NFU Mutual Employee Review

Great company to work for, or used to be
Sales and Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 May 2019
I have worked at NFU Mutual for many years now and whilst it still is the best place I have ever worked and there are still many benefits to the job, they have allowed their own standards to drop and created a place that is more stressful and difficult to work in - purely due, I would say, to bad management or unrealistic goals and putting pressure onto staff to do more in less time.

Also, as a mutual, the company is supposed to create profit for the policyholders (customers) however, every year the directors and CEO seem to claim bigger and more bonuses for themselves and then outright refuse to pay all of their staff equally.

I would still recommend it as a place to work - maybe because I have been there so long I am just more sensitive to the changes but I do believe the changes they have made are more detrimental than beneficial.
Pros
Free fruit, development opportunities, fun at work days
Cons
Lack of staff, constant moving of the goal post, paying new staff more than existing

Other NFU Mutual Employee Reviews

Poor
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Wales3 December 2019
With the type job role, you have to be so compliant that you can not relax and enjoy the job as you are continuously being monitored. The salary of min wage is poor and does not justify the job role.
Excellant
2nd Line Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon21 October 2019
A yearly evaluation is the perfect time to set clear goals for your professional development. For example, if you want to progress to a higher level, you will need to take on extra tasks and prove that you have what it takes.

Through the two-way discussion with your manager, you’ll be able to identify and set clear goals for the following year. It will also give you something to base your progress on, which will help when it comes to the following year’s review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NFU Mutual. Our community is ready to answer.