NHS BLOOD AND TRANSPLANT

NHS BLOOD AND TRANSPLANT Management reviews

Management communication is sporadic and received potluck. They are not receptive to constructive feedback and do not have a growth mindset approach to improving ways of working.
Pros
Free budget snacks
Cons
Very long hours
I've worked here through an agency for 8 months and can honestly say thoroughly enjoyed it here. The team and management are easy to work along side and definitely know how to enjoy and make the most of each day. The hours are the best I've ever found, and the work life balance is great would highly recommend trying to get a role here. My only personal failing is the wage isn't what I need for my personal situation.
Very nice work culture, People are good to help and talk. Management was very understanding. Work from home was available when required.I will highly recommend anyone to join who is looking for a Work life balance.
Dubious ethics. Poor management. Nepotism abundant. The potential to be a great company, however, complacency is entrenched and there is little critical reflection.
Unreasonable goals set for the working day, which always overruns. The people working here are amazing, but are being overworked and are underappreciated and so are disheartened. It feels like a constant battle with planning to try get a reasonable work load for the day.
Too much work not enough staff. Not to let off steam as you are on deaf ears nothing gets done about it. If you cant hack it look for another job. Management letting staff reduce their hours and not thinking what impact it has on the Full Time Staff left to pick up the extra work load. Management not communicating properly with staff, regarding changes, if you are not in that day you are supposed to know what the changes are. Enjoyable part speaking to staff regarding their queries and receiving thanks for being so helpful.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Difficult to switch off
friendly staff and management with plenty of training provided by those on site. Can become a very busy environment so you needn't apply unless you're confident it's something you're used to dealing with.
Pros
45 minute lunch, early starts and early finished, 27 days annual leave
Cons
Not much room to progress
Had a great year covering for maternity leave within the change management team. Being a more focused role each day brought new challenges to my understanding of managing change. The line managers were very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Location, hours, a focused role.
Cons
Same old problem of remote management who reorganise without and idea of the effects on the ground. Example 1: Appointments system for donors introduced. Did NOT work and resulted in MASSIVE delays and complaints from donors. Example 2: Remote Complaints Management 'trying' to use standard procedures. Over bureaucratic. Complaints should initially be handled locally! Example 3: Three teams at Exeter, Taunton and North Devon were ALL allowed to develop their own working practices. Example 4: Remote overall management who did not allow local manager autonomy. Having said all that I did enjoy the job and the many challenges it gave me. Also some amazing, dedicated staff!
I work 9am-5pm with a 30 minute break. I learnt a lot about medical field and how to deal with sensitive and confidential information. Management is very good. My co-workers are nice and helpful in difficult situations. The hardest part is multi-tasking and meeting deadlines at times. I enjoy my job overall.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
could be better paid