NFU Mutual Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Poor
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Wales3 December 2019
With the type job role, you have to be so compliant that you can not relax and enjoy the job as you are continuously being monitored. The salary of min wage is poor and does not justify the job role.
Customer Service Adviser - Glasgow
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 February 2019
I have to say that NFU has to be the worst place I have ever worked.

The managers are so unhelpful, they won’t take calls when asked to do so and to be honest with you they are clueless and don’t provide you with any help / support or guidance to assist you in developing your career.

The Members of staff who work there are very ignorant and disgusting and the hours you are required to work are a disgrace along with the pay.

My advice would be to find an alternative employer as it’s a face fits environment and if yours doesn’t then you will be targeted.
Pros
Cons
Managers, Pay, Hours or Work
Mediocre
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire10 October 2017
Not overly taxing work but in a small office could get very petty behaviour from some staff which made days awkward. Training wasnt the best it could be.
Great flexi time but no career progression
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Head Office21 January 2016
The company has changed a lot over the 10 years I worked there. It has great benefits such as a standard 25 days holiday (27 after 5 years) and flexi time, plus the pension is great too (put 8% in and it's made up to 20%). BUT the jobs are mainly very repetitive and there is no career progression for most, as jobs are fixed for friends and although asking for qualifications and help progressing, they wouldn't help me as they said it wasn't relevant to my role. How are you supposed to get on in this company if they won't let you do the relevant qualifications?! Madness!

Another thing to bear in mind is the awful bureaucracy of their annual 'Managing Achievement' reviews. This isn't annual...it's all year! On and on having 6 weekly meetings on career development (just means more work will be dumped on you) and how you meet the 'personal stars' (egs to prove you can do your job). Really is a waste of time and gets you nowhere, but if you don't do it you don't get your annual bonus every April.

I have since moved, gained a good pay rise and within 3 months am studying for qualifications to further my chosen career path. It's great not working for such a big company, smaller companies seem to value you a lot more and invest in you, even if the benefits aren't that great.
Pros
Great pension, put 8% in company make it up to 20%, flexi time, bonus every April of up to 10%
Cons
Lack of career progression, repetitive work, Managing Achievement reviews
Typical Day
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Worcester21 March 2015
I find that a day in this Agency is extremely varied and this helps with enjoyment of the job.

Whilst employed at this Agency I have learned a lot about time management and a wide range of product knowledge. In terms of management I find that they are very flexible and accommodating as well as being very understanding.
Excellent and rewarding place to work
Customer Service Adviser (Current Employee) –  Honley, West Yorkshire1 April 2013
There is no such thing as a typical day, every day is different, I learned a lot at the NFU, adding to my skills base with Sales Experience and increasing customer service skills.

NFUM in Honley is a small office and the staff from peers to management are very supportive with training needs and work life balance.