proud to be in NHS.
Pros
Really handy from home
Cons
Recent changes to pension
Always busy, never time to look at clock, hard working job. Nice people to work with, there's different parts of the job but in all its all hard there's no easy part about it . Your guaranteed to go home absoutly shattered
Pros
Every weekend off
Cons
Working here was an easy enough job, however it was too far from where I lived and the employees weren't the friendliest.
As part of the health visiting team you get to meet many families in various stages of their child's development. The job is varied and engaging. It can be a bit frustrating when people arrange sessions then forget about you but otherwise a good job.
Pros
good training opportunities
Cons
lone working
Management need training in manners
Nice colleagues

Not helpful if time needed off

Bullying tactics used by management

Staff don't stay long due to this

Best part of the day was leaving for home
Cons
Individual managers have been promoted beyond competencies. There is a distinct lack of care from management/HR if you suffer the misfortune of serious illness or injury. You are likely to be unloaded. Beware of bullying.
Pros
Good peer colleagues.
Cons
Poor management, very poor HR
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NHS Scotland?
I found my time here very enjoyable, work place was very patient focused and everyone cared about how they performed at their jobs. Staff were very knowledgeable about their chosen fields and also kept up to date with current research which is inspiring.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
progression can only be made if there is an opening available, not promoted on merit
I enjoy assisting and helping staff and management. I work well in a fast paced environment.

I enjoy implementing new process to streamline current procedures.
Work was largely team based. Lots of data analysis, number crunching and data interpretation. Independent work was also involved.
a good job but not Worth the hassle and grief you receive from management when you are trying your hardest.the only place I know where the cleaning supervisors don't actually clean.alot.of story tellers and favouritism in this department.would rather work somewhere with less pay and actually enjoy going to work rather than dread it.EXTREMELY high staff turnover
Pros
pay
Cons
story tellers.favoritism.not being treated great at times by management
A day at work should be enjoyable and full of new learning experiences with room to expand. i fell it should be a place where friendships can be made with both co-workers and bosses. Also i like a job to have some challenging responsibilities that can push me to my best.
Very rewarding to work, had job satisfaction knowing I was doing good for sick people. Enjoyed the work, learnt a lot of skills and work as a team or on own initiative.
Pros
Safe. enjoyeble work
Great employers, great pay, always something different every day, no day is the same. Fantastic pension scheme for your later life
This is a temporary flexible position, which has given me the opportunity to gain new experiences and skills, whilst still remaining at my regular part time job.
It has been a learning curve learning about the Army Reserves and has given me an interest in knowing more about Occupational Health.

I work with different Doctors, technicians and sometimes other Nurses at each of the locations. Learning to work together quickly as a team has been enjoyable and manageable as the format of the clinics are similar in each place.

The day starts at 8 am, with the Lead Nurse preparing the Medical Centre for the clinics, checking the supplies needed and the paperwork is in order. The first Attendees arrive at 08.30, after explaining the paperwork and collecting their notes, they then have audiometry tests, eye sight, urine tests, Height Weight, BMI, Spirometry, Peak Flow, Blood Pressure and a General Lifestyle conversation regarding alcohol, diet, smoking and exercise. The information is recorded and they are then seen by the Doctor. The Clinic is a busy one with attendees coming constantly throughout the day. The Clinic doesn't finish until the last person has gone, the Lead Nurse then issues invioces to the staff, checks all the notes and attendees notes are in order, returns equipment to the box, to be sent back to Scotland, tidies and locks centre. Some clinics require further tests, blood tests, conselling, problem solving.
Pros
Different every time, no included lunch times.
Cons
Distances of Barracks, but it is my choice to work there.
My day to day tasks are varied between managing the drawing library and estates management system. The work environment is okay but I feel that there could be a better structure for working processess and staff development. I enjoy the variety of people I work with and have learned a great deal from them.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of staff development
Lack of staff resource impacts outputs - quality and quality and rate of change to enhance overall development.

Innovation and productivity to meet demands are positive challenges.