NG Bailey Employee Reviews

One of the worst jobs I have had
Job Role (Former Employee) –  London17 September 2019
Unfortunately this was a terrible place to work. Management were unsupportive and didnt understand what was expected from them. I have to say that I didnt learn anything working for NG Bailey
They have no clue
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire10 September 2019
no focus just a bunch of individuals with no real experience, all good and standard industry ideas get walked over and chaos ensue.
unethical methods will lead to someone's future being affected quite badly. so a short term contract cold be a very dangerous proposition.......don't ...............glad I left
Fast paced environment
Invoice Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 August 2019
Fast paced but pleasant environment, processing high volumes of purchase invoices. Assisting in transition from one ledger to another. Role was very segregated and quite boring.
Managers have no idea
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2019
Nearly killed staff at one of my sites with a light mast at a train depot! They has flat out denied any fault. All their staff are not trained and have no real idea what they are doing. The sooner this company is gone the better. Most of the managers are jumped up idiots with no experience or knowledge of mechanical or structural building works. They will NOT be getting another contract with my company ever again.
A corporate monster that will chew you up and spit you out.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Leeds8 July 2019
N G Bailey are very good at marketing themselves as a caring company with an internal promotion on work/life balance. ‘Don’t become a slave to email’ etc. Then they give you a laptop to make sure you can take projects home to complete unrealistic amounts of work which were set an unrealistic time frame to be finished. Usually a couple of times a year you’re requested (made) to attend the corporate brainwash, encouraged to car share and cycle to work while the top brass bellow smog into the atmosphere from their huge cars whilst driving between their free lunches.
If you’re inventive enough and in with the right crew, you can pretty much create a job title for yourself.
If you’re just a mere mortal you’ll be over worked and under paid compared to rivals in the same sectors. Managing directors send out memos instructing staff not to do something and then do exactly the same themselves. If you’re a hypocrite, charlatan or a brown noser, get your cv over to the HR department.
Pros
Onsite free parking
Cons
Working for the company
Bad managers!!
Data engineer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 July 2019
Had me working on salary base while they had the rest of their engineers working on per job, I.e they would get paid a percentage of the value of that job, but, if I did the same job I would be paid my normal wages, what they would do is give me all the big jobs and give them the small jobs so no extra money to be paid to any of the engineers. To be honest there were some fantastic people working there, only bad managers and dangerous too, they tell you to always be safe but didn't provide any training regarding your safety, all the training was related to getting the job done. The managers were always working together and doing things that were unethical to the employees and the company I heard one said "I should be shot in the face" because he thought the phone was hanged up and I heard the office staffs laughing in the background, plus the other manager would of backed him and visa versa. Overall I believe NG Bailey do have potential to be a good company but too many blind eyes from upper management to lower management. I Hope this gave you some insight about NG Bailey and if you decided to work there, stand up for yourself and don't let the pressure of impressing your manager get to you.
Pros
Get paid, uniform
Cons
Long hours, wages, managers, training
Disjointed management
Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scotland2 July 2019
There is no clear direction within the business. Everything is based around Paper trail blame culture. Management has no accountability, In good conscience I would not recommend NG Bailey as a place to work.
Pros
Good benfits
Cons
No clear direction from management
Can be fun if you don't take things to heart as all people can upset and they do. Just bite your tongue and carry on enjoy your work and life.
Stores handy man (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 June 2019
It was great but so many managers some good many bad. But good to work for reliable job. Multi million pound company. Puts many do s on. Has fantastic learning for the young. Stay and love it
Pros
Cheaper electrical goods and plumbing goods
Cons
Long hours bad managers
Proceed with caution
Operations (Former Employee) –  Home Based21 May 2019
I worked in IT Services for 7+ years with mixed views. I won't labour the early but focus on the most recent. The company was a fun place to work with a great mix of people who enjoyed working together, this has changed dramatically due to a strategic change in business direction. This change has seen a steady erosion of projects, clients and managed services which has meant a reduction in headcount. The continued headcount reduction in headcount has made remaining people very wary and nervous for their futures. I hope that the remaining staff are safe in their jobs and that IT Services does remain a viable business but only time will tell. Good luck to anyone joining.
Pros
People
Cons
Communication, management style
Nice company to work for
Managed Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Home Based9 May 2019
I had a good experience working for NG Bailey. Management were supportive and encoraged us to complete training that was relevant to our role and they were happy to pay for it.

I left for a contracting role otherwise I may have stayed.

Progression may be quite slow but a great place to learn a trade and get into a new industry.

Being a home based worker was nice as on quiet days there was no need to drive to an office to appear busy and being available on call was enough. This was due in part because of the nature of the job. With some sites being quite a distance and a lot of time being spent working away. So this lead to a nice work life balance.
Pros
Homeworking, van and tool provided, usual benefits like health and pension
Cons
Some upper level management interference, sometimes slow to repay out of pocket expenses, fully tracked van with no personal use.
Horrible workplace
Various Positions and Progressions (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom9 May 2019
They treat hard working staff as an expendable , they do not take employee stress levels or work loads into account , it is a numbers focused business and it’s SLT management is ridiculous contracts have been lost due to their disregard for customer service
good contract
CAD Coordinator (Current Employee) –  reading9 May 2019
good contract but work coming to an end. Long hours as lots of work to get through but I think the work is starting to slow down as the project getting closer to completion.
Great crowd to work for
QA Manager/RAR Manager/H&S (SHEQ) (Former Employee) –  LHR T2a, London30 April 2019
Have done many big projects with NGB. Had been with NGB for a number of years. Had permit to work system web site built on 2 major projects, which were and achieved a heads up from the main contractors and NGB
Pros
working hours to suit
Cons
No cons
Poorly managed
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire24 April 2019
The pay is very competitive but, It's the worst company I have ever worked for. Moral is very low, most of the fitters are looking for jobs elsewhere and management say they are approachable but leave you feeling your job is at risk if you speak up.
productive
Electrician Mate (Former Employee) –  London bridge24 April 2019
was a big learning curve for me. grew in confident and was able to learn alongside some of the fines spark in the industry. impactful and considerate supervisor.
Job not fit for purpose!!!
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex12 April 2019
Do not work here mangers are awful don’t communicate with you expect u to do 40 sites a day for low wage and moan when u haven’t done your jobs awful place !!!
Pros
None no life working here !!
Cons
Bad pay bad management
Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire22 March 2019
NGB is a great place to work, i don't think its a great place to progress though unless you are already at a senior level, but the culture and the people are really nice.
Good Step on the Career Ladder
Configuration Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds22 February 2019
Overall, NG Bailey is a dynamic and relatively supportive company. I found, I was given some opportunity to develop and able to request flexible working, when required.

I was able to work hours requested but each day was very much the same. This lead to, at times feeling, bored and not feeling challenged.

Even though it was a repetitive environment, I had a great line manager who supported me and the people there were supportive too. It made going to work fun.

I probably still would be at NG Bailey, if I felt there was room to advance and salary was a bit more. Since I felt I was ready for more but the role was not growing with me, I decided to leave.
Pros
Good benefit package and a very supportive environment
Cons
litte opportunity for advancement, pay adequate but feel could have been better, work reptitive
Good people to work with
Divisional H&S Manager (Former Employee) –  Islington, Greater London11 February 2019
I enjoyed my time at NGB but the work/life balance was poor, due to the daily commute

The ability to work without micro-management was great as I was trusted to understand and accomplish what was needed by both the company and it's customers
Productive and energetic working environment
Group Payroll Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 January 2019
Working at NGB has been a fantastic experience, excellent working environment with confident and experienced Managers, providing a great learning environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NG Bailey. Our community is ready to answer.