NHS Business Services Authority
Here to help
Coronavirus update

NHS Business Services Authority Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
This is a great place to work. The hours are flexible so you can build a work schedule around your lifestyle, the management is very friendly and lax as long as you adhere to your targets and don't abuse your flexi (if you do go into a flexi debt situation you have to make it back up by the end of the next month), the training is very good and straight forward and the jobs are very easy/simple to understand.

There are only a few problems with working here. First is that there is very little opportunity to climb as I have seen very little management change in the time I've been her. On top of that, even though there is a good mix of culture and ethnicity at my level, the management are predominantly (or all) Caucasian staff.

The job is very boring and repetitive work (they do warn you about it though in the interview), even though we are working to help pharmacists and the NHS it still feels like what you do doesn't make any difference and you can sometimes feel like a robot just coming into work and doing the same job week in and week out.

The wage is very low, which is understandable considering how easy the job is and no qualifications/experience really needed, but at the same time because we are part of the NHS we sometimes get wage freezes which means we don't even get the guaranteed 1%/2% wage increase adjusting for the cost of living that most employers give. Its not much above the minimum wage pay scale and the bonus scheme has now been removed as of September 2019 (I'm not sure how it works with new staff though).

Its still a nice place to work though, stress
 - more...
Pros
Flexible work pattern, friendly staff, excellent/fair managers, stress free, clean, support with mental health and other issues you may have in your life
Cons
Low pay, boring, repetitive, promotions extremely rare
Very good to work for nice people very demanding and can be somtimes hard work place is nice and clean with excellent customer service security is not really a nice person tho
Very grumpy and the food is not that good too
My time at the NHSBSA showed me that the job can be very stressful and challenging but the effort and enthusiasm from everybody there means the job is extremely rewarding and fun.
My role was complex, stressful and challenging.
Learned new skills and developed new working relationships with suppliers

Worked closely in teams and well as on my own

Hardest part was delivering projects on time

Enjoyable part was the people / colleagues I worked with.

No comment on management
Pros
Flexi
Cons
Long hours, stress
very good place to work, really enjoyed my employment here. Excellent experience in office based work, very fast paced. great allowance for holidays and great pay.
Pros
paid breaks
Enjoyed working at NHS BSA however left to go to University.

Gained in depth knowledge of benefits, student finance, etc
Pros
Flexible working
It is a typical repetitive contact centre paying below the minimum wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS Business Services Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5