NHS Professionals (Bank)

NHS Professionals (Bank) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom256 reviews
Featured review
NHS Professionals (Bank) selected this as a representative review
I have skills that although not of a medical nature, allow me to support our frontline NHS Heroes! Fast application process, huge team effort. Training provided and humbled to be able to play my part.
Yes it's productive and fun workplace, everyday is different.I have been working for them for two years and I enjoy it.Its a good company and flexible to work with them.
Pros
NO Free Lunch
Cons
Working with nhsp is ok and good balance but they let you down on training and development and the rates per hour compried to other trusts are very poor do day and night shifts.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay
this is a great job,sometimes challenging but extremely worth it. the rewarding feeling you get after helping patients is amazing. the pay is great and you can choose when and where you ork which makes it conveinient.
Pros
choose your hours
Cons
long hours, no parking
Booking on a particular ward, getting moved every time you get there but gets promised to be maintained on the ward on the next shift. You get there there is a different sister wanting to move you again and you try to tell them you have been promised on the previous shift you would not be moved but in return you get sister getting angry at you for voicing out what you were promised on the previous shift. I will say this is a typical example of how a shift can start.
Have been banking for 2 years, happy with flexible hours and freedom! Weekend pay rate is good but week days are a bit low. Not enough training and no progression whatsoever though.
Learned a lot at NHS Professionals, flexible shifts, payment on time, good customer service. No cancellations. would recommend anyone to work there..
Appalling company, complete and utter scam. They hire you on bank for a couple of weeks and then sack you without reason and without warning. All the staff are rude, ignorant so and so's and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!
Cons
It’s good for people who want the flexibility of working when they want as its 0 hour contract never struggled for work as long as your prepared to walk across site. Manage to pick up 6 shift a week some clinics and ward are better than others.
choosing when you work is good and flexible but poor communication, never get any answers as they dont seem to know either. at the moment there are no shifts and we havent even been told why (although now we do) but have not even had one email or phone call about when there will be any work, not sure how they expect us to live
I loved working in Accident and Emergency, was handy because I had worked there many years ago and still knew half my colleagues which made my job so easy to get back into.
Felt like they did not care about you at all; low wages for the work; staff were all one type of person and were rude a lot of time time; hard work was not rewarded
I really enjoyed working at NHS digital. I became abreast with the latest technologies/tools etc for Automation testing and became an expert in them.
The working environment was good and colleagues supportive.
Fun and satisfying place to work.
I've learned how to work with people from a different professions and background and feel very much included as a valued member of the organisation.
The job it self is a satisfying job with lots of personal rewards. But the NHS is very understaffed which causes a lot of stress as you find yourself doing three peoples jobs, skipping breaks and struggling to manage daily work loads. The shift pattern is difficult as you can go from day shifts to night shifts on a very quick turn around, with not much option to opt out of this. This causes work life balance difficult.
I worked for two departments in NHS. One was great. I couldn't fault it, was given lots of support and interesting work.
The other department I worked for a manager who worked away from the office and whom I rarely saw so it was hard to track her work. I also worked for a manager who micromanaged me and I found it hard to feedback my work progress to her. I would recommend working for one department but not the other.
Pros
Good at hot desking, nice offices, staff canteen
Cons
Micromanaging
The people I worked with were brilliant, but the supervisory and management were a disgrace, the treatment of staff was shocking with a continuous bullying and blame culture, if you spoke up your card was marked it seems endemic within the nhs, they have noticed pinned up everywhere regarding policies and procedures respect for others etc In my time there supervisors spoke to you without using your name, and if you spoke up about it, you were branded a trouble maker.
It's clear that this part of the NHS don't follow there own policies as nothing gets done staff are treated appallingly

In my time
Great place to work as once you have your foot in the door you are very secure in your job. Staff and management are all very friendly and aim to be as supportive as possible.
As I am a contractor curently working at NHS Digital I am not on the payroll as an employee thus not able to rate on things such as job security, advancement etc. as it does not apply to me.
Working for NHSP means that I can continue to do my previous job but in a more flexible way around childcare needs. It also means that I earn more than the standard rate of pay.
Not much job advancement opportunities. Management do not encourage advancement, as they would prefer to remain in their positions. Need some new faces in management.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS Professionals (Bank). Our community is ready to answer.