NHS BLOOD AND TRANSPLANT
NHS BLOOD AND TRANSPLANT Employee Review

Great learning environment

15 April 2019
Being on a mobile team doing late sessions we start around 12:30pm until about 7pm. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and learning about their reasons for donating, its nice to create that kind of relationship with donors as it makes them have a great experience and want to come back to donate in the future. Full training is all provided, based on site and in training facilities. Working full time doing around 75 working hours every fortnight, this means you work 4 days within the 7. Mostly they are weekdays but on occasion it may be a weekend (with my team specifically). It is great to know that you are directly involved in the blood donation process, and it is important to remember that on stressful days, every donation counts.
Pros
Full training
Cons
Long unsociable hours
5 November 2019
Same role
Donor Carer (Former Employee) - Middlesbrough
This post would have been so much better with an approachable manager. High staff turnover but salary very good.
No chance of progression. Can be long days, finishing late.

Lot of lifting and setting up equipment as it’s a mobile unit.

Lovely meeting all the people coming to donate.
5 July 2018
Same role
Donor Carer (Former Employee) - London, Greater London
Unreasonable goals set for the working day, which always overruns.

The people working here are amazing, but are being overworked and are underappreciated and so are disheartened.

It feels like a constant battle with planning to try get a reasonable work load for the day.
25 February 2020
Team Leader / Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) - Emerson Park, Greater London
I've worked here through an agency for 8 months and can honestly say thoroughly enjoyed it here. The team and management are easy to work along side and definitely know how to enjoy and make the most of each day. The hours are the best I've ever found, and the work life balance is great would highly recommend trying to get a role here. My only personal failing is the wage isn't what I need for my personal situation.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NHS BLOOD AND TRANSPLANT. Our community is ready to answer.