NHBC

NHBC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
It is a fast paced atmosphere and attention to detail is crucial
The management were approachable and took time to assist

The salary bands were impressive
professional, busy, relaxed
No day is the same, relaxed with the knowledge if you worked hard you would gain the benefits
Gained knowledge, experience through change within the company.
Good work life balance
If A good work life balance Is what your after the job as an inspector is a good job but the pay isn’t very good and management aren’t great, not much support
Inspiring place to work
A typical day at work is very productive and full on. The culture is one of excellence and progression.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers from all over the UK
A great company to work for.
They recognise the willingness to learn and help you strive for promotions.

A clear progression path for both your ambitions within the company and your salary.
Amazing company that truly care
NHBC have a special devotion to their customers that is a clear market leader.
They have great attitude towards their workforce, with their head office based in Milton Keynes and a large portion of their workforce working from home.
Pros
Excellent care for customers and staff
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Lured in by Work Life Balance, It wasn't worth it
Joined nhbc as a building inspector. Lured in by work life balance, but ended up doing more work than previous roles for less pay.
Expected to pick up work of others when they can't do it; the structure isn't fair.

Experienced staff in the role treated like children, forever monitored and over watched.

Job security yes, but you'll be left to go stale in your role. You only seem to see progression if another person leaves..
Pros
Can sometimes be flexible in working hours
Cons
Workload can be unfair, Little support, Pay is not competitive compared to competitors, Too many of Managers
Great workplace and amazing training
Received comprehensive training in my role to becoming a building inspector. The whole time I spent with NHBC I felt like a valued employee and received constant support from my peers.
A very nice place to work
There is no typical day at work - every day is different.

All of my colleagues are very nice and helpful - people really go ut of their way to help you.
Fantastic company to work for with huge benefits
I have not had any issues working for NHBC, I have loved working here however I wish to complete my APC and unfortunately they cannot help me in the way I need them to.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Corporate Nature
Good Culture
Good workplace culture, friendly colleagues, very centered on doing the right thing as a business. Management on the whole are good. Some opportunities for advancement, but people tend to stay in their jobs and within the business for some time.
Doesn't care about it's staff
It doesn't matter how good you are at your job and how much praise you get from others, if you're not in a clique with the managers then you do not get their support or respect. Hard work is not rewarded. Lazy people who purposely cause trouble within the department and leave early most days seem to get further just because they have friends in the right places.

The job itself was brilliant when you were able to get on with it but recently it has become far too micro managed and you spent more time reporting to managers than handling files.
Pros
Restaurant
Cons
Managers
Calm and Motivating
Entering such a large cooperation can definitely be daunting, but as soon as I walked i was greeted warmly and made sure I was perfectly comfortable with the work I was doing. I had to to lots of organising on many topics I knew very little about, which pushed me to my best.
Generally a good company
When i started at the company it was very good and i learnt a great deal. I spent 11 years at the company but in my opinion the company changed what it did well to a different direction which i did not agree with.
Pros
reasonably decent salary
Cons
A lot of driving
Traditional "big business"
This company are at the forefront of what they do. Career progression is available but it feels like only to those where "if your face fits". Management throughout customer services are very clicky and can be quite contradictory with their work ethic of "do as I say, not as I do". Pay rises have been minimal and frozen for many and incentives are few and far between. However the location is great, offices are clean and modern and the standard pay rates aren't bad either.
Good for gaining experience.
Good for gaining experience in the office. Brilliant pay, good hours to work. I learnt how to use the company's system and gained knowledge and experience of Admin work.
Not good
Very disorganised company. I didn't enjoy working there at all.
The two managers are very different and couldn't agree on what was required from me and weren't very accommodating.
Great place to work, very nice building, only minor annoyances.
Pros
Lovely building, great canteen, awesome coffee shop
A temp job
Overall a good company to work for, assisting the claims deparment, speaking to Contractors.
Well structured and challenging.
I learned many office skills there, as well as how to organise my time and reach strict deadlines.
Pros
Versatile work and challenges
Cons
Could be very hard at times.