NGA Human Resources

NGA Human Resources Management reviews

Worked for a year, was trained in HR/Payroll and Recruitment. Friendly staff. Good Pay. Free Parking. Smoking facilities. Great kitchen facilities, Poor management. not enough work. but too many staff.
Pros
Free Parking and vending machines
Cons
Poor Management
Not great a great company, they are not aware of life outside of NGA (NOW ZELLIS). There is a culture that if its not broke, when in fact sales and profits were falling and managent had there heads up there butts
Understaffed Poor management/bulling One rule for one and rule for another Overstretched Poor training I was a trainee payroll administrator, the training was limited.
The management are always fighting fires, with the sheer amount of client escalations, so they do not offer any help at all. Instead they keep loading their staff with more and more work till they break. They had THE worst management I have ever worked-for, and are nowhere near the quality of their competitors. Once you say you are struggling with something, or if you try to keep escalating matters the management start their blame game. If you continually work over your hours, and therefore increase your billable hours, there is no recognition verbally or financially, getting 0.25% payrise in my first year, followed by no payrise in my 2nd year. New releases of software are not tested internally competently, therefore issues are found by LIVE CLIENTS, as soon as they are upgraded, terrible way to run a company.
Pros
Basic Salary and car allowance is reasonable, working from home
Cons
Everything - hours, pressure, no help, no guidance, management blame culture, no payrises, poor benefits, overworked
Working for NGA was an up hill struggle every day. Worked there for just over three years, every 3 months I got more responsibility to my current work loaded. And no thanks from management, oh yes I got 0.25% pay rise in my there years there. Every time you get up, even for a drink of water, senior management are asking what you are doing. If you are two minutes late, you get called into the office, even if you have worked 10 hours over that week unpaid. If you part of a BME group, good luck, as NGA culture is there to point you out at the bottom of the food chain. My advice is not to work here and avoid it like the plague
Pros
tap water
Cons
too many too list
Worked for this company for many years and I can truly say it is a most horrible place to work. The atmosphere sucks the life out of you. Management team is over overbearing and they always looking over your shoulder. You have to ask permission to go and use the facilities. If you are truly desperate this is the only reason why you would work here.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Do not work here Poor management Have to put your hand up to make a cup of tea. If you BEM group good luck! If you are one minute late, you will be called up to the managers offices, even if you finish 1 hour late that day.
Pros
Cons
Do not work here
As a new starter you are placed with an existing employee until you have all of your accesses. After this you are given a payroll, expected to know everything and are penalised if you do not and make any sort of mistake. Management are all part time as are most of the senior administrators and team leaders so there is little to no support. You are then ridiculed if you have too much work and things are pushed to the wayside. This company is very much a "if your face fits" kind of place, if management like you then you can get away with doing the bare minimum and even get promotions. However, if you aren't one if their favourites then you won't get any recognition for working yourself into the ground going above and beyond for the customers and the company. The people that you work with in the teams are great, they make the time spent there bearable. The hours you work can be flexible if needed.
Pros
Free parking, 3 food vans a day & an ice cream van in the summer, colleagues
Cons
Many
-No training for new starters, you are left to sit with a current employee until you get access to your own computer, (which can take weeks) when you finally do you will then be passed the same amount of work as an experienced team member and be expected to know what you are doing. - No progression for HR at all it is mostly payroll accounts. - Very little policy/advising as stated in job descriptions,as a senior admin you are mostly doing dull data entry for most of your day. - Management are the most unprofessional/hypocritical people you will ever meet. They have no clue how to get the best out of their employees and lack basic management skills ie communication,ownership of tasks and motivation of staff. To summarise if you are looking for something local but are prepared to spend 95% of your day clock watching apply here!
Pros
Cons
Poor management, dull job role and no real progression
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NGA Human Resources?
Do not work for this company , they don't look after their staffs and the policy and rules only applies to certain staffs . You have to be the Manager's favourite, so you get away with everything while the rest work like slaves. .
Pros
Coffee machine that is always broken
Cons
No support to it staffs
North American management culture. 5 hour global conference calls were typical and tedious. Lots of UK travel. Very draining experience. Some good people but very few good senior people.
Lack of Management experience to develop staff. turnover of staff high No work life balance blame culture lack of training, expected to pick up instructions and run with it, not a lot of one to one training. No specific payroll training ongoing, considering it is a payroll company
Pros
Cons
Long hours / lack of management experience / old fashioned
This company is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I turned up on my first day and sat with someone for 1 hour (after them rushing around trying to find someone who could be bothered to show me what to do) and was then left to it. The managers are extremely unprofessional and do not speak to you directly about any issues they have with you they speak to everyone else in the office and spread gossip when they actually bother to turn up. You are thrown in the deep end with no training and then blamed when do you do not know how to carry out your role. The best part about working here was working with the brilliant hard working people on my team.
Pros
The employees
Cons
Everything else
Cliquey and incompetent management who blame barely trained employees for their shortcomings. Rude and oppressive do not respect their employees. Literally NO structured training!
Pros
Cons
Oppressive and stark you are just a number. No basic amenities or even a canteen.
Learned how to overcome pressure situations and manage them in efficiently.Management went about their business calmly and was always in control of the things they did.Workplace culture was very good
good place to work you felt supported however there was a lot of upheavel when there and felt management could have handled this better. At times, felt as if did not know what was going on in the company and this felt isolating.
Very bad company in my opinion, had bad dealings with these people who didn't have a clue at all, asked me for information under false pretense and going back on their word just to cover themselves, what I wanted them to do (their job - You Had One Job, Just One Job!!!)) they simply didn't do and what I didn't want them to do - guess what? Yep they did !! Very difficult to get through to them as no one was ever in - having fun somewhere. I regret getting involved with this company, please don't retaliate and intimidate me to remove this post (That's if you manage to find me) and threaten me with legal action as it is based on my experience and FREEDOM of speech, Period ! Totally wasted me time and I am still fuming when I do think about the BAD experience from them !! Poor show indeed !
Pros
Cons
Everything ?
I ended up taking them to an industrial tribunal after being very unfairly dismissed. I'm not allowed to discuss the details under the terms of the unfair settlement. Colleagues were hard working and good company. Management was erratic and illogical and prone to very poor practices and dire lack of communication, including a surprise office relocation. Pay was eventually ok. Best avoided unless you are desperate!
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
As above - NGA lacks organisation in middle management. This is because there is too heavy a workload for middle management to manage their team and satisfy the needs of the client. The positives are that NGA offers career progression due to the sheer size of the company.
Clients are regularly lied to and have information witheld from them. L&D is appalling. No communication. Your job could be offshored in an instant. Very low morale in the centre. You will constantly move desks. Cost savings over long term employee/client retention. Overall, even though NGA offers competitive salaries, generous annual leave allowance and has nice surroundings to work in, the company is not one I would recommend seeking employment with.
Pros
Decent salary, annual leave, work/life balance.
Cons
Management, company culture.
I have loved my experience at NGA Human Resources. The teams, management and culture is so diverse and we all work together.
Pros
Flexibility, culture, team spirit
Cons
Long days