NHS Professionals (Bank)

NHS Professionals (Bank) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom266 reviews
Featured review
NHS Professionals (Bank) selected this as a representative review
I have skills that although not of a medical nature, allow me to support our frontline NHS Heroes! Fast application process, huge team effort. Training provided and humbled to be able to play my part.
Poor communication unprofessional trust not equipped with laptop for bank poor handover I left as it was a unsafe for bank workers, I didn’t feel supported
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
I thoroughly enjoyed the variety working on different wards and with different types of people. There was usually lots of support from co-workers. Ki
Pros
Always lots of available shifts and usually great people to work with
Cons
No cons really once struggled to get a shift signed off. It took 3 months?
It's a good system... Most wards are rude to you when you are new which is standard practice in this field

Pay is good.

Competitive to get shifts especially at weekends

NHSp are extremely political and sometimes far too black and white
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Politics
No support or integration with anyone at this company - impossible to contact and very little response to any questions - not a well thought out job role or number of applicants and shifts available
Worked for them for five years never had.any complaints about my work they are.very helpful on the phone the keep you updated on your course very happy with them just won't a job.chage
Pros
Get paid on time
Cons
Not.allways work.at the moment
Been at nhs professionals for over 5 years loved my job and my work friends i still have contact with them, i am a hard worker love my job and role take pride in my line off duty easy too follow orders and love sharing my view im am very caring and very hands on.
Pros
Work flexible.
Cons
Holiday pay.
So i worked here as an Recruitment Advisor on the Bank being told that I'm needed for a long time only to be greeted with a manager who doesn't know what she is doing half the time, Bullies certain people she dislikes and tries to get them fired very unprofessional how it works,

Then to be fired with a weeks notice as they can't afford to keep staff on which is rubbish as they are a multi-million even Billion pound company would not recommend working here
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
No Job Security and Poor Management
Some Trusts still have a few problems to iron out,especially Mental Health Trusts.In the elderly dementia wards, many bank only staff turn up in jeans and trainers of all shades..most dress codes are not adhered to which is disrespectful .
Pros
MyTrusts are good with staff taking breaks..
Cons
Having to pay for car park fees.
Having previously worked from home I thought this job would be ideal for me and my family. The training was fantastic but the actual hours and job was so stressful you didn’t get help easily from management. Doesn’t help that other departments don’t support you as the front line staff. Very stressful left after 5 months
Pros
Home working, nhs benefits
Cons
No support at all from management
Great place to work. Enjoyed my time at NHSP. My experience with NHSP has been awesome ! I have worked in various roles with NHSP and enjoyed every bit of it.
Yes it's productive and fun workplace, everyday is different.I have been working for them for two years and I enjoy it.Its a good company and flexible to work with them.
Pros
NO Free Lunch
Cons
Working with nhsp is ok and good balance but they let you down on training and development and the rates per hour compried to other trusts are very poor do day and night shifts.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay
this is a great job,sometimes challenging but extremely worth it. the rewarding feeling you get after helping patients is amazing. the pay is great and you can choose when and where you ork which makes it conveinient.
Pros
choose your hours
Cons
long hours, no parking
Booking on a particular ward, getting moved every time you get there but gets promised to be maintained on the ward on the next shift. You get there there is a different sister wanting to move you again and you try to tell them you have been promised on the previous shift you would not be moved but in return you get sister getting angry at you for voicing out what you were promised on the previous shift. I will say this is a typical example of how a shift can start.
Have been banking for 2 years, happy with flexible hours and freedom! Weekend pay rate is good but week days are a bit low. Not enough training and no progression whatsoever though.
Learned a lot at NHS Professionals, flexible shifts, payment on time, good customer service. No cancellations. would recommend anyone to work there..
Appalling company, complete and utter scam. They hire you on bank for a couple of weeks and then sack you without reason and without warning. All the staff are rude, ignorant so and so's and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!
Cons
It’s good for people who want the flexibility of working when they want as its 0 hour contract never struggled for work as long as your prepared to walk across site. Manage to pick up 6 shift a week some clinics and ward are better than others.
choosing when you work is good and flexible but poor communication, never get any answers as they dont seem to know either. at the moment there are no shifts and we havent even been told why (although now we do) but have not even had one email or phone call about when there will be any work, not sure how they expect us to live
I loved working in Accident and Emergency, was handy because I had worked there many years ago and still knew half my colleagues which made my job so easy to get back into.